Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

I'm soon to be off to deliver the hat to my friend that she paid me to make. I've posted pics of it here.

I finished all the leaves for mom's afghan so now I can get cracking on finishing up the remaining squares.

Have a great day everybody!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my list for the end of the week....again! I tried editing my last post but the website keeps locking up on me....

1. Circle to Square Afghan 20%

2. Fun Circles Bag 85%

3. Boboletta Cocoon Jacket 0% (changing yarn...)

4. Squares for Warm Up America 0%

5. Toddler blanket for niece 25%

6. Caron SS Open Capelet 10%

7. Learn to Knit!! 2%

Kim

I am seriously avoiding my mom's afghan this weekend. I'm not enjoying it and I've decided to practice my knitting a bit. My gauge is looking better! Yay!!! :cheer I figure I'll get a square or two finished this weekend on the afghan though.

Have a good one everybody!

Okay now I am getting some work done! I was visiting my friend this weekend--whom I'm making the lace shawl for--so I couldn't work on that, but I did bring one of the baby blankets and got a good start. It helps that I have decided on a pattern, too. No more frogging!

I still have a nasty cold, *bleh*, but have gotten alot done on the Clusters and Lace have used 3 skeins of yarn in 3 days. just got back from walmart with three more. Hope they get more of this color before I run out again. Yikes.

Also got some of the fringe on the Tiffany.

Thanks for the welcome, Relynn, nice to be here.

I did 6 rows on my blanket today. So close to being done! :D I also worked on my wristband today. I think I'm either going to have to line it with a dark color or use it as a bookmark because the light pink thread doesn't show the design against my wrist...

I should get my last skein of yarn in the mail today to finish the Fun Circles Bag. I think it's going to turn out really cute. I also finally got the right yarn for the Boboletta Sweater and started that this weekend!

Kim

Good morning everyone! I've spent alot of time in the house with this dang cold, so i have finished the body of the Clusters and Lace. Now the hard but interesting part, the border. We'll see how long that one takes...may take as long as the body did, but will be proud when it's done, I'm sure. Happy crocheting!

*achoo*

scuzee

Good morning everyone! I've spent alot of time in the house with this dang cold, so i have finished the body of the Clusters and Lace. Now the hard but interesting part, the border. We'll see how long that one takes...may take as long as the body did, but will be proud when it's done, I'm sure. Happy crocheting!

*achoo*

scuzee

LOL, Bless You! Post pics when you can...I'd love to see the finished afghan. I thought about making that one!

Kim

made a little progress this weekend! :cheeryay for me!!!

1. Alternating V-Shell lap-ghan: +/- 35%

2. Up-Down Stitch Afghan: +/- 20%

3. Baby Bib: 10%

4. 2 sets baby booties: 0% worked on these and realized not even the smallest of babies would be able to use them sooo say goodbye to the booties!!!

5. 2 baby hats: 0% I'm thinking these maybe in the same boat as the booties.....we will just have to wait and see!

6. Snowflakes (snowflake monday cal): 0/52

7. Beanie w/ earflaps for bf: DONE finished and felted....its a little big but it still works, earflaps are now more of neck warmers, both he and i got scared with the shinking and thought it would shrink too much, guess we thought wrong! oh well he still likes it, it didnt leave his head yesterday!

8. Giant Granny Square Afghan (CAL): 30% finished first skein of all four colors, it's getting somewhere

Time to post an update, I think:

1. Queen-size Ripple Afghan (commissioned project - deadline 3/26/08) - Ugh! I had to frog it. :( Not wide enough. 0% - starting this one over tonight

2. 20 Warm Up America sections - 2/20

3. Valentines projects - 3 heart motifs done, filet heart 70% done, small handbag 100%, Rows of Hearts Doily 0%, heart potholder & hotpad 0%, V'day baby dress & headband 95% (just need to sew on buttons and motifs)

4. City Girl Cap (for me :D) - 100% done

5. Through Any Window Baby Blanket - 25%

6. Actually take and post pix of FOs. I've been really bad about this, so I'm adding it to my list.

Well, I finished the Clusters and Lace. Had a couple snags on the border and had to rip out twice, but it's done with no mistakes! Wow! Now that I think of it, that took less than a week. I bought the yarn for it last Tuesday or Wednesday. So my being unable to sleep or go anywhere much has paid off. Okay, the afghan's done, the cold needs to be done, too. Please?

Will post pics soon.

Well, I finished the Clusters and Lace. Had a couple snags on the border and had to rip out twice, but it's done with no mistakes! Wow! Now that I think of it, that took less than a week. I bought the yarn for it last Tuesday or Wednesday. So my being unable to sleep or go anywhere much has paid off. Okay, the afghan's done, the cold needs to be done, too. Please?

Will post pics soon.

That worked up fast! Can't wait to see pics!

Kim

I've actually finished some stuff! lol The only pics I have are bad scans, but they'll do for now...

