Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

Finished the last of the Motifs for my rug. Have to sew together with Nylon thread, then do the border and trim. Hopefully by Saturday this WIP will be done, :yay. Only 3 wips left (boucle shawl, my afghan and a baby afghan), then on to newer and better things.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finished the last of the Motifs for my rug. Have to sew together with Nylon thread, then do the border and trim. Hopefully by Saturday this WIP will be done, :yay. Only 3 wips left (boucle shawl, my afghan and a baby afghan), then on to newer and better things.

Congrats! I am so excited hopefully you will be able to get down to sewing. I know I finished a purse and just haven't got down to sewing a liner yet and putting the handles on. :blush

I have an item to cross off my list

Dad's afghan now completed :cheer:clap

Here are a few photo's sorry about the poor quality flash didn't go off, gave it to my dad this evening and he loves it, my 5 cats are not happy it's gone they used to love sleeping on it.

dadsafghanalmostcomplete.jpg

That is a very nice afghan! It resembles tile work from this image's perspective. Great job! :clap

Relynn, make sure you don't over extend yourself, you do such nice work...
Aww.. thanks! :hug I hate to sit idle so I tend to keep myself busy to an extreme. I appreciate the reminder to take things a little easy.

Reylnn - Good luck on your quizzes.
Thanks, Ashley! I did well on them. Got a B (80%) on my Philosophy one, which once the professor reviewed it I realized why I got the ones wrong that I did. A good learning experience. I got 100% on my Anatomy one. Anatomy is my thing though, it kind of comes naturally to me.

I can't wait to see what your end result will be. I loved the wip images of it before. Way to go! :cheer

well, after having to frog twice on the easy part, i finally finished the body of Very Victorian and am alittle ove half way through the border. The end is in sight! Am trying not to pull my neice's bag out of the closett until after company tomorrow night.

Slowly making progress. I decided to delay the Midnight Brites afghan until next quarter as the baby I am making it for isn't due until September anyway. Have been working on more rectangles and managed to finish 4 more this week, bringing my grand total to 14 WUA CAL sections. I scrapped the second part of the baby gift and am calling it done with the hat. Just a few last touches on the felted tote and I am done with that, but need to have my DH show me how to use the sewing machine (long story).

We are heading to my parents for the weekend so that either means I will get lots done, or nothing done. There really isn't much of a half way point with that for some reason. I do have my trusty lighted hooks that might help me get some work done in the car, but I will have to try to figure out what I can do that doesn't need much of a pattern....probably more rectangles or an easy scarf.

Here is my 1st Quarter List:

"Midnight Brites" baby afghan [0%] Delayed to next Qtr

WUA CAL rectangles [14/50]

WUA non-CAL rectangles [10/20]

Helmet liners [1/2]

8-pocket tote for Mom [0%]

Baby Gift (hat?) [100%]

Felted tote bag [95%]

Kitchen swap items [30%]

Well, this is progress so far on rug, half of the motifs are sewn, rest are held to gether by pins and green sc trim. Switching between the sewing and re-crocheting the brown strip border (had to frog and redo them as I made them too wide originally). The sage green is showing as a grey in the pic. I should be able to be done by tomorrow. The sewing is what slows me down, as the nylon thread is not all that flexible, and my hands cramp up alot, hence the reason for switching back and forth with crocheting.

th_crafty.jpg

Love the squares you made! I know what you mean about the sewing..I started an afghan and put it aside because of all the weaving in of ends and joining.

Would love to see a pic when you're finished!!

Kim

Roxy, that afghan is great! really interesting use of color

HappyOldCrow- neat!

I finished my Very Victorian. Not overly thrilled with it, but I think it's just a matter of taste. Pics are in Home Show and Tell. Have decided to frog the bag for my neice and do ponchos instead :). Sooo much more mindless as I am usually atleast double tasking (home schooling) when I crochet :lol.

OK, rug is done...Can't get the green to come up green, even trying to filter it into the right color. Just finished the sewing, it isn't blocked yet. Was going to write down the instructions, but made so many changes, I can't even read my own notes. :lol It is clickable.

th_Kitchenrug.jpg

Roxy, that afghan is great! really interesting use of color

HappyOldCrow- neat!

I finished my Very Victorian. Not overly thrilled with it, but I think it's just a matter of taste. Pics are in Home Show and Tell. Have decided to frog the bag for my neice and do ponchos instead :). Sooo much more mindless as I am usually atleast double tasking (home schooling) when I crochet :lol.

saw your pic, it is very pretty, and looks like you put a lot of work into it.

I hauled out my ancient WIP... the Coronet bedspread (aka doily) and it really is pretty. I have to get to work on it soon. I kept letting other things get in the way.

Is it motifs or one piece?

Well, got alot done this weekend. Finished the Very Victorian on Friday. Over the weekend I made the Groovy Granny Poncho for my neice who had a birthday in March and am almost done with one for me! Very simple pattern. I picked out a pattern for my BIL's Christmas afghan, and just realized this morning that I hadn't picked anything for my MIL's birthday which is in 2 weeks!! I do have a daisy scarf almost completed (just have to frog another scarf to get the yarn to finish it) that she had been eyeing, but should do something else as well. Guess I'd better start looking.

