Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

Ann, I've got a question. I've probably asked this before and you've probably answered but I can't remember. It must be the mad cow thing. :lol Anyway, does it matter what pattern we use for wristbands or should they be that one pattern you gave us before? I have a whole bag of simply soft leftovers and thought I could make some wristbands. But, since I'm easily bored, I thought I could try some other wristband patterns. Is that ok? :think

Sure, you can use other patterns! I just use that one because it's easy for me :lol! It's also a nice size. I hadn't really thought about getting into the larger/longer ones, you know what I mean ( I hope! LOL!) Can you tell I'm still confused from my time change thing this morning! :lol (note to others... my alarm clock automatically did the 1 hour time change and totally fouled up my day!):P

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hiHi Ann! I have another box ready to send. This one has 5 scarves and 5 wristbands. The pics are on my blog. I'll probably send them tomorrow. :yes

Hay, guess what? I just counted up my records and this makes 50 scarves that I've made so far!!!!!!:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay (I just had to share that.) :)

Sure, you can use other patterns! I just use that one because it's easy for me :lol! It's also a nice size. I hadn't really thought about getting into the larger/longer ones, you know what I mean ( I hope! LOL!) Can you tell I'm still confused from my time change thing this morning! :lol (note to others... my alarm clock automatically did the 1 hour time change and totally fouled up my day!):P

Both vcr's decided to " Fall Back " I went to record something at 1:30 and the vcr was reading 12:30,I had to go to the next room to check the clocks,yep they said 1:30,but it did throw me off a bit

Both vcr's decided to " Fall Back " I went to record something at 1:30 and the vcr was reading 12:30,I had to go to the next room to check the clocks,yep they said 1:30,but it did throw me off a bit

:lol I'm glad I'm not the only one! :lol

:hiHi Ann! I have another box ready to send. This one has 5 scarves and 5 wristbands. The pics are on my blog. I'll probably send them tomorrow. :yes

Hay, guess what? I just counted up my records and this makes 50 scarves that I've made so far!!!!!!:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay (I just had to share that.) :)

CONGRATULATIONS CHERRI!!!!! THAT'S AN AMAZING AMOUNT OF SCARVES FROM 1 PERSON! AND EVERYONE SINGLE ONE WAS BEAUTIFUL TOO! :hug:hug:hug THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!! :hug:hug:hug

Congrats Cherri. You do so much for everyone. Thanks for the welcome here and thanks Ann for the info and address. Cherri, I was looking at your blog and saw you did that Mile-A-Minute scarf in the dark colors. I just "tried" that pattern and was having a heck of a time with the end. I like how the pattern says "easy" and I didn't find it easy at all, did you?? Did you find the pattern confusing or was it just me. haha probably me since it took me forever to learn Krystal's daisy square. I just don't understand the end with all the 2 tr, ch 3, 2 tr. Any help would be appreciated.

Congrats Cherri. You do so much for everyone. Thanks for the welcome here and thanks Ann for the info and address. Cherri, I was looking at your blog and saw you did that Mile-A-Minute scarf in the dark colors. I just "tried" that pattern and was having a heck of a time with the end. I like how the pattern says "easy" and I didn't find it easy at all, did you?? Did you find the pattern confusing or was it just me. haha probably me since it took me forever to learn Krystal's daisy square. I just don't understand the end with all the 2 tr, ch 3, 2 tr. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, minnisoda! To try to answer your question, the ends of the first round consist of 3 v-stitches. So, in each end, do a (2trcl, ch3, 2trcl) 3 times. The first ch4 counts as the beginning of the first 2trcl. I hope that makes sense. :lol Also, I've just used a trc v-stitch (trc, ch3, trc) throughout the whole thing instead of the 2trcl. It looks just as nice. In fact, that's what I did on the last one.

I hope this makes sense. :yes If it doesn't let me know and I'll try again. :lol:hug

Thanks Cherri. After reading your explanation and looking closely at the pic in your blog I see how it makes sense. You're a sweetheart for helping out those of us in need!

(note to others... my alarm clock automatically did the 1 hour time change and totally fouled up my day!):P

That happened to me too, only my husband had to leave for the airport by 6:30 AM :eek

I actually just wanted to let you know to keep an eye out for a small box from me. I finally got my act together enough to mail the scarves!

What's getting to me is the fact that it's DARK by five p.m. all of a sudden. Sure, it's bright at 6 a.m. but I don't get to appreciate that, even if I am up at that time: I'd have to prop my eyelids open with matchsticks to notice :(

Finished another scarf last night and started another straightaway. Thank God I don't smoke: based on my crocheting habits, it's safe to guess I'd be a chain-smoker...

Thanks Cherri. After reading your explanation and looking closely at the pic in your blog I see how it makes sense. You're a sweetheart for helping out those of us in need!

Minnisoda, I realized that I told you the wrong thing. :eek And do you know when I thought of it? Right before I was about to fall asleep last night. I almost got up to post the right thing. :lol I think I'm insane. :rofl

Anyway, when I said that sometimes I just do a v-stitch of (trc, ch3, trc), I really meant to say (2trc, ch3, 2trc). Sorry about that. :(

There! I feel much better now!!!! :yes:lol:hug

LOL, I'm so glad that you wrote this and that Cherri gave some pointers. I had so much trouble with this pattern that I couldn't pick up a hook for 2 weeks after I tried it! :lol

That happened to me too, only my husband had to leave for the airport by 6:30 AM :eek

I actually just wanted to let you know to keep an eye out for a small box from me. I finally got my act together enough to mail the scarves!

Thank you, Alice! I'll let you know when it arrives. :hug

What's getting to me is the fact that it's DARK by five p.m. all of a sudden. Sure, it's bright at 6 a.m. but I don't get to appreciate that, even if I am up at that time: I'd have to prop my eyelids open with matchsticks to notice :(

Finished another scarf last night and started another straightaway. Thank God I don't smoke: based on my crocheting habits, it's safe to guess I'd be a chain-smoker...

I feel like I'm walking around like a zombie all day long, lol! Even the dogs seem to be effected :think. Now, of course, we change the clocks this weekend, so I'll be totally confused all over again! :lol

Is there such a thing as a chain-crocheter? :lol If there is then there are a lot of us! :lol

"Chain crocheter" that's an interesting concept. My first thought was someone that only crochets chains:lol. Since I finish one project and start the next and some I don't finish but start another I guess that falls under chain crocheter, so count me in.

"Chain crocheter" that's an interesting concept. My first thought was someone that only crochets chains:lol. Since I finish one project and start the next and some I don't finish but start another I guess that falls under chain crocheter, so count me in.

:rofl

I have two scarves done and I'm thinking of trying the mile a minute one everyone was talking about. I use to do mile a minute ghans all the time and thought they were so easy. I'll let you know how it goes.

I have two scarves done and I'm thinking of trying the mile a minute one everyone was talking about. I use to do mile a minute ghans all the time and thought they were so easy. I'll let you know how it goes.

:hug Thank you, Pat! Looking forward to hearing how you do with the MAM!

Archived