Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

Just finished off 2 more towel toppers and a few more rows on shawl. Keep staring at the graph for the oriental purse, and want to start it so bad, but got to do other stuff first....must finish shawl and teddies.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just finished off 2 more towel toppers and a few more rows on shawl. Keep staring at the graph for the oriental purse, and want to start it so bad, but got to do other stuff first....must finish shawl and teddies.

I'm in awe of your willpower... I'm so ADD when it comes to projects. I just can't seem to stop myself from starting the next fascinating new thing. :lol

Just one more week of this quarter... and I have already started on a project for the second quarter! I couldnt wait!! :P I am still making minor changes to my list. I want to make a bedspread for the guest bedroom. I want to make it out of 12 inch squares. I drew out what I want my squares to look like, but I'm not totally sure how to go about it quite yet. I have to search through CPC to see what I can find there - the rest I'll just figure out as I go!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and got some crocheting :crocheting accomplished - I sure did!!

I would love to see pics of your bedspread when it's finished! I always thought I might try doing that but squares make me crazy. I found a pattern for a wavy striped bedspread that I'm considering...

I don't have a list yet for the next quarter but I think some of my WIP's will be tops on the list. I am 3/4 finished on the sweater I had to frog twice. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the week...LOL, my goal was to finish it while the weather was still chilly but it didn't work out that way!

I've bought some pattern books for next quarter too...would like to try something different like working with cotton/thread.

Kim

I would love to see pics of your bedspread when it's finished! I always thought I might try doing that but squares make me crazy. I found a pattern for a wavy striped bedspread that I'm considering...

I don't have a list yet for the next quarter but I think some of my WIP's will be tops on the list. I am 3/4 finished on the sweater I had to frog twice. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the week...LOL, my goal was to finish it while the weather was still chilly but it didn't work out that way!

I've bought some pattern books for next quarter too...would like to try something different like working with cotton/thread.

Kim

Squares make me crazy too, but its something I need to conquer!! I am ignoring the vision of it becoming a UFO to sit in the closet eternally! :lol

I just completed my first thread project - the crazy dishcloth. Its quick and pretty easy. Its on my ravelry page and its a free pattern if you want to check it out. It seems a lot more complicated than what it actually is when you first start reading the pattern. You'll get the hang of it pretty quick - the pictures are so helpful!

Squares make me crazy too, but its something I need to conquer!! I am ignoring the vision of it becoming a UFO to sit in the closet eternally! :lol

I just completed my first thread project - the crazy dishcloth. Its quick and pretty easy. Its on my ravelry page and its a free pattern if you want to check it out. It seems a lot more complicated than what it actually is when you first start reading the pattern. You'll get the hang of it pretty quick - the pictures are so helpful!

I still have my Circle to Square afghan staring at me that I really should finish...I think if I join as I go along it won't be so bad?

Love your dishcloth! And I made that same Moda Dea felted bag but mine is in a variegated gold. Love yours in blue.

How did you like the Knot Ugly Shrug pattern?

Kim

I'm in awe of your willpower... I'm so ADD when it comes to projects. I just can't seem to stop myself from starting the next fascinating new thing. :lol

I am exactly opposite. I want to have to think to hard at this point, as I am usually teaching or watching tv with the husband when I crochet. ALTHOUGH, I have been alittle ADD lately, hadn't found anything to inspire me. Was designing a 2 to 24 point victorian afghan, http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/Scarlet_Veil/2008%20crochet/2008Crochet087.jpg but have lost my inspiration. Will probably pick it up at some point, but no time soon. The Just blues I don't like very well, so think I will frog that too.

On the up side, my new to me pattern books came! I had been wanting to make my Dad and his wife an afghan but had never found one that I thought would look good in their livingroom. Well, I found one! For those of you who have the Leisure Arts book Afghans for All Seasons, it's the Fond Memories! For those of you who don't, here's a pic of the flower motif http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/Scarlet_Veil/2008%20crochet/2008Crochet093.jpg.

I am making up my list for next round.

Happy crocheting!

I lost the battle, once I found the red lining in the Joanne's remnant section, I had to start. I told myself I would only do the front pocket, but before I knew it I had the whole front done....but I did work some on the other projects, so not a total loss....

I love making the squares, and can whip right through them, it is the part about putting them together that gets me disinterested. I really have to push myself to do it.

I lost the battle, once I found the red lining in the Joanne's remnant section, I had to start. I told myself I would only do the front pocket, but before I knew it I had the whole front done....but I did work some on the other projects, so not a total loss....

