Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

I am just making scarves at the moment...Hope this counts. I'm meeting 8 new inlaws in Europe in 2 mo and am making one each. Also making scarves for daughters family in Europe.

4 scarves bil's - 1 20%

4 scarves sil's - 1 50%

4 scarves daughters family - 1 done

Hi Kathy! I'm glad you have joined in! Anything you are working on - even if it never gets finished *ahem my circles to squares afghan* - it counts! Are you using a bunch of different patterns?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Kathy! I'm glad you have joined in! Anything you are working on - even if it never gets finished *ahem my circles to squares afghan* - it counts! Are you using a bunch of different patterns?

Ahem.....and my Circles to Square afghan too.....:devil

1. Shawler May use yarn for Tie Front Sweater....

2. Siobhanna Sweater....have the yarn

3. Tie Front Sweater....have the yarn

4. Another Whiz of a Sweater (Big Hook Crochet book...want to try it in a different yarn)

5. Circle to Square Afghan 20%

6. Cardi-Shawl (CGOA pattern)....have the yarn

7. Spring Green Purse...have the yarn

8. Mango Moon Bag Kit 50%

9. Learn to Knit!

10. Item for Natural Yarn Swap Partner!

Ok, so it's only 3 days into the quarter and I've already axed the LB Ruffle stole (hated the yarn I picked for it...):angry and the Seraphina shawl (I read over the directions and my head is still spinning!):think

The good news is I'm halfway finished the Mango Moon Bag kit! :yay So all is well in my world....:)

Good going Kim, at least you have all the yarn for them. I am still hunting down some of mine.

Thought I was done with buttons, but forgot the 15 buttons on the purses....

Just finished dinner and cleaning up, now getting ready to hit those 15, the pics will go on tonight, if my fingers aren't too sore, :lol. I don't like using a thimble, but may wind up doing it before tonight is over. between the diabetes blood testing and hand sewing I am really feeling like a human pin cushion...

Good going Kim, at least you have all the yarn for them. I am still hunting down some of mine.

Thought I was done with buttons, but forgot the 15 buttons on the purses....

Just finished dinner and cleaning up, now getting ready to hit those 15, the pics will go on tonight, if my fingers aren't too sore, :lol. I don't like using a thimble, but may wind up doing it before tonight is over. between the diabetes blood testing and hand sewing I am really feeling like a human pin cushion...

Thanks Carol. I tried to find patterns for yarn I already have sitting here so I can use up what I have. So far, I've done pretty well in my choices.

I guess you do feel like a pincushion!

I am having a hard time making a list this time. In the past my crochet has been an on and off thing, may need to take some time off. I've lost my momentum at last. But... am hoping that changing my type of project will give me some drive. So here's my list so far

1. Blue Shrug in orange- 95% done, add ties

2. Colorful Carryall

3. Summertime tote

4. Short and Sassy Spring Cardigan

5. Poncho or shawl yet to be picked out

6. Scrapghan yet to be picked out

We shall see how it goes.

I just saw the picture of yours on your ravelry page and its gorgeous! I love the colors!!! I am inspired to re-think my color scheme and start again!

Thank you! I was just looking at it yesterday and thinking I may get back to it soon. The yarn really is nice to work with....

Yeah, I had to revise my list too!!! I started on some fingerless gloves last night. I tried to do them on dpns, but man, I think I have to learn some more first - it was so confusing! The stockinette scarf wasnt working either because it was curling and I realized that I dont wear hats so I crossed those two off my list and will use the striping yarn to make arm warmers instead!

I love using the self striping yarn, or whatever its called. Its so much fun to see what color is coming next!

1. ABC Blanket II - 33%
  2. Bedspread - 25 - 12 inch squares - 1%
  3. Lil' Monkies Baby Afghan/Seija Hat - still have to buy my yarns!
  4. Fingerless Gloves/Hand warmers – 25%
  5. LEARN TO KNIT (In progress):
    a. Dishcloth #2 - 30% (I love this yarn colorway! It reminds me of a box of crayons!)
    b. Springy scarf - 5% (practicing my stockinette stitch!)
    c. Socks - have picked out the pattern but not the yarn yet. But its the reason I am learning to knit!
  6. Spring Interweave Crochet Items:
    a. Arachne's Tears Scarf
    b. Raspberry and Lime Purse
    c. Spring Spiral Hat (to match a scarf)

Love your 'Blue' Shrug!!:) You look fantastic in that orange color!! Bravo!!:clap

Thanks, Kim! I am pleased with the way it turned out, and it's true, I actually look better in bright orange than in blue, :lol. Now I also have some bright yellow from the same failed placemats. What am I going to do with that :think? I'm thinking the poncho...

I buy alot from Toadal Discount Yarn and EweNeedYarn. Both are very nice sellers, the yarn is fantastic and the sale prices are really good. They also ship very quickly!

Thanks for sharing those! I've added them to my favorites on Ebay. They didn't have anything I wanted right now, so I went with KnitPicks. I will be keeping an eye on their stock, though. I do love you for sharing Toadal Discount Yarn... they've got Fiesta! Yay! And for half the price of my LYS. Wish I'd known that before I bought it at my LYS. lol

Thanks for sharing those! I've added them to my favorites on Ebay. They didn't have anything I wanted right now, so I went with KnitPicks. I will be keeping an eye on their stock, though. I do love you for sharing Toadal Discount Yarn... they've got Fiesta! Yay! And for half the price of my LYS. Wish I'd known that before I bought it at my LYS. lol

You're welcome! The woman who owns Toadal (can't recall her name...) is really nice and helpful. And I have found some amazing deals thru her!

Well I've decided on one of the many baby items I will be making, I started my first ever round ripple last night!!! I figure I got about a quarter of the way through it.... I'm impressed with how fast it is working up.... I've heard people talk about how quick they are, I just didn't realize they were this quick!

Can't believe I am doing this again. I thought I posted the pics and a long description, and it isn't showing, so here I go, but no long description this time, as I am beat (weather pains).

Pics are clickable, and if you have any questions feel free to ask or comment.

th_OntheProwlBoucle.jpg

th_FanCiFul.jpg

th_assortment.jpg

enjoy and if any of you have suggestions regarding prices, etc...I would gladly receive them.

question!! I want to join y'all and don't know how to get things listed like y'all have! My signature dealy keeps saying I have too many lines! Help!

question!! I want to join y'all and don't know how to get things listed like y'all have! My signature dealy keeps saying I have too many lines! Help!

Try using a very small font for your list. I used a size one for mine and it seems to shrink them down to the size of a half a line per item in the list. So my signature takes the space of approximately 8 lines.

Or... you can just post a list in a reply to the thread and keep track of it by updating your progress on a regular basis.

Welcome to the fun!

I'm joining this CAL! :cheerMy first "thing" to join! :clapYea Me! :yay

Thanks, Dare 2B Different, for helping me to figure out how to list in my signature!! :hug

I'm joining this CAL! :cheerMy first "thing" to join! :clapYea Me! :yay

Thanks, Dare 2B Different, for helping me to figure out how to list in my signature!! :hug

Hello Fellow Shawler! I'm in that CAL too!

enjoy and if any of you have suggestions regarding prices, etc...I would gladly receive them.

Unfortunately, I have no suggesstion for prices. I have never done a craft fair.... yet. I have wanted to try the towel toppers though. How difficult is it to join to the towel? I love to crochet, I hate to sew :P. everything looks great! Good luck!

Archived