Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

Need to change/update my list again.

There is no way I will get the sweet dreams baby blanket finished this quater, havn't worked on it for months so gonna put it onto next quaterts list and add another project in it's place.

Dad's afghan -100% complete

Chester's blanket - 97% complete, only have ends to weave in

Halebop's blanket - 75% complete

Hook case - 100% complete

Dolly Parton doll - 60% complete

Spike stitch bag - 100% complete

Mr Bean style bear - 10% complete

Card Club tote - 95% complete

NEW - Retro Babette - 20% complete

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Carol, your stuff looks great! I like the little brown purse with the flowers (lower row, left corner) and I love the pic in the middle on the lower row. Those floral squares are really pretty!! And I like everything else too but that's the ones that really caught my eye.:clap

Kim

Wow, Carol, your stuff looks great! I like the little brown purse with the flowers (lower row, left corner) and I love the pic in the middle on the lower row. Those floral squares are really pretty!! And I like everything else too but that's the ones that really caught my eye.:clap

Kim

That brown purse was from a pattern called Irish Roses, but I made it with the Grace cotton so the gauge was different and I had to cut down on the size and number of flowers on it.

The flowered squares were also from a pattern, but was supposed to be bulky yarn, I did it with baby yarn and increased the number of squares in order to make it big enough for a youth bed. I also crocheted the squares together instead of slip stitches.

:lol , you picked the professional patterns, and you are absolutely right they are eye catching patterns.

Thanks for your compliments.

Another updated list

Dad's afghan -100% complete

Chester's blanket - 100% complete

Halebop's blanket - 100% complete

Hook case - 100% complete

Dolly Parton doll - 60% complete

Spike stitch bag - 100% complete

Mr Bean style bear - 10% complete

Card Club tote - 100% complete

PDSA Pet Blanket - 70% complete

Next on the list to complete is Halebop's blanket, only a few ends to weave in and a few rows on the border.

Finshed Halebop's blanket

Items completed since January.

Light and Lacy afghan ~ Blue Ridge ~ Completed

Prayer Shawl ~ Deflth Blue ~ Completed

Hat ~ Deflth Blue and Black ~ Completed

Beanie for hubby ~ Deflth Blue and Black ~ Completed

Baby Blanket ~ white, light yellow & mint ~ Completed

Hat for Daughter ~ Pretty 'n Pink & Black ~ Completed

Hat for self ~ Pretty 'n Pink & Black ~ Completed

Beanie for Son ~ Bright Yellow & Black ~ Completed

Items in the works.

Hat for self ~ Bright Yellow & Black ~ 10%

Triangle Shawl ~ Lavendar ~

Granny Square Afghan ~ White, Counrty Rose, Light Sage ~ 3/70 blocks

Prayer Shawl ~ Lavendar ~ 5%

Have a great week.

Blessings,

Lynn

Ok - here's my freshly updated list

Baby's ABC Blanket - 100% FINISHED!!! :cheer:yay:cheer I am so happy!!!

Ava's blanket - 100% finished. I was going to make it bigger, but I think she is pretty happy the way it is now so I am just going to leave it.

V/Shell stitch afghan - 10%

V stitch baby blanket - 40%

Blue Mesh Afghan (to replace circles to squares) – 10%

I have also started making a hook case and then I want to make a little bag for a friend, and my eye glasses case too. I am feeling great about my first quarter's progress.

Now I am on the lookout for something totally adorable for a good friend who is pregnant - something other than a baby blanket (I am going to make another ABC Blanket for her). She's due in July so something that would be appropriate for the summer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Krazy-Kitty, I noticed the HaleBop in your post and it caught my eye because that is what we call my granddaughter Haley

I've been thinking of joining in here... but not sure as most of what I make goes to charity

Elaines.. are you looking for something for your friend or the baby... if it is for your friend and she is going to be nursing the baby might I suggest a light weight shawl which she can use for privacy when nursing... My niece had a baby 2 months ago and she thanks me everytime she sees me for the one I made her.. she keeps it in the diaperbag and when she has to nurse and there are people around she uses it.. I made it out of sport weight yarn and basically just an alternating 2dc... 2sc stitch with the dc in the sc on the next row,,,

Really pretty ABC ghan. And you have all the letters, too. I have a pattern for one similar to this done in filet crochet, and it is missing some of the letters.

elaines630--your ABC blanket looks terrific! Inspiring me to get mine done--hopefully by the end of the month!

True Confessions: I just got my Ravelry invite :cheerso I haven't been to Crochetville in 3 days :angry and oddly enough haven't gotten much actual crocheting done either :lol ! I might manage a row or two tonight though.

I am making a new plan for the shawl I was making for a friend. In fact I am making a new plan for that friend. Her husband was sent to Iraq and I wanted to make her a gift. I bought the yarn to make her a shawl, but I am not getting too far with it!

Her favorite color is purple, and I was thinking that I would send her one purple item--made by me!--a month until he gets back. Now I need to finish at least one purple project this month, but setting of goal of one item a month will keep me focussed--I know I keep putting off the shawl, but I have other purple yarn and could certainly make her a scarf or market bag or pot holder...