Ok so another monday update!

and I've got two to cross off!!!! :cheer (no picture yet sorry :()

1. Alternating V-Shell lap-ghan: DONE DONE AND DONE!!!

2. Up-Down Stitch Afghan: +/- 20%

3. Baby Bib: all stitched up just need to weave in ends so it DONE in my book!!! hehe

4. 2 baby hats: 0% for now these are on hold, so off the list

5. Snowflakes (snowflake monday cal): 0/52

6. Giant Granny Square Afghan (CAL): 70% on hold until I get more yarn

7. Giant Granny Square Afghan #2 (CAL): +/- 10% I've got some yarn (will end up needing more just like the other one) so I figured I might as well just start it.

8. 1 Skein Scarf: +/- 40%

Working on a pair of slipper sox for great grandson that wasn't on my list. They are coming up in beginning of March from Arkansas. I want to make sure he has something warm for his little feeties when they are here. His brothers don't walk yet, but he is a runner who doesn't sit still for long, :lol. I had gotten the fleece lined soles at auction (they have cork non slip bottoms), so I only have to crochet the tops.

I'm adding a little to my list, as I signed up for the secret pal swap and volunteered to do some squares for the beginning challenge.

1. Winter Sets for 2 kids - Done

2. Doily for Grandma - Done

3. Winter Set for Me - Done
  4. Commissioned Hat - Done

5. Q Hook Afghan for Mom - 3 of 20 squares done - On hold until next week

6. Knitted Dishcloth (practicing knitting) - Done
  7. Knitted Dishcloth 2 (first one was too small) - 75% (I do this while waiting on 2 habitually late professors to show up in class)

8. Kitchen Stuff for Swap partner - 1 item Done, 2 items 95% (need to weave in ends and embellish), 1 item 35% (will be done by Fri. evening)

9. Cables and Bobbles pattern test - Done (will post pics later this week)

10. Squares for SP Challenge - aiming for 5 by Friday but not sure how many I'll get done

I will be posting pics of my latest fo's on Friday or Saturday.

I haven't revised my list yet for this week but I'll try to get to it later today. I'm working on a dog blanket for the Ugly Duckling CAL....and since we got a new dog on Sunday I need to get it done sooner than I thought! We adopted a 2 yr old English Mastiff and she's a big girl, who's going to need a big doggy blanket!!

Kim

Susan, you have alot of gifts to make! I just sent a pink shawl to my mother for Valentine's Day. I hope she likes it!

I'm sure she will! Did you take pics?

Yeah, I do have alot of gifts to make :lol. I could never have done this even 2 years ago. I'm in the zone, or atleast a zone. Found a pattern for a jacket for MIL, calls for an M hook which I don't have. So have to get the yarn and hook for that. And a cousin's wife is going through chemo. Think I am going to send her the Very Victorian as she's tired alot, but CrochetLiving gave me the idea of a hat as well, so have to do that yet. I love being in the zone!!

Kim - that wouldn't happen to be the circles to squares afghan that's been put aside because of all the ends you have to weave in is it :lol I finally started on mine this weekend and have gotten all 16 of the little squares done. I weaved in the ends as I went, until the last 5. I am really enjoying it though!

Ok, my progress so far...

Finished up a pet snuggles blanket to donate

Kitchen swap items: 20%

Baby's ABC Blanket: 60%

Circles to squares afghan: 20%

After I finish up the stuff for the kitchen swap I am going to start making some miscellaneous baby items, hats, booties... etc. But my main focus now is on the kitchen swap!

I'm sure she will! Did you take pics?

Yeah, I do have alot of gifts to make :lol. I could never have done this even 2 years ago. I'm in the zone, or atleast a zone. Found a pattern for a jacket for MIL, calls for an M hook which I don't have. So have to get the yarn and hook for that. And a cousin's wife is going through chemo. Think I am going to send her the Very Victorian as she's tired alot, but CrochetLiving gave me the idea of a hat as well, so have to do that yet. I love being in the zone!!

You Go Girl!!:cheer I love being in that zone too. And no, I didn't take pics and I sure wish I had. It was a gorgeous shade of pink!

Kim

Kim - that wouldn't happen to be the circles to squares afghan that's been put aside because of all the ends you have to weave in is it :lol I finally started on mine this weekend and have gotten all 16 of the little squares done. I weaved in the ends as I went, until the last 5. I am really enjoying it though!

j

Yup, that's the one! :lol I keep looking at it and know I love making the squares but hate the weaving in and sewing together.:angry

I'll get back to it one day....:yes

Post pics of yours when it's done! You're really moving along on those little squares. :yay

Kim

Good morning ladies! :manyheart I wanted to do an update. I really like this CAL it helps me feel organized and helps me see my progress.

• PIF 2 left - Done
  • 12 12" squares (for project rest assured) 3 -12
  • some 6" squares for Secret Swap - 3
  • Hat for FIL 0%
  • Hot pad for SIL 25%
  • Chicken hotpad for MIL 0%
  • Finish hubby afghan 50%
  • Daisy afghan for DD b-day 0%
  • (and now thanks to my first ever ami's) Ami's for my kid's Easter baskets 0%

I'm going to try and get more squares done and this weekend I'm hoping to finish my hubby's afghan. Hope everyone is having a great day! :flower

Archived