Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

Wow again!:eek I'm so glad you found your camera! :photo All your stuff looks great! :yes I love all your color combos and you purse I can't wait to see done! Oh man if I had to choose a favorite it would be your great aunt's hat and scarf, wait no the purse blocks, no wait your cupcakes, oh dang I love them all! :manyheart Great work, I can't wait to see more! :hook

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm revising my list again!

1. Circle to Square Afghan 20%

2. Fun Circles Bag 95%

3. Boboletta Cocoon Jacket 75%

4. Squares for Warm Up America 0%

5. Caron SS Open Capelet 5%

6. Learn to Knit!

7. Elegant Shawl 0%

8. SNB Exchange Bag 0%

I removed the Toddler Blanket from my list because my niece informed me that her daughter probably wouldn't like it. :(

I finished crocheting the Fun Circle Bag, just need to get it sewn together and put in a lining. I'll post pics when it's all done!:yay

I am hoping to finish the Boboletta Jacket this weekend but if not, I'll definitely be done on Monday. I'm obsessed with it!! :manyheart

So as I get ready to cross those two items off my list, I've joined 2 more CAL's...February is going to be busy for sure.:crocheting

Kim

You do such great work, love the scarves and hats!

I especially like the granny squares for the purse, are they by chance vanna's choice colors? I swear just last week I bought those same exact colors for a giant granny square afghan, now I know for sure it will turn out absolutely gorgous! :hook

Those are all amazing! I really liked the scar for you MIL and the granny squares - thats going to be a really cute purse!

Where did you get the pattern for that scarf for your MIL? I have some really pretty teal yarn that would make a nice scarf like that one!

Wow, Jenna, you've been busy! They all look great! Thanks for sharing. :)

I'm revising my list since I'm dragging so badly on my mom's afghan and have signed up for the Kitchen Swap.

Done:

Winter sets for the kids

Doily for Grandma

Winter set for me

Commissioned Hat

WIPs:

Mom's Afghan - gettin' there - all the flowers and leaves are done, now I'm doing the rest of the square around them... 3 down and 17 more to go... ugh

Knitted Dishcloth 2 - just over 50% done :D

To Do:

Stuff for swap partner (not posting in case she sees this)

Dropped:

Afghan for best friend - still haven't heard anything from her about this... so I'm dropping it. I'll make it when I've got nothing else to do.

Step-dad's afghan - I haven't picked a pattern and I'm not pressed to get it done (I'm thinking maybe for father's day, but that's not set in stone).

Little Green Stars: Very lovely items, I especially like the use of the flowers with button centers. I love mixing mediums and textiles. They compliment each other so well...

Great Work, can't wait to see the finished purse...

You do such great work, love the scarves and hats!

I especially like the granny squares for the purse, are they by chance vanna's choice colors? I swear just last week I bought those same exact colors for a giant granny square afghan, now I know for sure it will turn out absolutely gorgous! :hook

Yes, as a matter of fact it is Vanna yarn! :yes I LOVE Vanna's Choice! Olive green and eggplant purple are my 2 favorite colors, it only made sense to put them together ;) I made a Pocket Scarf with the Olive & Purple, it's posted in the accessory section.

Those are all amazing! I really liked the scar for you MIL and the granny squares - thats going to be a really cute purse!

Where did you get the pattern for that scarf for your MIL? I have some really pretty teal yarn that would make a nice scarf like that one!

The pattern is just a shell pattern. I got it from a little booket called "Crochet Made Easy" that I bought at Walmart for under $3. It's a beginner booket that taught me how to crochet.

Here's a couple other things I whipped up last week-

Funky Ami Bunny

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/lgscreations/001-1.jpg

Amigurumi Pop-Tart

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/lgscreations/002-1.jpg

That pop tart is awesome! Did you make that up yourself or use a pattern? My little girls love pop tarts. It would be awesome to make some for their play kitchen. :lol

I came up with it myself. I had never seen one before and I was eating a bowl of bran cereal the other morning think about how much I'd rather be eating a pop-tart, and the idea was born! LOL!

I've been on a stricked eating regiment since new years, so no sugar = no pop-tart. :( But I can crochet them al I want! :lol

I came up with it myself. I had never seen one before and I was eating a bowl of bran cereal the other morning think about how much I'd rather be eating a pop-tart, and the idea was born! LOL!

I've been on a stricked eating regiment since new years, so no sugar = no pop-tart. :( But I can crochet them al I want! :lol

:lol You are so creative! That's an awesome reason for making one! Is it flat or 3D? Kinda hard to see from the pic.

:lol You are so creative! That's an awesome reason for making one! Is it flat or 3D? Kinda hard to see from the pic.

Thanks! It's kinda flat, like a real pop-tart! LOL! :lol

I just single crocheted a tan rectangle and then a smaller pink one. I used a needle and thread to sew them together.

Thanks! It's kinda flat, like a real pop-tart! LOL! :lol

I just single crocheted a tan rectangle and then a smaller pink one. I used a needle and thread to sew them together.

Thank you so much! I'm going to make a few for my kids once I'm done making kitchen stuff for my swap partner. :hook

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. I am hoping to finish my monkey afghan this weekend. I have finished the squares and now I need to put it all together.

