Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

2 FO's in ONE DAY!!!!!!!

Baby's ABC Blanket - 100% Finished

V-Stitch Baby Blanket - 100% Finished

Lacy Shells Baby Blanket – 100% Finished (But now I want to make a hat and booties to match!)

V/Shell Stitch Afghan – 10%

Blue Mesh Afghan – 10%

Matching booties and hat - 0%

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 FO's in ONE DAY!!!!!!!

Baby's ABC Blanket - 100% Finished

V-Stitch Baby Blanket - 100% Finished

Lacy Shells Baby Blanket – 100% Finished (But now I want to make a hat and booties to match!)

V/Shell Stitch Afghan – 10%

Blue Mesh Afghan – 10%

Matching booties and hat - 0%

You Go Girl!!:cheer

Kim

:yayI found a project to tide me over until the new books arrive (and until next week when homeschool has Spring Break and I have to clean) :clap. Believe it or not I am actually looking forward to cleaning. I don't believe it.

For those of you who have the Winter (Feb) 2008 issue of Crochet today, it's the Happy Hearts afghan. I am using reds and blues instead of red and purples as that is what is in my stash. So far it's looking good. It has been years since I've done a granny afghan, and I am actually enjoying it. :think Go figure.

Happy crocheting everyone!

:yayI found a project to tide me over until the new books arrive (and until next week when homeschool has Spring Break and I have to clean) :clap. Believe it or not I am actually looking forward to cleaning. I don't believe it.

For those of you who have the Winter (Feb) 2008 issue of Crochet today, it's the Happy Hearts afghan. I am using reds and blues instead of red and purples as that is what is in my stash. So far it's looking good. It has been years since I've done a granny afghan, and I am actually enjoying it. :think Go figure.

Happy crocheting everyone!

I thought that afghan was really pretty! Would love to see pics when you're done!

Kim

Krazy-Kitty, I noticed the HaleBop in your post and it caught my eye because that is what we call my granddaughter Haley

:lol the cat was named after the comet, as he turned up about the same time as the comet.

My revised list for this week (2nd addition) and what I'll be working on the rest of the quarter...yeah, right! ;)

1. ......

2. Pamelyn shrug...10%

3. Blythe Shawl....5%

4. Tie-Front Sweater...Picked out yarn!

5. Circle to Square Afghan...20% (I'll get back to it...one day!)

Removed Hiawatha Poncho....:(.....I didn't like the yarn for the pattern so I frogged it.:yes

Back to the Pamelyn!

Kim

So I put together a list of what I've done since January and what I'm still working on.... I don't think I forgot anything.... I'll be sure to update if I did

Finsihed:

2- Xmas Stockings

Baby Afghan

V-Shell Stitch Lapghan

Beanie w/ Earflaps

Beanie w/ Flower

4 Scaves

4 1/2 hr Throw

Small Doily (1st attempt at thread)

1 Set Coasters

Poncho

A few Dishcloths

2 Baby Bibs

What I'm working on, and prbably still will be next quarter!:

Coffee Table Doily (1st REAL doily)

Giant Granny Square Afghan #1 (for end of may wedding)

Giant Granny Square Afghan #2 (for beg. of june wedding)

Up-Down Stitch Afghan ( for xmas 08)

Dishcolths (I just keep a few balls of cotton in my bookbag for my train ride to class)

More Baby Stuff (Future Cousin-in-Law found out it's probably going to be a girl and she's only got 3 1/2 months left!)

2-3 Swap Items (top secret)

And that's my list.... maybe on my "spring break" I can make some prgress on those few things I need done soon...

I took a break from homework last night to frog the coffee table doily back to my mistake and started working again but didn't get very far.... I need some motivation to get those last few swap items done... I'm trying some new stuff for her and well they are just kicking my butt!!! and the fact that the stuff I already have isn't fitting into the boxes I have.... for the sending plan/pattern I was going to do..... NOW WHAT???? :think

.... I need some motivation to get those last few swap items done... I'm trying some new stuff for her and well they are just kicking my butt!!! and the fact that the stuff I already have isn't fitting into the boxes I have.... for the sending plan/pattern I was going to do..... NOW WHAT???? :think

LOL, I have the same problem!

