Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

Hey Ann, you know we will be thinking of you and sending :hug and prayers.

We will certainly keep an eye on the site, you just take care of you.

The scarves on the site are very pretty. The ladies on the ville always do such nice work.

Thank you, Pat! I can always count on you ladies!!! :hug

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be missing for a couple of days next week (Thur and Fri) because I'm having surgery, my gallbladder needs to come out. If some of you "regular" folks wouldn't mind keeping an eye on the thread I'd appreciate it. I should be home by Saturday if anyone has any questions that can't be answered by going to my website.

:hiHi!!! I'm baaaack!! :lol I'm wishing the best for you, my friend. Don't worry about anything. I'll keep an eye out for the thread, too. You just hurry up and get better!!!! :yes Big cyber hugs to you!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

:hiHi!!! I'm baaaack!! :lol I'm wishing the best for you, my friend. Don't worry about anything. I'll keep an eye out for the thread, too. You just hurry up and get better!!!! :yes Big cyber hugs to you!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Cherri!:hug Welcome back!!! Thanks for keeping a look out here for me and the hugs too,lol! I'll do my best to heal quickly! :D

I've heard that gallbladder operations are no big deal nowadays (but who likes going into hospital, no matter what the reason? :( ) Fingers crossed for you and big hugs going out! :hug We'll keep the home fires buring on the thread :lol

Hi Olivia! That's right, the surgery is supposed to be "no big deal!" That's what I keep telling myself, lol! Although I do seem to have the luck that things go wrong at the last minute, lol! My SIL (an OR nurse) told me to at least consider that I might wake up with a MUCH larger scar than I planned on and a week's stay in the hospital. She thinks they might have to do the "open" surgery on me! :eek I'm planning to be back here on Sat morning! :yes

Dear Grannieannie:

Dont worry none we will keep you in our prayers... I had gull bladder surgery and well they made me sign papers before surgery in case they had to do it the old fashion ways.

so i did and well guess what when i woke up i was trying to feel to see which ways it was orthoscopicly or the old fashion ways ... the nurse said Ms lugo what you looking for and i droggy as can be said, how was i cut? she Smiled and said the short ways ...

then she said by the ways Ms Lugo can you tell me who on earth do you care so much about that when we were trying to wake you you said Wait, I'm trying to send a email to my friend and you are disrupting me...

Can you imagine that.... I blushed and said Is that all I said????? She said Yes dear...

Well then they took me to my room of course i had to stay over night, I was not a happy camper i wanted to come home the same day.

I tell you one thing i didnt get a wink of sleep that night i sat and stood up all night looking at tv and out the window i was just so uncomfortable sitting and laying down ...

then i came home and just went into my bed and slept most of the day... No better place than home in my own bed...

You will be fine dont worry ......

God be with you and he will take care of you...

My surgeon said that my gull bladder was the size of a grapefruit and that i was lucky it didnt burst and I was extra lucky he was able to take it out the new ways....

See God was with me too so I know he will be with you...

hugs

Lillibet

Dear Grannieannie:

Dont worry none we will keep you in our prayers... I had gull bladder surgery and well they made me sign papers before surgery in case they had to do it the old fashion ways.

so i did and well guess what when i woke up i was trying to feel to see which ways it was orthoscopicly or the old fashion ways ... the nurse said Ms lugo what you looking for and i droggy as can be said, how was i cut? she Smiled and said the short ways ...

then she said by the ways Ms Lugo can you tell me who on earth do you care so much about that when we were trying to wake you you said Wait, I'm trying to send a email to my friend and you are disrupting me...

Can you imagine that.... I blushed and said Is that all I said????? She said Yes dear...

Well then they took me to my room of course i had to stay over night, I was not a happy camper i wanted to come home the same day.

I tell you one thing i didnt get a wink of sleep that night i sat and stood up all night looking at tv and out the window i was just so uncomfortable sitting and laying down ...

then i came home and just went into my bed and slept most of the day... No better place than home in my own bed...

You will be fine dont worry ......

God be with you and he will take care of you...

My surgeon said that my gull bladder was the size of a grapefruit and that i was lucky it didnt burst and I was extra lucky he was able to take it out the new ways....

See God was with me too so I know he will be with you...

hugs

Lillibet

:hug Thank you for sharing your story Lillibet! :hug

Grannieannie, I had to have the bigger incision for my hyterectomy because of my size and shape, so I know that's not the way you want to go, so I hope she's not right for your sake. I hope you heal quickly. I started making scarves for the twelve scarf thread and found I don't like scarfs so much. So I have two I would like to send your way. One is pink with hearts and the other is white with blue fringe.

Grannieannie, I had to have the bigger incision for my hyterectomy because of my size and shape, so I know that's not the way you want to go, so I hope she's not right for your sake. I hope you heal quickly. I started making scarves for the twelve scarf thread and found I don't like scarfs so much. So I have two I would like to send your way. One is pink with hearts and the other is white with blue fringe.