Here's two pics of the wrist band:

wristband1-small.jpg

wristband2-small.jpg

Like I said before, I'm going to have to line it or something so you can see the details while it's around my wrist.

And here's the hat I finished before but never got a pic of:

hatscan-small.jpg

It fits good and I'm planning to put it aside to give to a friend for a birthday present.

I've got more details on both on my blog.

And almost done on my blanket. It's so close I'm tempted just to cut the yarn and call it done, but I think it ought to have just a few more inches on it... So I'll keep at it and hopefully I'll be able to get a finished pic up soon. :D

Wow! The clusters and Lace went so quick, I'm thinking I have time to do another afghan before I start the girls' gifts. and i want to do another one piece while it's cold. So, thanks to the inspiration of BarbaraJean's Very Victorian Baby Blanket, I am starting the full sized afghan. I loved the border on the Clusters and Lace. and the Victorian has a beautiful and interesting border as well. It's another theme, oh no! Last year it was texture, now intricate borders. :eek Hope I don't get in a rut and stick to my goals :lol.

Accidentally deleted my list when editing siggy for stashbusting scores. I know what I have left in my wips, and I completed my January dues, (including patches and toys, and an additional 12 pouches) so I will make a new one.

1-pick me up ghan - 35%

2-baby ghan 10%

3-rug 20%

4-purse 0

5-shawl 0

Okay I haven't posted in awhile but I have been reading everyone's progress and you gals rock! :cheer I am finally done with my swap gifts that I can not show but I did start my sock monkey afghan and wanted to show what I have done so far. I also want to revamp my list.

• My Swap for this month - Done
  • #1 Pay it forward out of 6- Done 4 out of 6

• Rectangle Granny Afghan - for Hubby (50%) Haven't touched yet.
  • Sock Monkey Afghan - for my Nephews B-day (50%)

Added

• First felted purse for me
  • Daisy Afghan for my DD b-day in March
  • Ami Bunny's for Easter
  • And something Ami for another nephew b-day in Feb.

So her is some pics of my WIP sock monkey afghan. I'm hoping to make it about the size of a twin bed. I have almost finished all my solid squares. I have made all the middles to my different colored squres and have made all my monkeys. I sure wish I could spit out afghans as fast as you all. But I am slowly buy surely making progress. Hope you are all having a great day!

sock-monkey-afghan-004.jpg

Made some more progress last night on the Alt V-Shell lapghan, finished one more skein off.... (if i remember i'll post a pic, key word is remember!)

Quick question what's a good size for a lapghan?:think

I was simply going to use 3 rhss but I'm not sure that will be enough... I'm pretty sure (but still guessing) it's anywhere between 3'-4' wide prob. like 3'-6" any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Also making some progress on the Giant Granny I try to do at least one round every night before bed... it's getting harder to get that in as it gets bigger and bigger!

My Swap for this month - Done

• #1 Pay it forward out of 6- Done 4 out of 6
  • Rectangle Granny Afghan - for Hubby (50%) Haven't touched yet.
  • Sock Monkey Afghan - for my Nephews B-day (50%)

So her is some pics of my WIP sock monkey afghan. I'm hoping to make it about the size of a twin bed. I have almost finished all my solid squares. I have made all the middles to my different colored squres and have made all my monkeys. I sure wish I could spit out afghans as fast as you all. But I am slowly buy surely making progress. Hope you are all having a great day!

sock-monkey-afghan-004.jpg

Oh my goodness, that is just the cutest thing I've seen today!! I love it! The little monkey faces are adorable. Thanks so much for posting pics.:clap

If you don't mind me asking, what is 'pay it forward'? I'm familiar with the concept but didn't know I could get involved with it doing crochet. If possible, I would love more info!

Thanks,

Kim

Oh my goodness, that is just the cutest thing I've seen today!! I love it! The little monkey faces are adorable. Thanks so much for posting pics.:clap

If you don't mind me asking, what is 'pay it forward'? I'm familiar with the concept but didn't know I could get involved with it doing crochet. If possible, I would love more info!

Thanks,

Kim

Kim sure thing let me see if I can explain it right. It all started when someone said on their blog that they would Pay It Forward to (how many ever people) 3 people with homemade gifts within 365 days. To the first lets say 3 people who left them comments on their blog. So I left a comment on ChrisKad's blog and then I did the same thing but long story short my internet went down so nobody could see the comments I had and I had six. So I said I would pay it forward to all six if they would in turn pay it forward to three more people. You don't have to have a blog. I said they could do it however they wanted through the ville or online whatever. Just Pay It Forward to three people. Here was my post when I started it back in November. I only have two left now. I think it is really fun. You could just start up your own whenever and where ever you want. There are no real rules. I even saw someone do it here at the ville. Let me know if this made any sense. :sweat(sorry you probably knew how it worked. I just wanted to explain why I was doing 6 instead of 3 PIF.) :manyheart

Archived