Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello my dear friends, I know that it has been quite a while since we have chatted.  I'm sure some of you are wondering if this project is still active.  The answer is a great big YES! Lol!  I want t

Yes, they are talking of more snow,bleh.  I guess winter is going to go out like a lion, lol.  I've never cared much for the heat when I've visited FL, but I wouldnt mind some of it right about now. 

Thank you so much.  I'll keep a look out.  You wouldn't believe it.  Now I'm battling kidney stones! It never stops!    Whatcha gonna do though, I just pick up my hooks and try to ignore the pain,   

Posted Images

Ann- I have a scarf to go out to you, but I was wondering, can I use a hand wash only yarn to make others? I bought some super soft yarn with you in mind, but I realized afterwards it was not machine washable.

Ann- I have a scarf to go out to you, but I was wondering, can I use a hand wash only yarn to make others? I bought some super soft yarn with you in mind, but I realized afterwards it was not machine washable.

Yes, hand wash only is fine, just please either include the washing instruction from the label or include a note so that I can attach a tag to the scarf when I package it up. Thank you so much! :hug

:hiHi Ann (and everybody), I have another box ready to send. There are only 6 in it but I really stuffed it. Since it's only the 4th, it looks like you'll get 2 boxes this month. :yes Anyway, the pics are on my blog (in my siggy). And, oh yeah, I stuffed the box and taped it before I wrote a note again. :lol I really have to stop doing that. :oops

Happy Happy Day Everybody!!!! :party:party:flower:dance:ghug

:hiHi Ann (and everybody), I have another box ready to send. There are only 6 in it but I really stuffed it. Since it's only the 4th, it looks like you'll get 2 boxes this month. :yes Anyway, the pics are on my blog (in my siggy). And, oh yeah, I stuffed the box and taped it before I wrote a note again. :lol I really have to stop doing that. :oops

Happy Happy Day Everybody!!!! :party:party:flower:dance:ghug

:lol Thank you Cherri! :hug. I'll be careful opening the box! I think I'd recognize the return address by now too, lol! You're a sweetie! :hug

Hi Ann, sorry if have been slow getting the box in the mail but it did go out today and it has 4 scarves in it. I may be slow mailing but at least I'm making scarves:lol.

Hi Ann, sorry if have been slow getting the box in the mail but it did go out today and it has 4 scarves in it. I may be slow mailing but at least I'm making scarves:lol.

Thank you so much Pat! :hug

Your scarves arrived today! Thank you so much!!! :yay

Good Morning Everyone!

Just thought I'd let you all know that I delivered 27 scarves and 7 wristbands to the crisis center for September! I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures this month. I wasn't feeling well, and totally forgot to take pics! :eek I want to thank everyone that sent in scarves though. They were absolutely beautiful! They were also needed, as once again, the supply was very low. I know that some are on the way now and I PROMISE to take pics this month! :lol:hug:hug:hug

Oh, I hope you feel better soon! :hug :hug :hug

I went to the LYS to buy some yarn to make my MIL a scarf for Xmas, and ended up leaving with a bag of very exciting fun fur-type yarn for our scarves! I haven't used it before but I couldn't resist - on special offer! DH found €20 yesterday in an old envelope as we were clearing out a cupboard. He gave it to me and told me to buy yarn to make scarves.

(Actually, he said, "I know I'm feeding your addiction but go on - buy some wool for scarves." Hahaha!)

Edited to add: there are ten scarves on their way to you now. I have four more done and am going strong...

Edited by Miss Crochet
See above
Oh, I hope you feel better soon! :hug :hug :hug

I went to the LYS to buy some yarn to make my MIL a scarf for Xmas, and ended up leaving with a bag of very exciting fun fur-type yarn for our scarves! I haven't used it before but I couldn't resist - on special offer! DH found €20 yesterday in an old envelope as we were clearing out a cupboard. He gave it to me and told me to buy yarn to make scarves.

(Actually, he said, "I know I'm feeding your addiction but go on - buy some wool for scarves." Hahaha!)

Edited to add: there are ten scarves on their way to you now. I have four more done and am going strong...