Ugh... I have gotten absolutely nothing done this week (I know, it's only Tuesday). I've got midterms going on right now and I have barely had time to sit still without having my nose planted in a textbook or notebook. Luckily Spring Break is next week so I'll have some free time, finally! I hope to report some progress soon. Keep up all the great work everybody! I'm still cheering for you all. :cheer

Ugh... I have gotten absolutely nothing done this week (I know, it's only Tuesday). I've got midterms going on right now and I have barely had time to sit still without having my nose planted in a textbook or notebook. Luckily Spring Break is next week so I'll have some free time, finally! I hope to report some progress soon. Keep up all the great work everybody! I'm still cheering for you all. :cheer

Hope midterms go well!! :yes

Kim

well, I sure am glad this quarter is over, cause I am stymied! Can't decide what to make and have a stash now that fils a hamper! Have started two three and frogged them. Have to frog some of my BIL's cause I lost a stitch somewhere, but am so unispired by that pattern. Fortunately I have ordered 4 new pattern books. Please come soon, I am going bonkers!!

Carol, your work looks great and love the collage!

Carol, your work looks great and love the collage!

Thank you, I just got tired of loading tons of pics. My camera has this software with the option of making album pages. And now that is what I use instead of lots of individual pics. Saves space and time, as well as ink and paper when I print them up for my album.

I know how you feel waiting for things we really want in the mail. Someone has just got to invent a transporter (like in star trek), what fun we could have with that. But then with everyone doing it, we might wind up with yarn that has other stuff mixed in it. :yuck.

Thanks, with all your cheering I am going to be crocheting myself into a ball. Yesterday DD called and I got my crochet yarn tangled in the phone wire, :lol. I think my hook is becoming a permanent fixture in my hand. Made Chicken Stew and nearly stirred it with the hook, ;) .

I've had times when I can't get to it and find myself going through something like withdrawal symptoms. :(:D:lol;)

But seriously, your studying is more important, and I am rooting for you to accomplish everything.:cheer

Good Luck :clap I feel your pain, I've got finals next week, the only time I've been able to pick up a hook recently is on my train ride into class!!! and I only have cotton with me to make dishcloths and other small things, I'm longing to work on my afghans!!!!!! :blush but my break between winter and spring terms is almost here! So hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel and a crochet hook with yarn!!! ;)

I know how you feel waiting for things we really want in the mail. Someone has just got to invent a transporter (like in star trek), what fun we could have with that. But then with everyone doing it, we might wind up with yarn that has other stuff mixed in it. :yuck.

:lol That's a very good point! But a transporter would be very cool. :yes

Kim

My revised list for this week and what I'll be working on the rest of the quarter...yeah, right! ;)

1. Hiawatha Poncho...15% (my second one!):clap

2. Pamelyn shrug...hoped to have more done (hope counts, right?):lol

3. Blythe Shawl....5% :hook

4. Tie-Front Sweater...Picked out yarn!:yes

5. Circle to Square Afghan...20% (I'll get back to it...one day!):blush

Kim

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my ABC Blanket! I'll be making another one in the second quarter!

Shelly - thats a great idea to make a shawl for nursing! I'll have to find out first if she is going to nurse or just use a bottle though.

Relynn and Missie - I hope your midterms/finals go well! Good Luck!!!!

I am actually crocheting at work under my desk... its a very quiet day and everyone seems to be staying in their offices. The way my office is situated, I can hear anyone coming down the hall (and usually who it is by the way that they walk!). So I will be finishing up the border on my purple V-Stitch baby blanket.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! All my tests are over now, thankfully, but DH still has one more this evening. I've got two classes tomorrow and then my Spring Break officially begins. Yay! :clap

I have some updates and my list for the first quarter is winding down.

Baby's ABC Blanket - 100% Finished

V-Stitch Baby Blanket - 100% Finished

V/Shell Stitch Afghan – 10%

Blue Mesh Afghan – 10%

Lacy Shells Baby Blanket – 90% I just have to do the very last row and then the border!

I have already list started for the second quarter! I’m really looking forward to starting new projects. :D Maybe next quarter I can stick to my list a bit better – ah, who am I kidding! :lol But this really has helped me!:yay

Items completed since January.

Light and Lacy afghan ~ Blue Ridge ~ Completed

Prayer Shawl ~ Deflth Blue ~ Completed

Hat ~ Deflth Blue and Black ~ Completed

Beanie for hubby ~ Deflth Blue and Black ~ Completed

Baby Blanket ~ white, light yellow & mint ~ Completed

Hat for Daughter ~ Pretty 'n Pink & Black ~ Completed

Hat for self ~ Pretty 'n Pink & Black ~ Completed

Beanie for Son ~ Bright Yellow & Black ~ Completed

Hat for Self ~ Bright Yellow & Black ~ Completed

Items in the works.

Triangle Shawl ~ Lavendar ~ 20%