I also have another revised list:

• 12 12"inch squares (for project rest assured) 0%
  • Hat for FIL 0%
  • Ami for newphew 0%
  • Hot pad for SIL 24%
  • Chicken hot for MIL 0%
  • Finish monkey afghan for newhew 90%
  • Finish hubby afghan 50%
  • Fishish 2 PIF 0%

I did a swap on another site with Lesalicious. It was a kitchen swap. I found all my pattern on CPP. I couldn't show it off but now I can. Have a great day! :cheer

swap-swap-001.jpg

Since I haven't had a chance to update in a while, I figured it was time to tell let everyone in on the progress I am making....or rather, the NON progress. Life has just been getting in the way and my "to-do" list doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I managed to get a few more rectangles done, both for the CAL here and just regular ones that I am taking to Minnesota with me in two weeks (YEAH!) I am almost done with the felted messenger bag. It is stitched, felted and dry, now I just have to put the finishing details on. Also, I think I am going to frog the "Snowy Pines" afghan. I am half done with it, but it is just SO heavy that already that I don't think it is going to be of any use if I did finish it. So that means I have to find something else to do with 9 skeins of dark blue Lion Chenille Thick & Quick.....I am thinking a whole bunch of scarves and hats...

I also have to add to the list the items that I need to make for my swap partner in the Kitchen swap. Can't wait to get started on those! I already have a bunch of ideas and hope to get started tonight!

Here is my 1st Quarter List:

Finish "Snowy Pines" afghan [50%] FROGGED!

"Midnight Brites" baby afghan [0%]

WUA CAL rectangles [9/50]

WUA non-CAL rectangles [10/20]

Helmet liners [1/2]

8-pocket tote for Mom [0%]

Baby Gift (hat/booties) [75%]

Felted tote bag [95%]

Kitchen swap items [0%]

Since I haven't had a chance to update in a while, I figured it was time to tell let everyone in on the progress I am making....or rather, the NON progress. Life has just been getting in the way and my "to-do" list doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I know just what you mean. I finally had to cut back on some of the projects I took on. Crocheting was becoming more work than fun. I had ideas of stuff I really wanted to do, but kept putting them on the back burner in order to fulfill other obligations.

I finally had to recognize the fact that I couldn't do everything, and learned to limit my obligations. I am finally starting to enjoy crocheting again...:manyheart:hook

I know just what you mean. I finally had to cut back on some of the projects I took on. Crocheting was becoming more work than fun. I had ideas of stuff I really wanted to do, but kept putting them on the back burner in order to fulfill other obligations.

I finally had to recognize the fact that I couldn't do everything, and learned to limit my obligations. I am finally starting to enjoy crocheting again...:manyheart:hook

Thank goodness you're enjoying it again! Crocheting should be a joy... not a toil. At least that's what I keep telling myself but then there is that darn afghan I'm making my mom... I swear, I'm never making one again that I don't like.

I've been working on kitchen stuff for my swap partner and I've been loving every minute of that. It's nice to have some joy back in my crocheting.

Oh, and I sold my first pattern last night! I'm so stoked about that. :cheerI'm selling my latest hat (La Belle Chapeau) in my new Etsy shop.

Have a great one everybody!

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I didn't get alot done in crochet this weekend, nor in anything else it seems. 17 rows on the Victorian as I was watchong the 2nd half of the SuperBowl, got bored with the Daisy bag I'm making for my neice (will work on it today while DS is doing school) and added more fringe to the Tiffany.

I get you about the not doing another afghan that you don't like, Relynn. The Tiffany and I don't get along. It is an advanced pattern that I tried to do and failed in college. Thought I could do it after 20 years. I got through the body of the thing, but wondered why I chose the pattern even then. Bleh. (hehe)

Got a pic taken today of my Fun Circles Bag! Here's the link to where I posted it in the Accessories Thread...

Kim

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1130582#post1130582

That is a very unique bag! I've never seen anything like it.

It looks great!

Yes, as a matter of fact it is Vanna yarn! :yes I LOVE Vanna's Choice! Olive green and eggplant purple are my 2 favorite colors, it only made sense to put them together ;) I made a Pocket Scarf with the Olive & Purple, it's posted in the accessory section.

I really like that scarf, I could use an extra place for my things so my hands arent so squeshed in my pockets! I'll have to keep that kinda scarf in mind if I ever get around to making myself a new one.

I'm also using the Vanna's choice silver blue, dusty blue, dusty green and olive in a granny square as well, blue is my favorite color so I started with that and when I realized I need two afghans the purples were the next best thing without using blues again!

Ok time for my monday update:

1. Alternating V-Shell lap-ghan: +/- 55% It's really getting there!

2. Up-Down Stitch Afghan: +/- 20%

3. Baby Bib: 75% almost done, haven't really been working on it so hopefully this week

4. 2 baby hats: 0%

5. Snowflakes (snowflake monday cal): 0/52

6. Giant Granny Square Afghan (CAL): 70% finished a few more skeins, but need to buy somemore no where near the size I want it to be

Seems I'm making slow but steady progress... but there are still so many things to be added to the list!

Archived