Kim

LOL, I have the same problem!

Kim

It's quite frustrating.... I haven't gotten my first package out. and I have pretty much everything for all my "planned" packages sitting on the coffee table in their appropriate piles..... at this rate she's going to get just one package..... and I really wanted to send her more than one..... I do have two small ones, I just have to get one of them out this weekend.... everything for those fit in their envelopes, now why can the other stuff...

I'm seriously thinking about vaccum sealing the crocheted items so they will fit better!!!

It's quite frustrating.... I haven't gotten my first package out. and I have pretty much everything for all my "planned" packages sitting on the coffee table in their appropriate piles..... at this rate she's going to get just one package..... and I really wanted to send her more than one..... I do have two small ones, I just have to get one of them out this weekend.... everything for those fit in their envelopes, now why can the other stuff...

I'm seriously thinking about vaccum sealing the crocheted items so they will fit better!!!

I've been breaking mine down into small weekly packages and am saving the big crocheted item for the last box. It's going to need a big box for sure. Vacuum sealing is really something to consider when you look at the price of shipping!

Hope you can find a good way to squish it all into a box!

Kim

It looks like I'm going to have to revise and complete my pinwheel afghan for next month. I'm not even halfway through yet and it's almost the end of March. I'm going to try to get it done, but I don't see how I'll have enough time.

On the plus side, I completed my Veteran's scarf and plan to send that out next week.

I took a break from homework last night to frog the coffee table doily back to my mistake and started working again but didn't get very far.... I need some motivation to get those last few swap items done... I'm trying some new stuff for her and well they are just kicking my butt!!! and the fact that the stuff I already have isn't fitting into the boxes I have.... for the sending plan/pattern I was going to do..... NOW WHAT???? :think

I'm totally feeling you. I've got a couple of SP swap items that I have in the works that are just not doing it for me. I keep trying to stay motivated, but they are boring me to tears. lol I plan on cracking them out over the next week though, even if I have to force my way through it, that way the crocheted items I need are all done well before the end of the swap.

Okay, I'll be brave and add a couple things since Mauve Lace went amuck. Don't know as I'll get these done, but suspect I'll atleast get the Happy Hearts one before the end of March.

Happy Hearts Afghan- 45/80 squares -0/20 hearts

Just Blues 25%

Good morning everyone!

I am doing the Happy Hearts as a stash buster. Last night I ran out of navy :( and as I was searching found 2 over half skeins of country blue. It actually looks better than the navy. So am ripping out the navy. I am almost out of claret, will buy one skein and use in the border. One skein for an afghan's not bad, right? ;) I am defiately having fun, and hopefully will be getting it done.

That's awesome Susan! I love excuses to use up and buy more yarn. :lol

Now that my Spring Break has officially started, I have time to crochet again. Yay!!

Here's my list for the rest of the month:

Girls Shrug test for Andrea (knitsandknots) - I'm doing 2 sizes (18 mos and 3T) and these will be done in 3 days or less

SP Swap Stuff - Got one big project in the works now and 3 small ones planned that will be started this weekend, at least one will be knit - I don't expect the big one to be done by the end of the month

Cold Shoulders Capelet for me - I'm almost half done with it and should only take another day or two of work to finish

Lacy Pineapples top - The front is about half done and I might be able to get it done by 3/31, but I won't be heartbroken if I don't

We've got 16 more days in the month, let's start planning our 2nd quarter to-do lists so we can post them on the 1st of April. I've got a couple things on mine already *cough* mom's afghan *cough*.

