Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

Finished the slipper sox, and will now be alternating between the boucle shawl and the baby ghan. Still just making centers for it now. Need 100 squares, have 32 more centers to make and then onto the squares themselves.

Here is clickable pic. last pic is supposed to say "-in progress" but I lost the last word, :lolth_WIPprogress_1_1.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finished the slipper sox, and will now be alternating between the boucle shawl and the baby ghan. Still just making centers for it now. Need 100 squares, have 32 more centers to make and then onto the squares themselves.

Here is clickable pic. last pic is supposed to say "-in progress" but I lost the last word, :lolth_WIPprogress_1_1.jpg

:eek Wow that is a lot of squares. You look very organized! Your slippers look great! :clap

Thank you Kim, I finished all the centers to the baby ghan, and have made 10 of the squares. I want to get it and the boucle shawl done. Really eager to start on the shawl like you made.

Thank you Kim, I finished all the centers to the baby ghan, and have made 10 of the squares. I want to get it and the boucle shawl done. Really eager to start on the shawl like you made.

I was wondering if you had started the Country Cotton Shawl yet! It will be a nice break from all the squares you have been making.:yes

Kim

Here's my revised list for this week!

1. Circle to Square Afghan 20%

2. Squares for Warm Up America 100% FINISHED!:yay

3. Caron SS Open Capelet 5%

4. Next Gourmet Crochet Pattern....

5. Dog blanket for our new dog 30%

6. Secret Pal Swap items....

I'm pushing off learning to knit until next quarter...I've got my hands full now with too many other projects!

And I removed the white shawl because I liked the pattern, didn't like the yarn!

Kim

Up to 50 squares done, 50 left to do....Should be done by Weekend and then put them together and on to finish the boucle shawl. A few mini teddy bears and a new shawl will then be started. :yay

Updated list

Dad's afghan -100% complete

Chester's blanket - 97% complete, only have ends to weave in

Halebop's blanket - 75% complete

Hook case - 97% complete

Dolly Parton doll - 60% complete

Spike stitch bag - 85% complete

Mr Bean style bear - 10% complete

Sweet dreams baby blanket - 35% complete

NEW - Retro Babette - 20% complete

As I have nearly completed Chester's blanket I started anotherone for my self, based on the babette blanket and using the colours I bought for the retro circles throw, I am calling it retro babette.

Well, I finished the shawl for my friend's daughter with Breast Cancer and now I have to get moving on a ghan in pink and white. i seem to have a lot of pink stuff to make lately.

I am well underway in making another poncho for a replacement for the Christmas one I did. kids grow... who noo? :rofl

My Coronet ghan is also going back on the front burner... boy that is a pretty one.

ok, all signed in and ready to crochet now. :crochet

I have the back panel, the front panels, and most of one sleeve done of my MIL's birthday present done and I am and my local walmart is out of that shade of yarn. Will be in Altoona tomorrow and have to go through Johnstown, so should be able to find more. I have never had a problem with RHSS (well, the varigated I have:eek) matching, so hopefully will be okay.

In the meantime I have started my first RR for my neice's birthday in April. So far so good. And have made one of YarnCat's lovely hats for a cousin's wife who has breast cancer.

Man, I love crochet!!

Circles to squares afghan - 25% (I am weaving ends and sewing as I go)

Kitchen swap items - 86%

Baby's ABC Blanket - 55%

V/Shell stitch afgan - 0%

Baby Sweater: 0%

I need to pick out more patterns and idea!

My boyfriend and I decided for Valentines day that I would get him something for his newly built (by himself!) computer - possibly new spearker set - and he would take me yarn shopping :c9 (I did get dozen of beautiful red roses delivered to work too.)

Got the yarn for MIL's jacket. Have to do one more sleeve and put the thing together (the part I hate and reason I don't do fashion often :P). Have probably 60% of neice's rr done, but that's on hold now til the jacket is done. the pattern doesn't have pockets, should probably add some....

posted too soon, got the arm done tonight, watching Extreme Makeover- Home Edition.

I've been MIA for a little while due to exams at school (and spending my free time studying for them). I have gotten 4 squares done for the secret pal challenge... and I'm stopping there. I just need to edge one item for my Kitchen Swap partner and then that's all done, too. I've got a couple of items slated for my Secret Pal, so I've still got stuff to do. I want to add a shrug for myself to the list because my arms get cold in Yoga class, but I haven't decided on the pattern yet. I'm torn between the Spider Shrug by Robyn Chachula or Melissa Mall's English Garden Shrug. I love them both. :think

I've still got stuff to do. I want to add a shrug for myself to the list because my arms get cold in Yoga class, but I haven't decided on the pattern yet. I'm torn between the Spider Shrug by Robyn Chachula or Melissa Mall's English Garden Shrug. I love them both.

:think

Wow, both patterns are really nice!! Now I'm torn too......:lol

Kim

Here's my revised list for this week!

1. Circle to Square Afghan 20%

2. Squares for Warm Up America 100% FINISHED!

3. Gracelyn Wrap.... :yarn

4. Lisette Shawl.....:yarn

5. Dog blanket for our new dog 40%

6. Secret Pal Swap items....:yarn

I frogged the Caron SS Open Wrap for now...I loved the pattern but didn't like the color I was using. I'll start it again once I get another yarn.

Kim

I think it has been a productive weekend. The bf went to Atlantic City so I had some time to myself to crochet (and clean). I started working on the bubbles baby blanket, but I think I need a larger hook cause it was too heavy, so all that was frogged. But I did make some progress! Finishing the kitchen stuff was such a relief! :clap

Circles to squares afghan - 35% (I am weaving ends and sewing as I go)

Kitchen swap items - FINISHED!

Baby's ABC Blanket - 55%

V/Shell stitch afgan - 10%

Bubbles baby blanket - 0% frogged and starting over

Baby Sweater: 0%

Productive crochet day today, finished boucle shawl, sew parts onto amigurumi pouches, put together 16 more squares for the baby ghan, and made 1 and 1/2 memory bears.

A winter one with jacket, hat & scarf and started a honey bear.

Kim,

Did you see my Happy Bunny post in the Secret Pal Swap forum? It was a hilarious experience.

Sorry to veer off course everybody. :blush

No! I'll have to check it out! I'm having a hard time keeping up with the chat on that forum.:yes

Kim

Hey Kim! Can't wait to see you dog blanket. I really should do something for mine. Do you have a special doggy pattern?

I just do a double crochet blanket with 2 strands of yarn. It's quick and easy. I think I'm using a P hook. It's a great stress buster too because you don't have to follow a pattern!

Kim

Archived