Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

:hiHi everybody! I thought this was just too cool and had to share. :clap I was browsing Bev's site today and saw that at the bottom of the page for Bev's Shell Stitch Scarf, she mentions Compassionate Creations. Now how cool is that!!!!!!!!! :dance I was thoroughly delighted!! :jumpyay Thanks Bev!! :day

:cheer Thanks for the heads up Cherri! And thanks Bev!!!! :cheer:clap

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone!!!

Well, today was delivery day! I brought in 60 scarves, 16 wristbands and 1 lapsquare! Thank you everyone!!! Just to let you know also that Compassionate Creations is now 1 year old! THANK YOU for making that possible! We are now spreading comfort to survivors throughout the state of MA! Counselors are asking for our scarves! Please help me to keep the warmth going in 2009. You'll notice in the pics some single scarves. I tested the Double Shell Scarf for our own jessicagil here on the 'ville. Great pattern, btw! And another one, the pink and grey one on newspaper I finished as I was walking in the door to the crisis center, lol! That's #60! Enjoy the slideshow! :hug

th_DoubleShellScarftestedforjessicagil.jpg slideshow

Hi Ann. :hug Congratulations on the 1 year mark. :cheer I'm sure that this program has brought comfort to many. :yes Thank you for being an angel. :wangel I will continue making scarves and hope to increase my numbers in 2009. You're doing a wonderful thing and I'm honored to be a part of it. Ok, group hug! :ghug:lol

Hi Ann. :hug Congratulations on the 1 year mark. :cheer I'm sure that this program has brought comfort to many. :yes Thank you for being an angel. :wangel I will continue making scarves and hope to increase my numbers in 2009. You're doing a wonderful thing and I'm honored to be a part of it. Ok, group hug! :ghug:lol

Thank you Cherri! I think everyone here that has contributed is an angel! I couldn't have done this without all of you! Thank you for your dedication to this cause also :hug. I just counted up the total "creations" for 2008. This includes all scarves, wristbands, and lapsquares, plus the few other wonderful creations that were sent in in the beginning......625 creations! OK, I'm speechless now :lol

I just counted up the total "creations" for 2008. This includes all scarves, wristbands, and lapsquares, plus the few other wonderful creations that were sent in in the beginning......625 creations! OK, I'm speechless now :lol

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheerWay to go, everyone!!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap

Ann-- Have you seen January's Crochet! magazine? They started a new montly feature that highlights a different charity each month. This month it was a Chicago based group that also provides scarves for survivors of sexual violence. Perhaps we should e-mail info on Compassionate Creations to the magazine? On another note there is also a very pretty scarf pattern desigend by Bendy Carter as a companion to the article... definitely worth a look!

Ann-- Have you seen January's Crochet! magazine? They started a new montly feature that highlights a different charity each month. This month it was a Chicago based group that also provides scarves for survivors of sexual violence. Perhaps we should e-mail info on Compassionate Creations to the magazine? On another note there is also a very pretty scarf pattern desigend by Bendy Carter as a companion to the article... definitely worth a look!

No, I haven't seen it yet! I'm going to have to go searching! Thanks for the heads up!:hug

Hi Everyone!!!

Well, today was delivery day! I brought in 60 scarves, 16 wristbands and 1 lapsquare! Thank you everyone!!! Just to let you know also that Compassionate Creations is now 1 year old! THANK YOU for making that possible! We are now spreading comfort to survivors throughout the state of MA! Counselors are asking for our scarves! Please help me to keep the warmth going in 2009. You'll notice in the pics some single scarves. I tested the Double Shell Scarf for our own jessicagil here on the 'ville. Great pattern, btw! And another one, the pink and grey one on newspaper I finished as I was walking in the door to the crisis center, lol! That's #60! Enjoy the slideshow! :hug

th_DoubleShellScarftestedforjessicagil.jpg slideshow

So many 'creations'. I am so glad there are so many people helping! I am also working on another scarf pattern. :D A single shell one. I'll send the pattern to you if you want when I get it completed.

So many 'creations'. I am so glad there are so many people helping! I am also working on another scarf pattern. :D A single shell one. I'll send the pattern to you if you want when I get it completed.

Thank you, Jessica! I'd love to give it a try. The double shell was so wonderful to do!:hug

All 12 are for you to use for anything. Those are the general sizes I believe for all. The square one is most avatar sizes. The long on is the size of those long ads you see on sites. The other 2 are the most common for site links, etc for others to use to link your site. So put them up on your site for people to use to link to you. You can keep the buttons where they are though I will not be moving them from photobucket. If you ever want any other size just let me know. I love me photoshop.

All 12 are for you to use for anything. Those are the general sizes I believe for all. The square one is most avatar sizes. The long on is the size of those long ads you see on sites. The other 2 are the most common for site links, etc for others to use to link your site. So put them up on your site for people to use to link to you. You can keep the buttons where they are though I will not be moving them from photobucket. If you ever want any other size just let me know. I love me photoshop.

Thank you! What a wonderful gift :hugI have to tell you... I wasn't going to mention this to anyone, but I've been so down the past couple of days. We had to put our bearded collie down yesterday and my heart is just breaking. I know that she is no longer in pain, so that is making it more bearable today. You, dear friend have made my day much brighter with your kindness.