:hugLOL, Thank you, Olivia! And thank Mr Crochet too! :hug I love when DH tells me to buy yarn! He brought me to Walmart the other day. I said, "but if I go in the store I'm going to buy yarn!" He said " I know, that's why we're going!" :yay I love my DH!!!! Of course, I'm running out of room to keep it, :lol.

Isn't it wonderful when they do that. My DBF is the same way.

Ann, hope you are feeling much better soon.

Miss Crochet you are turning into a scarf factory :lol which is great. Let me know how you enjoy the fun fur, I personally cannot crochet with it. I just end up in knots so I'm curious how you like it. I've seen some very pretty scarves made with it so I know it's operator error.

Isn't it wonderful when they do that. My DBF is the same way.

Ann, hope you are feeling much better soon.

Miss Crochet you are turning into a scarf factory :lol which is great. Let me know how you enjoy the fun fur, I personally cannot crochet with it. I just end up in knots so I'm curious how you like it. I've seen some very pretty scarves made with it so I know it's operator error.

Gotta love it when the men tell us to buy yarn! :cheer

I hope to be feeling better soon. Thank you for your concern. :hug

I'm curious about how you make out with the fun fur too! I have a skein of it and I'm too chicken to do anything with it! :lol

Have a wonderful day everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got 8 done, and one more started. I'm mixing acrylics and fun and the effect is quite nice.. I hated novelty yarns but I'm going through a change of heart. I'll post some photos before I send them off :hook

I also finished a scarf, which DH calls the Shrek Scarf: it was a novelty yarn that is strips of apple green and furry black. The scarf is very funny and soft - maybe some child might like it.

I've got 8 done, and one more started. I'm mixing acrylics and fun and the effect is quite nice.. I hated novelty yarns but I'm going through a change of heart. I'll post some photos before I send them off :hook

I also finished a scarf, which DH calls the Shrek Scarf: it was a novelty yarn that is strips of apple green and furry black. The scarf is very funny and soft - maybe some child might like it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics! The Shrek Scarf sounds really cute! You just might give me the incentive to try the novelty yarns, but I'm such a chicken, lol!

Ann Your box & package are on the way to you now:cheer

got them mailed out on friday. I have the DC#'s if you need them. I have also posted a picture over on my blog:)

Thank you so much for letting my group do a challenge for you! I look forward to doing it again this upcoming year also:clap

I was looking over at the site and see that you are asking for different things now. is there one more than the other that you are in need of?

OMG, Sissie! I just checked out your blog and I'm in tears right now! Your group did an awesome job! Thank you all so much! :hug The scarves look just beautiful! And, you're going to be doing this again next year! :clap:clap:clap:hug:hug:hug

To answer your question about the items needed....scarves are always the most needed. I added the wristbands and lapsquares at the request of the counselors over the summer months. I'm told that wristbands are popular with the teen/younger survivors. The lapsquares are nice to have on hand for survivors that a scarf would be inappropriate for (choking victim, etc). Hope that answers your questions! Once again, a great big thank you for your help! :hug

Ann Your box & package are on the way to you now:cheer

got them mailed out on friday. I have the DC#'s if you need them. I have also posted a picture over on my blog:)

Thank you so much for letting my group do a challenge for you! I look forward to doing it again this upcoming year also:clap

I was looking over at the site and see that you are asking for different things now. is there one more than the other that you are in need of?

I have eight done, just about half-way through number nine. I know its time to head to the post office when the sofa can barely be seen through the scarves, haha. Today I finally got round to grabbing DH's camera and took some photos, but they're horrible, I'm afraid. You'd imagine that photographing a scarf shouldn't be that difficult- think again!

I want to do a big push this week to send another box on its merry way before I head home to Ireland for a week ( :clap ) at the beginning of November. I was feeling a little blue yesterday, so I bought some yarn: I had to start a new scarf to try out the yarn and it's turning out quite nicely. :)

Ann, I've got a question. I've probably asked this before and you've probably answered but I can't remember. It must be the mad cow thing. :lol Anyway, does it matter what pattern we use for wristbands or should they be that one pattern you gave us before? I have a whole bag of simply soft leftovers and thought I could make some wristbands. But, since I'm easily bored, I thought I could try some other wristband patterns. Is that ok? :think