Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

I haven't been around much, life seems to be sneaking up on me, So I'm not really adding anything new, well I did add 2 scarves for myself my current one had seen better days. And I did two other scaves for some friends. I haven't touched the granny squares I need a break from them so other than that I need to find some other small project to work on on my train rides to class..... hmm I think some fat bottomed bags for xmas presents since the trial went sooo well!

1. Up-Down Stitch Afghan: +/- 25% made a little progress, my new when there's nothing to do project!

2. Giant Granny Square Afghan (CAL): 70%

3. Giant Granny Square Afghan #2 (CAL): +/- 10%

4. 1 Skein Scarf: DONE

5. 2 Scarves for me: DONE and DONE

6. Scarf for a friend: DONE

7. Trial Fat Bottom Bag: just needs lining and handles and it's done

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't sleep last night, up at 2:30am, so started crocheting, put together more squares, made another teddy and clothes for one of them, started cotton shawl and a cap to match a scarf I had, went through my scrap balls and did up a ton of donuts (called granny daughters here) and browsed through patterns to find a bag to make to match the cotton shawl.

Edited list:

1-pick me up ghan - 35%scratched

2-baby ghan 75%

3-rug done

4-purse made 3 ami pouches

5-shawl done

6- 10 mini teddies and clothes 3 done

7- cotton shawl 9 rows done

Need to edit siggy and eliminate the done items.

How do you like that cotton shawl pattern so far?

Kim

I love it....unfortunately I mis counted my grace yarn, I only had 5 in champagne, the other 3 are taupe. So I am using another cotton until I can find more grace in the champagne color and then I will make another since it is such a fast and nice pattern.

I really should have finished the baby ghan first, because I hate putting the shawl down to work on my other WIPs, :blush.

I love it....unfortunately I mis counted my grace yarn, I only had 5 in champagne, the other 3 are taupe. So I am using another cotton until I can find more grace in the champagne color and then I will make another since it is such a fast and nice pattern.

I really should have finished the baby ghan first, because I hate putting the shawl down to work on my other WIPs, :blush.

I found that shawl pattern very addictive! Hope you get more Grace yarn soon. Can't wait to see it in the other cotton!:clap

Kim

My updates and final list of the quarter (as far as changing the items! I'm still going to keep up with the progress!). I am trying to make sure that these projects are finished before working on something else. BUT I did just have an idea for a scarf that I think I may work in at some point, but they work up fast enough.

Circles to squares afghan - 35% (I am weaving ends and sewing as I go)

Baby's ABC Blanket - 55%

V/Shell stitch afgan - 10%

V stitch baby blanket - 10%

Ava's blanket - 20%

It wasnt on my list, but I finished up a felted knitting bag. You can see it on my ravelry page

It was my first felted project and I really enjoyed watching it as it changed. Actually all of my projects, except for the V Shell Stitch Afghan, is on my ravelry page. That one will be on there soon!

I think I am finally happy with my list! I keep frogging and removing items, but I think this list will stick! I have some other small items like a hook case, glasses case, fingerless gloves (my hands get cold when I crochet sometimes) and then I am going to venture into the knitting world! :eek

Just stopped to say hi and check how everyone is doing. Up to row 28 on cotton shawl and have 50 squares put together, only 50 more to go, :whew. Then I can clean off desk, and concentrate on a purse and my teddies.

Here's a picture of our 2 yr old English Mastiff and her new crocheted blanket. I think she really likes it. I laid it on top of her big dog bed. I'm so glad it's finished.... blankets take forever!

UNAwithblanket001.jpg

Kim

And here I am yet again, with my revised list for this week!

1. Circle to Square Afghan 20%

2. Squares for Warm Up America 100% FINISHED!

3. Gracelyn Wrap....

4. Lisette Shawl.....5%

5. Dog blanket for our new dog 100% FINISHED!

6. Secret Pal Swap items....

Kim

That's really cute!! Where can I get the pattern?

Kim

Here's the pattern: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71306

It is awesome! Seriously! I'm shocked that Amy is offering it for free.

Here's a picture of our 2 yr old English Mastiff and her new crocheted blanket. I think she really likes it. I laid it on top of her big dog bed. I'm so glad it's finished.... blankets take forever!

Kim

Awww.. what a great big slobber bucket! She's so cute! My DH wants one of those, but I refuse to have a big dog right now... my poor cat would have a heart attack. The blanket looks great! I completely share your sentiment about blankets. I really get bored with them, even if they have interesting stitches.

Just stopped to say hi and check how everyone is doing. Up to row 28 on cotton shawl and have 50 squares put together, only 50 more to go, :whew. Then I can clean off desk, and concentrate on a purse and my teddies.

Hey, Carol! I'm doing pretty good. I've not got a single crochet item worked on today, but I did dream up, draft, and make sewing patterns for two jumper dresses for my 2 DDs. I've got a modest stash of fabric that I bought about 10 years ago with the intentions of making clothing for myself, but now I know I'll never wear those colors! So, the girls are getting little toddler dresses and whatever else I can dream up (maybe some skirts and tops) out of it.

