Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

Kim sure thing let me see if I can explain it right. It all started when someone said on their blog that they would Pay It Forward to (how many ever people) 3 people with homemade gifts within 365 days. To the first lets say 3 people who left them comments on their blog. So I left a comment on ChrisKad's blog and then I did the same thing but long story short my internet went down so nobody could see the comments I had and I had six. So I said I would pay it forward to all six if they would in turn pay it forward to three more people. You don't have to have a blog. I said they could do it however they wanted through the ville or online whatever. Just Pay It Forward to three people. Here was my post when I started it back in November. I only have two left now. I think it is really fun. You could just start up your own whenever and where ever you want. There are no real rules. I even saw someone do it here at the ville. Let me know if this made any sense. :sweat(sorry you probably knew how it worked. I just wanted to explain why I was doing 6 instead of 3 PIF.) :manyheart

Thank you! I appreciate you explaining it to me. I had seen it on the 'ville in other posts but was never quite sure how it worked. It sounds like fun!

Kim

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my revised list for the week!

1. Circle to Square Afghan 20%

2. Fun Circles Bag 85%

3. Boboletta Cocoon Jacket 25%

4. Squares for Warm Up America 0%

5. Toddler blanket for niece 25%

6. Caron SS Open Capelet 5%

7. Learn to Knit!

I will be finished the Fun Circles Bag by the end of the week and may have the Boboletta Jacket done by the weekend!:yay

Next week I will be putting my focus on my charity squares so I can get them mailed out soon.:crocheting

I'm still hopeful that I will sit down and really learn to knit but I may have to ut that off til next quarter.....:think

Kim

Ashley - Those monkeys are adorable. Great work!

Susan - I commented in the show and tell, but I've got to say it again... that is a stunning blanket.

Kim - I can't wait to see what you get done. Just work on casting on and knit up a garter stitch dishcloth. You get three for one practice out of that... casting on, knitting and binding off. I really like the long tail cast on since it gives you the first knitted row right off. I did that this week... took me like an hour or two and it got my tension pretty even. It ended up really small (4 - 5 inches square) so I gave it to my 3 yo DD and she pretends to wash her dishes in her play kitchen. Now I'm doing a diagonal one with garter and stockinette stitch ridges. It's almost halfway done and I'm really comfortable with knitting, purling and increasing now. Next is decreasing! :D

I finished my Light and Lacy afghan the other night. I'll have to take a picture of it to show you all the finished item. I'll need to pick up yarn for the shawl projects.

Have a great week.

Lynn

Kim - I can't wait to see what you get done. Just work on casting on and knit up a garter stitch dishcloth. You get three for one practice out of that... casting on, knitting and binding off. I really like the long tail cast on since it gives you the first knitted row right off. I did that this week... took me like an hour or two and it got my tension pretty even. It ended up really small (4 - 5 inches square) so I gave it to my 3 yo DD and she pretends to wash her dishes in her play kitchen. Now I'm doing a diagonal one with garter and stockinette stitch ridges. It's almost halfway done and I'm really comfortable with knitting, purling and increasing now. Next is decreasing! :D

I'm glad you're getting it! :clap Knitting is fun once you get used to it. (plus, unless you drop a stitch off a needle, you can always find your stitches. Great for in class yarn work - knitting away and still be able to pay attention ;))

Thanks for the encouragement on the knitting! My husband got me a small knitting machine from Joanns for Xmas and it's fun to use but I thought I would really like to actually learn to knit also. We are going to have a bad weather day on Friday and I think I'm going to designate that my 'learn to knit' day!

Kim

Ashley - those monkeys are so cute! Did you by chance get that from the stitch nbitch book? I think thats where I have seen something like that! Very cute!

Susan - I know other people have said it, but I cant believe it only took you a week!! Its gorgeous!

My Updates

ABC Blanket - Just about at the halfway point! Exciting! Its so much fun to work on!

8 Pocket Tote is FINISHED!! Its my first FO of the year! :jumpyay

Heather the Hippo I've decided to frog. I am going to use the sugar 'n cream yarn to make some bibs or baby wash cloths or something else.

Purple/White Striped Baby Blanket About 25% complete. I'm trying to work on it a little bit every day.

Pet Blanket No progress made at all lately.

Ava's Blanket 10%

Circles to Squares I have bought the yarn - will probably start this weekend.. maybe still sitting in the basket.

Happy hooking everyone! :hook

Trying to get a jump on February. Just finished two 8" squares for others, and started playing with the leftover boucle from the lapghan I made for a neighbor. Making a triangle shawl, nothing fancy, just chains and single crochets, no special pattern. I figure the colors in the boucle are enough of a design.

Everyone's work is so nice. I have 26" of my boucle shawl done. That's a little less than half. Using single strand with a size 00 steel hook so it is slow, but I love working with boucle and steel hooks make things go so smoothly. Want to finish off this boucle before I go to the cotton shawl. Trying to use up a lot of leftovers, but also trying to steer clear of grannies for now. I always seem to have too many one of a kind skeins or balls to get rid of. I swear they just creep in here during the night, cause I never remember having this much. Anyway, have been able to get my balls down from a large plastic comforter case to a small table cloth case. (I save the zippered or snapped plastic cases from new linens to reuse for leftover yarn and small skeins, keeps them clean and organized). I figure by the end of this month I will be able to buy some new yarn...:yay...

Ashley, I can't wait to see that ghan finished. It will be so far beyond cute for the little guy.

Sorry, been really busy getting things done and forgot to check in here. <my bad> :wlol

Thanks gals for the nice compliments. I have finished making all the squares :clap and now I am putting on a round of hdc in grey around them all before I put them together. Oh and put the monkeys:monkey on and then I am done. This will be my first time putting squares together and putting things like monkeys onto squares. So do you ladies have any advice? :think

Hope all of your projects are doing well.:hook

So far I've completed these off my list:

-Hat & Scarf set for my Great Aunt

-Hat & Scarf set for my MIL

-Amigurumi Cupcake for my DD

I've also completed these, that were not on my list:

-Pink Camo Scarf for myself (to match a hat I had made)

-Wrist Warmers

-3 additional amigurumi cupcakes

-Amigurumi Pop-Tart

-Amigurumi ice cream cone

-Amigurumi bunny

-Amigurumi owlet

And the granny square blanket for my mom has turned in to a granny square purse for myself. She changed her mind about it.

So I need to adjust my siggy and remove ones that are finished and add:

-Daisy Garden baby afghan for my prego cousin

-Amigurumi Hamberger

-Martha "Coming Home" Poncho

-Sushi scarf

I need to do better about staying on track! LOL! I just keep finding awesome patterns and can't wait to try them ;)

Wow:eek that is quite a list. Got any pics to show off? Happy hooking! :hook

I lost my digital camera :(

So now I have a disosable camera and I have to fill it up so I can have it developed and put on a CD so I post pics. As soon as I fill it up I will have all kinds of pics to post! :D

Hopefully my digital will pop up from somewhere!

Archived