Can't wait to see it!! Are you making it for yourself?

Kim

I wish I were, but I have so many now it would only sit on shelf. This one will be going to a craft fair (for sale). This will be my first craft fair in PA. I did them in NY for needlework. PA is lot more stricter, and has codes I never knew existed. But it has been about 25 years since I had worked a fair. I am super nervous and have made all kinds of to do lists, that I keep changing and checking on.

I love making the squares, and can whip right through them, it is the part about putting them together that gets me disinterested. I really have to push myself to do it.

Yeah, that's me too. I have all the squares done for the Happy Hearts afghan, but not motivated to put it together. It doesn't help that I'm not happy with the color scheme. :P

I wish I were, but I have so many now it would only sit on shelf. This one will be going to a craft fair (for sale). This will be my first craft fair in PA. I did them in NY for needlework. PA is lot more stricter, and has codes I never knew existed. But it has been about 25 years since I had worked a fair. I am super nervous and have made all kinds of to do lists, that I keep changing and checking on.

A craft fair sounds like fun! I didn't know they were so strict about that kind of stuff here. I've only lived in PA for 2 1/2 years...I hope the fair goes well for you!

Kim

It's finally spring break! I'm hurrying to finish 2 projects before the end of the month. I don't even know yet what I'm going to start for the next quarter. I'm going to try to post photos this week.

I still have my Circle to Square afghan staring at me that I really should finish...I think if I join as I go along it won't be so bad?

Love your dishcloth! And I made that same Moda Dea felted bag but mine is in a variegated gold. Love yours in blue.

How did you like the Knot Ugly Shrug pattern?

Kim

I put my Circle to Squares in the closet so it couldnt stare at me! :lol

Thank you for your compliments on the dishcloth and the bag!!

I made the knot ugly shrug when I first started to get the hang of crocheting and it turned out better than just about anything else I have made! It came out too big for me and I made the small size, but I am pretty petite so I think thats why - plus I rarely check gauge now, so I know I didnt check back then! But it was REALLY easy to make. I am tempted to make another one now, but a little smaller.

I am exactly opposite. I want to have to think to hard at this point, as I am usually teaching or watching tv with the husband when I crochet. ALTHOUGH, I have been alittle ADD lately, hadn't found anything to inspire me. Was designing a 2 to 24 point victorian afghan, http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/Scarlet_Veil/2008%20crochet/2008Crochet087.jpg but have lost my inspiration. Will probably pick it up at some point, but no time soon. The Just blues I don't like very well, so think I will frog that too.

On the up side, my new to me pattern books came! I had been wanting to make my Dad and his wife an afghan but had never found one that I thought would look good in their livingroom. Well, I found one! For those of you who have the Leisure Arts book Afghans for All Seasons, it's the Fond Memories! For those of you who don't, here's a pic of the flower motif http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/Scarlet_Veil/2008%20crochet/2008Crochet093.jpg.

I am making up my list for next round.

Happy crocheting!

That is a pretty motif!! I'm sure its going to look wonderful!

Its amazing how stuff gets done on its own, huh? :think:lol

I put my Circle to Squares in the closet so it couldnt stare at me! :lol

Thank you for your compliments on the dishcloth and the bag!!

I made the knot ugly shrug when I first started to get the hang of crocheting and it turned out better than just about anything else I have made! It came out too big for me and I made the small size, but I am pretty petite so I think thats why - plus I rarely check gauge now, so I know I didnt check back then! But it was REALLY easy to make. I am tempted to make another one now, but a little smaller.

Now why didn't I think of putting it in the closet so it couldn't snicker at me when I walked by??:lol

I think I'm going to have to put that shrug on my list for next quarter. It's really cute!

Kim

I think I need to get on board here for the second quarter. I have been :lurk and following your progress here for the first quarter and now think I need to join up too. I have too many WIP and need to get them done (and want to start more stuff too of course) :help I should have joined in January but ... Now I will. I'll compile my list and get it posted for the beginning of Q2 :yay

I think I need to get on board here for the second quarter. I have been :lurk and following your progress here for the first quarter and now think I need to join up too. I have too many WIP and need to get them done (and want to start more stuff too of course) :help I should have joined in January but ... Now I will. I'll compile my list and get it posted for the beginning of Q2 :yay

Welcome!!! This has been very helpful for me to get more organized and helps me stay on track (most of the time)! :cheer

Archived