I'm just shocked I designed a sewing pattern. :eek Creative impulses tend to make me compulsive... I couldn't stop until I had the patterns made and ready to be pinned to fabric. lol

You are really coming along on your projects. You've gotten a lot done! :clap

Clean off your desk?!?!? Man, if I did that I'd lose all my creative ideas I get when I fumble through piles and come across yarn, and magazines, and notepads, and doodles, and patterns all because I'm looking for a bill. :lol Nope... can't do that. :no

Hope you and everyone else are doing well and have a wonderful weekend! :hug

Hey, Carol! I'm doing pretty good. I've not got a single crochet item worked on today, but I did dream up, draft, and make sewing patterns for two jumper dresses for my 2 DDs. I've got a modest stash of fabric that I bought about 10 years ago with the intentions of making clothing for myself, but now I know I'll never wear those colors! So, the girls are getting little toddler dresses and whatever else I can dream up (maybe some skirts and tops) out of it.

I'm just shocked I designed a sewing pattern. :eek Creative impulses tend to make me compulsive... I couldn't stop until I had the patterns made and ready to be pinned to fabric. lol

You are really coming along on your projects. You've gotten a lot done! :clap

Clean off your desk?!?!? Man, if I did that I'd lose all my creative ideas I get when I fumble through piles and come across yarn, and magazines, and notepads, and doodles, and patterns all because I'm looking for a bill. :lol Nope... can't do that. :no

Hope you and everyone else are doing well and have a wonderful weekend! :hug

:lol I have to clean it at least once a month, it is the only work space I have. I use it for crocheting, cutting and pinning sewing patterns and paying bills. I have a big pad on it that I scribble notes on, for crochet and sewing, and once a month I peel off the top page, cut out the things I want to keep and throw the page away.

Up to 70 squares joined and row 31 on the shawl. Spent some time this AM sorting my donuts into 4 gallon baggies for the next 4 granny afghans I plan to make this year. After a short granny break :D of course. Hope you and everyone have a good weekend too. :manyheart

UNAwithblanket001.jpg

Kim

Awww, so sweet.....

I love the doggie pic. totally wow

and I have finally, finally, finally, finally, finally, finished my gingerbread house. I was beginning to think that I would never get that one done.

Still more stuff sitting here but at least one is completed. :sigh

Hope everybody has had a great weekend!

I've gotten a couple of squares made for a charity ghan that CDBear is making. Other than that, I've not done much crocheting this weekend.

I'm debating what to work on next and it's driving me crazy. :lol I just got a shipment of beautiful fingering weight wool yarn that I'm just dying to play with. It's 2200 yards so I'm hoping to do some sort of wrap sweater or shrug and maybe a shawl out of it. Suggestions? I'm a kind of tiny woman so it should be enough for me to make two things if they are kind of lacy. I'm not afraid of challenging patterns either. Actually, I'd love a challenge right about now. lol

Hope everybody has had a great weekend!

I've gotten a couple of squares made for a charity ghan that CDBear is making. Other than that, I've not done much crocheting this weekend.

I'm debating what to work on next and it's driving me crazy. :lol I just got a shipment of beautiful fingering weight wool yarn that I'm just dying to play with. It's 2200 yards so I'm hoping to do some sort of wrap sweater or shrug and maybe a shawl out of it. Suggestions? I'm a kind of tiny woman so it should be enough for me to make two things if they are kind of lacy. I'm not afraid of challenging patterns either. Actually, I'd love a challenge right about now. lol

Have you looked at the Gourmet Crochet patterns ? Most of them take about 1500 yds for a size small/medium. Their intermediate to advanced.

I love them!

Kim

:yay:cheerYay Kim, very nice doggie blanket (nice dog, too)! And that didn't take that long :eek.

I think I've decided not to make my doggie one. I have an afghan that I made 15 years ago that is too bally (can't think of another word) to use on our bed anymore but no holes and still nice otherwise. Plus any time it has fallen on the floor she's been on it anyway :lol. So now it's hers.

Update: MIL's coat is done except I decided that it is too heavy not to have closures and pockets. Her birthday is Saturday, so guess what I'll be doing this week. Neice's rr is 3 rows short of done.

Have you looked at the Gourmet Crochet patterns ? Most of them take about 1500 yds for a size small/medium. Their intermediate to advanced.

I love them!

Kim

I haven't tried Gourmet Crochet patterns yet. Do they work up well?

:yay:cheerYay Kim, very nice doggie blanket (nice dog, too)! And that didn't take that long :eek.

I think I've decided not to make my doggie one. I have an afghan that I made 15 years ago that is too bally (can't think of another word) to use on our bed anymore but no holes and still nice otherwise. Plus any time it has fallen on the floor she's been on it anyway :lol. So now it's hers.

Update: MIL's coat is done except I decided that it is too heavy not to have closures and pockets. Her birthday is Saturday, so guess what I'll be doing this week. Neice's rr is 3 rows short of done.

Yay, Susan! You're almost done with your list! Way to go! :cheer

I haven't tried Gourmet Crochet patterns yet. Do they work up well?

Well, funny you should ask that since I have been trying to start a Gourmet Crochet CAL for about a week now! LOL They do work up well and the results are very professional. Carolyn Christmas is always willing to answer any questions you might have about a pattern. I've been hooked on them since I made the Boboletta Cocoon Sweater!

Kim

Archived