Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

Wow, the pictures look great! I really like the pattern on the Fun Circles Bag. And the cupcakes and the pop tart are making me hungry!

I have made some progress--I finished my nephew's hat, but I forgot to take a picture. I am almost finished with my first baby blanket--using Vanna's yarn, I just bought some more this weekend for the other baby blanket and the scarf I'm going to make. I really like working with that yarn!

I may be taking my son's hat off my list. He doesn't seem that interested in it now as he was a few weeks ago--he hasn't asked about it at all. And we have plenty of hats available anyway! I will have to add another baby blanket--another one is on the way at work.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got tired of the boucle shawl and same stitch over and over, passed the halfway mark.

Needed to put it down for awhile, and switched back to the rug :yuck. Only have 13 more motifs and 1 strip to do. I would say I passed the halfway point on that too!!!

Have some chores to do this am, but should do a lot more tonight.

I'm revising my list again!

1. Circle to Square Afghan 20%

2. Squares for Warm Up America 0%

3. Caron SS Open Capelet 5%

4. White Shawl 0%

5. Next Gourmet Crochet Pattern....?

6. Learn to Knit!

I finished my Boboletta Jacket today! It was a fun pattern and easier to do than I thought. It was fun to do a pattern that was challenging but didn't totally hurt my brain....:cheer

I had considered joining a couple of CAL's last week but reconsidered and they are no longer on my list!

Kim

Got tired of the boucle shawl and same stitch over and over, passed the halfway mark.

Needed to put it down for awhile, and switched back to the rug :yuck. Only have 13 more motifs and 1 strip to do. I would say I passed the halfway point on that too!!!

Have some chores to do this am, but should do a lot more tonight.

You need to find something fun to make inbetween those big projects!:hug

Kim

You need to find something fun to make inbetween those big projects!:hug

Kim

You are absolutely right!!! But I have to finish these first, because if I don't, I would only do the fun ones and nothing else, ;). I used to do a lot of sewing, and I think I have to alternate between the 2 hobbies. All crochet is making me grumpy. I just got in some quilt squares I wanted to use to make a duvat(sp?) for Married grand daughter. And promised little grand daughter to make some more doll clothes. So as soon as rug is done I am going to break out the doll patterns (sewing) and get to work.

It will give me the intermission I need.

Thank you for caring :manyheart

Haven't checked in for a while but am making progress on the list!:clap Finished the sweater and purse. Added the afghan for DH and its 80%done thanks to Homespun and a Q hook! Had to do a couple of unplanned things along the way. A hat and One Skein Scarf and a baby hat and booties.

You guys are doing so great! I'm proud of each and every one of you. Keep it up and you'll get all of your ufo's to turn into fo's. It's a beautiful thing!

I agreed to test a handbag pattern for another 'viller and decided to do that while I'm waiting for yarn to arrive (it's going to be here tomorrow) from knitting-warehouse.com. I ordered some to make kitchen stuff for my swap partner. I finished the main body of the purse, just need to stitch it together, crochet on the handles then line it (I may add a zipper, too, as I like to be able to fully close my handbags.

I have put my kitting on hold until I get done with the kitchen swap and my mom's blanket is staring at me from a box (plastic file box) by my desk. It's going to get done after the kitchen items as well. I'm thinking I may alternate it with the kitchen items though. Do a square, do a kitchen item, so on and so forth. It'll probably be the only way I get it done this century. :lol

So far I've sold 3 copies of my new hat pattern. I'm feeling so great about it. :yay I just posted it on Craftster trying to drum up a little more business. I totally forgot I had an account there. I signed up and never posted (that was over a year ago).

I might not post again until Friday as I've got a busy couple of days in school. Quiz tomorrow in Philosophy and a Quiz in Anatomy on Thursday. Study, study, study... No rest for the wicked. :devil

Here's my list for the 1st quarter

Dad's afghan -97% complete

Chester's blanket - 90% complete

Halebop's blanket - 70% complete

Hook case - 97% complete

Dolly Parton doll - 60% complete

Spike stitch bag - 85% complete

Mr Bean style bear - 10% complete

Sweet dreams baby blanket - 35% complete

Havn't posted in a while, been really busy with work and other things. Not alot of crochet done, have updated my list and hope to get a few complete by the end of the week.

Here's my list for the 1st quarter

Havn't posted in a while, been really busy with work and other things. Not alot of crochet done, have updated my list and hope to get a few complete by the end of the week.

KrazyKitty...I just love your avatar!!! :lol

What a great pic!!

Kim

Hi ladies! Hope you all are doing well.

Reylnn - Good luck on your quizzes.

Little green stars - Love your ponchos. :yes The colors are great! And your DH beanies look great as well. You are so fast at finishing up projects! Nice work!

Hope Kim and HappyOldCro that you gals are doing good! :hug

I finished my first ami for another nephew's b-day. Our family is getting so big it is almost impossible to not have 1-2 birthdays every month. :eek

See you ladies around.

I finished my Boboletta Jacket today! It was a fun pattern and easier to do than I thought. It was fun to do a pattern that was challenging but didn't totally hurt my brain....:cheer

Kim

by any chance, did you post pics in Show and Tell. I love that pattern.

Oh Ashley I love him, he is so sweet.

Little Green Stars, what an artist you are...

Relynn, make sure you don't over extend yourself, you do such nice work...

no crocheting for me today, spent day with DD.

Thanks ladies for the nice compliments. I need to revise my list again.

• Monkey afghan - Done
  • Ami's for nephew's b-day - Done
  • PIF 2 left - 5%
  • 12 12"inch squares (for project rest assured) 2 -12
  • Hat for FIL 0%
  • Hot pad for SIL 25%
  • Chicken hotpad for MIL 0%
  • Finish hubby afghan 50%
  • Daisy afghan for DD b-day 0%
  • (and now thanks to my first ever ami's) Ami's for my kid's Easter baskets 0%

Wheww I think that is it. I mean I hope that is it. My kids loved my first ever ami's I made. My son wanted to take them to bed with him.:lol So I hope to fill up their Easter baskets with them. Hope you all are well! :manyheart

KrazyKitty...I just love your avatar!!! :lol

What a great pic!!

Kim

Cheers, it always makes me smile.

I have an item to cross off my list

Dad's afghan now completed :cheer:clap

Here are a few photo's sorry about the poor quality flash didn't go off, gave it to my dad this evening and he loves it, my 5 cats are not happy it's gone they used to love sleeping on it.

dadsafghanalmostcomplete.jpg

On my double bed

dadsafghancompleted.jpgsideviewdadsafghan.jpg

close up of corner and border

border.jpg

Updated list

Dad's afghan -100% complete

Chester's blanket - 95% complete

Halebop's blanket - 70% complete

Hook case - 97% complete

Dolly Parton doll - 60% complete

Spike stitch bag - 85% complete