Thank you! What a wonderful gift :hugI have to tell you... I wasn't going to mention this to anyone, but I've been so down the past couple of days. We had to put our bearded collie down yesterday and my heart is just breaking. I know that she is no longer in pain, so that is making it more bearable today. You, dear friend have made my day much brighter with your kindness.

Oh hun I know how you feel. My absolute best friend had to be put down when I was 19. My chi I miss so dearly. It's been 9 years but still I cry when I think of him. I can't get another dog & if we do I can't get close. :hug

Oh hun I know how you feel. My absolute best friend had to be put down when I was 19. My chi I miss so dearly. It's been 9 years but still I cry when I think of him. I can't get another dog & if we do I can't get close. :hug

Thank you, Jessica. I'm doing better today, but there is an emptyness around the house. She was 13 yrs old and really starting to suffer and her mind was going too, so I know that she is in a much better place. I'm so sorry about your chi :hug

Thank you, Jessica. I'm doing better today, but there is an emptyness around the house. She was 13 yrs old and really starting to suffer and her mind was going too, so I know that she is in a much better place. I'm so sorry about your chi :hug

Mine got mean due to the epilepsy. He would be ok around the kids, my mom, & all. But then my mom got a dog and they got in a fight. Chis have tissue in their neck that is circular so it doesn't heal that great which made it all worse. He wasn't getting better no mater what. Told my mom because her dog did this to him he had to be put down as well. Her dog went right for the jugular as though he was trained to fight. He was that lahopseaso (I know its spelt wrong) breed. He was a rescue dog too. Oh well. One day I'll be able to get a dog again. His sister died about a year later of a broken heart. My chi was 14 & she was 15. I did have another chi 4 years ago. I saved her from my exhusband. He broke her back legs. Him & his girlfriend (now wife) saved her from another abusive person. :think Her bowels finally went after being severly damaged by the exhusband & them giving her cat food instead. Once she could no longer control herself I had her put down. She had the best year of her life the last year of her life with us. She loved doin laundry. When she was bad (she started being like a puppy again) her punishment was no walking to the laundry room. About once a month she got that. She needed no leash either. I just dont get how people think chis are bad. All mine where so well behaved without training.

Ok I am done rambling lol. Big hugs to you. It will get better. :hug

Hey hun I got some squares in the mail I can't use. They are 12" x about 15". Will this work for those mini lapghans? If not I will add to them but wanted to ask before I did. I also have a few scarves for you I plan on sending in January. Can I get your address again I lost it. Thanks!

Hey hun I got some squares in the mail I can't use. They are 12" x about 15". Will this work for those mini lapghans? If not I will add to them but wanted to ask before I did. I also have a few scarves for you I plan on sending in January. Can I get your address again I lost it. Thanks!

Hi Jessica! The squares are a bit small. They should really be no smaller than 18". I'd be happy to add to them if you don't have the time! PM'ing you with my addy..... :hug

:hiHi everybody!!!! :ghug Ann, I have 6 scarves coming your way at the end of the week. The pics are on my blog. I also put one of those cute buttons on my blog too. Have a great day, everyone!!!! :manyheart

OMG, Cherri, thank you so much! I just read your blog and they are wonderful! And thank you for your dedication to this project :hug. I love all your blanket for the kids too! My goodness you make beautiful things! Thanks for adding the button! I still have to add mine as you can tell, lol! I'm such a dunce when it come to technical stuff, plus I've been so sick the past week, I haven't felt like doing much of anything. When I don't want to :crocheting you know I'm in trouble, lol! Going to the doctor's this afternoon. I need to get better to finish up these Christmas presents and stay on track with my 1 scarf/1 wristband a day goal!

OMG, Cherri, thank you so much! I just read your blog and they are wonderful! And thank you for your dedication to this project :hug. I love all your blanket for the kids too! My goodness you make beautiful things! Thanks for adding the button! I still have to add mine as you can tell, lol! I'm such a dunce when it come to technical stuff, plus I've been so sick the past week, I haven't felt like doing much of anything. When I don't want to :crocheting you know I'm in trouble, lol! Going to the doctor's this afternoon. I need to get better to finish up these Christmas presents and stay on track with my 1 scarf/1 wristband a day goal!

Oh Ann! I'm so sorry you're sick. :( I hope it's nothing serious. Please feel better soon. We love you! :manyheart I'll keep you in my prayers. :hug:hug:hug:manyheart:hug

Oh Ann! I'm so sorry you're sick. :( I hope it's nothing serious. Please feel better soon. We love you! :manyheart I'll keep you in my prayers. :hug:hug:hug:manyheart:hug

Thank you Cherri :hug. Nothing too serious. Just a cold/virus that got away from me. Now it's a sinus/ear infection heading into my chest and I'm allergic to most antibiotics so the doc's afraid to give me anything. Trying to struggle along with chicken soup! Has anyone here used a Neti pot for sinus problems? The doctor wants me to use one.

I have had sinus problems all my life & never heard of it. I know my mom used to stick vicks vapor rub right under my nose & it helped a lot. Nyquil used to work too until they took the stuff out of it. I heard they sell the old kind behind the pharmacy counter. But I've only seen liquid. I hope that you get better! I am allergic to most things too.

Archived