Your right, I do not want the bigger incision! I have my fingers crossed, but have my bag packed with yarn and hooks just in case I have a longer stay,lol! Thank you for the scarves! :hug

Good Morning Ann, I was just thinking of you and wanted to wish you well tomorrow on your surgery.

Oh, I finally saw your banner - looks great.

Yes, I am crocheting scarves:lol It's almost time to start looking for those lightweight patterns. I think I'll stay away from the cotton ones though:rofl

Good Morning Ann, I was just thinking of you and wanted to wish you well tomorrow on your surgery.

Oh, I finally saw your banner - looks great.

Yes, I am crocheting scarves:lol It's almost time to start looking for those lightweight patterns. I think I'll stay away from the cotton ones though:rofl

Good Morning, Pat! Thanks for the well wishes! I'm trying to "tidy" things up around the house and get a couple of meals prepared for DH ahead of time. Trying to not be nervous, but it's not working,lol!

The banner is nice, isn't it!!!!

Yes, it is almost that time to make lighter scarves, although winter weight are welcome all year round too! And why not give the cotton ones another try! Come on, you can do it! :hook:lol:hug

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt? You're making cotton scarves already???? You're optimistic! We had a crazy hailstorm today: I was teaching in a classroom with big windows when it started suddenly. The students who were smoking outside ran in, shrieking, as they were getting pelted with hail. I had to laugh, it looked so funny.

Just came on to wish you the best of luck tomorrow, Ann. Fingers crossed, they'll go in and whip it out with the minimum of fuss and bother. :clover Looking forward to seeing you back on here, gallbladder-less, at the weekend :hug

wishing you a speedy recovery. I had mine out a few years back. after the first few days no big deal, i just have to kinda watch what I eat. (*hint stay away from fast food, and fatty stuff and eat very soft food the first few days. )

anyways I was looking through my stash and found a few fun colored yarns and they are screaming to be made into scarves. so i will be working on them this weekend. can you send me your addy, when you feel better?

Ann's surgery was accomplished without complications or surprises. We had a short visit Thursday night @7pm.... she was groggy from the meds and in some pain but this was expected. She was happy with the level of care she was getting. She was moved into a regular room before 11pm ( the delay was because they were waiting on others being discharged ). We expect her to be discharged some time today (Friday 3/13). She sends her regards and hopes to put in an appearance no-later-than tomorrow Saturday 3/14...... Andy

Ann's surgery was accomplished without complications or surprises. We had a short visit Thursday night @7pm.... she was groggy from the meds and in some pain but this was expected. She was happy with the level of care she was getting. She was moved into a regular room before 11pm ( the delay was because they were waiting on others being discharged ). We expect her to be discharged some time today (Friday 3/13). She sends her regards and hopes to put in an appearance no-later-than tomorrow Saturday 3/14...... Andy

Thank you, Andy, for letting us know. I'm so glad the surgery went well. I've been praying for her and thinking about her. Please give her a giant hug (don't squeeze too hard :lol) from me. Tell her to rest and not worry about talking to us. I'm so glad that she's ok. :yay

Thank you Andy, glad to hear all went well. Tell Ann we are all sending hugs and good wishes and to get a lot of rest. We look forward to talking to her as soon as she's up to it.

Glad to hear that all went well!! :hug

Hi Everyone!!!!! I'm home!!!!! :yay I'm also very drugged up. gotta love those pain meds!:lol I didn't get any crocheting done, they wouldn't let me keep any personal belongings with me, not even my glasses! I got a lot of sleeping in though,lol! Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers! I'll be back when I can make more sense, lol! :hug:hug:hug

Hi Everyone!!!!! I'm home!!!!! :yay I'm also very drugged up. gotta love those pain meds!:lol I didn't get any crocheting done, they wouldn't let me keep any personal belongings with me, not even my glasses! I got a lot of sleeping in though,lol! Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers! I'll be back when I can make more sense, lol! :hug:hug:hug

:hiHi Ann! Welcome home!!! :jumpyayGlad you're ok. I miss pain meds. :lol Just rest and feel better soon. :flower:hug

This is a beautiful project you have and I will be blessed to help. If you are still taking scarves I will add them to my on~going to make list and every time I have a few ready I will send them. Praise the Lord for such a caring and moving way to help people. I'll pm for the mailing addy when I've got some ready to mail. :)

This is a beautiful project you have and I will be blessed to help. If you are still taking scarves I will add them to my on~going to make list and every time I have a few ready I will send them. Praise the Lord for such a caring and moving way to help people. I'll pm for the mailing addy when I've got some ready to mail. :)

Hi Heart, welcome aboard. This is an ongoing project that Ann is doing so she is always accepting scarves and we are glad to have the help. If you go to the first post on this thread you can click on Ann's blog and get a little more info and the address to send the scarves to. Glad to have you join us.

Archived