My flowers and wash cloths are all done, so now I will go back to my teddys and seaside spider lace shawl. Also finished March square and starting on April. Browsing patterns for Paton's Brilliant and Lion Boucle yarns for next quarter as well as for a new granny ghan. Have pattern lined up for another purse and a hat.

Going through my stuff again as I promised my grand daughter I would send her a care package of yarn, hooks and patterns. Her big boy is 5 and the twins are 9 months so she is ready to get back into crocheting again. She is an advanced beginner, and needs patterns that aren't too challenging. Anyone have any suggestions???

We've got 16 more days in the month, let's start planning our 2nd quarter to-do lists so we can post them on the 1st of April. I've got a couple things on mine already *cough* mom's afghan *cough*.

:lol:lol:hug

I bought some yarn today and some new pattern books. I'm going to start planning out my new list for next quarter!

Kim

Oooooo..... tell us all about your goodies. I wanted to make it to my LYS today to pet and adopt some uberfabulous fiber, but DH ended up spending 10 hours at work and got home an hour and a half after the shop closed. I was :thair:bang:irk:yell:rant:grumpy:grump:tryme... not happy. :lol I missed out on an AWESOME sale. Oh well, I'll just have to pay more for my addiction later this coming week.

Going through my stuff again as I promised my grand daughter I would send her a care package of yarn, hooks and patterns. Her big boy is 5 and the twins are 9 months so she is ready to get back into crocheting again. She is an advanced beginner, and needs patterns that aren't too challenging. Anyone have any suggestions???

Yeppers... If she wants to make something for the kiddos, babies always need blankets and bigger kids love, well, their loves change daily it seems. If her boy is into something like cars, dragons, sports, etc. I'm sure there are little toy or lapghan patterns for those. If she wants some instant gratification, she could always make herself a beautiful lacy scarf to spice up her wardrobe. I will try to hunt down some great patterns for her to get reoriented with hookin' and to later push her skills a bit. Give me a day or two to get a list posted.

:lol:lol:hug
I'm glad you laughed at my little joke. I am so dreading that darn blanket. :lol I need to just bite the bullet and get it done so I can stop worrying about it. :hug

I have started making my list and a yarn shopping list (much more fun that creating my grocery list!) for the second quarter. The two projects I still have on my list for the first quarter just aren't that interesting to me. But they are easy and sort of mind-less. I have started making the crazy dishcloth and that is with thread so its keeping me interested and I am figuring out if I am a thread crocheter too! I'm still on the fence about it, but I think I will be with time.

I think its great that I have this 2 week period to really figure out what I want to make. I have a habit of seeing something I like and then I go buy the yarn and start without really thinking about it. Then I start working on it and decide I don't want to do it. (I have already changed up my list once!)

I have to track down a pattern I saw somewhere (I think I saved it on my computer somewhere) and that will be my fourth item and come up with one more to add to my list. Then go yarn shopping. THEN I'll be ready for the 2nd quarter!

I found a pattern in a book of a sweater I wanted to make so I bought the yarn this past weekend. My plan was to finish some other projects and make the sweater in the next quarter but I just couldn't resist and now I'm halfway thru the sweater....I think I have Yarn A.D.D.! LOL

Kim

I found a pattern in a book of a sweater I wanted to make so I bought the yarn this past weekend. My plan was to finish some other projects and make the sweater in the next quarter but I just couldn't resist and now I'm halfway thru the sweater....I think I have Yarn A.D.D.! LOL

Kim

:rofl

Me too! I think I've got 5 or more projects in various states of completion right now just for that reason... it's crazy.

:rofl

Me too! I think I've got 5 or more projects in various states of completion right now just for that reason... it's crazy.

It's so nice to know I'm not the only one!!! :applause

Kim

My flowers were such a hit with family and friends, I just made more. But instead of Roses I am making Old world flowers. Hopefully they will hang out here a little longer.

Your projects look great. I laughed at the dog in the seater, it appears he/she is looking out and saying," OK, I'm dressed for it, what are we waiting for?!"

Archived