Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

Can't believe I am doing this again. I thought I posted the pics and a long description, and it isn't showing, so here I go, but no long description this time, as I am beat (weather pains).

Pics are clickable, and if you have any questions feel free to ask or comment.

th_OntheProwlBoucle.jpg

th_FanCiFul.jpg

th_assortment.jpg

enjoy and if any of you have suggestions regarding prices, etc...I would gladly receive them.

Very nice!! I especially like the bag!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
question!! I want to join y'all and don't know how to get things listed like y'all have! My signature dealy keeps saying I have too many lines! Help!

I thought about adding my list to my siggy, but I change my list on a daily basis sometimes and thats just too much for me to keep up with! :lol

Can't believe I am doing this again. I thought I posted the pics and a long description, and it isn't showing, so here I go, but no long description this time, as I am beat (weather pains).

Pics are clickable, and if you have any questions feel free to ask or comment.

th_OntheProwlBoucle.jpg

th_FanCiFul.jpg

th_assortment.jpg

enjoy and if any of you have suggestions regarding prices, etc...I would gladly receive them.

I love, love, love the On The Prowl and the Fanciful Bag!! Great work and I love the colors you used!!:yes

The only thing I can say about prices is keep them low without giving them away if you can....then look at your competition at the craft show and lower them again if you have to. Sadly, it seems alot of people go to craft shows looking for bargains and with the economy the way it is, people are also spending less.

One way to get people to your booth is to give away small candies in a bowl and have little handmade items that are cute and inexpensive...stuff people will buy on impulse. Hope that helps!

And hope you feel better soon!

Unfortunately, I have no suggesstion for prices. I have never done a craft fair.... yet. I have wanted to try the towel toppers though. How difficult is it to join to the towel? I love to crochet, I hate to sew :P. everything looks great! Good luck!

It's actually a piece of cake to attach them. Me and my sister made some for a friend of our grandma and we just crocheted directly onto the towel. She used a needle and sew loops along the top of hers to crochet into, I took one of my small hooks and crochet the first row directly into mine (and then switched to a bigger one).

Hey everyone, sorry I vanished...lol I finished much of my last quarter list (my blanket's done :clap) and put a few things aside for a while. I need to get some pictures to show off. *nods*

Here's my list for next quarter:

-Fingerless gloves for mother's day

-Some potholders for mother's day

-Possible an afgan (not sure about this, but would love to) for mother's day

-Something small for my brother's birthday in 2 weeks

I'm sure there's more to come soon...lol

I'm making up the (knitting) pattern for the gloves. So far I have one off the needles and am just finishing it up. If anyone know of any good double thick potholder patterns, I'm all ears (eyes? ;)). If I do the afgan, it'll most likely be a joint project with my sister, because left to my own devices I'll take 6 months to complete one.

Hi Lauren, you are in with a good group here, very supportive and helpful. I hope you enjoy your stay..

Susan, I make my toppers seperately and then sew them onto the towels, for two reasons, 1- I do enjoy sewing 2-I use cheap towels cut in half and mercerized cotton tops, so when towels get too grungy, I can cut them off and resew topper on a new towel. They work up fast, but I like to get creative and make them fancier. Be careful, it is addictive, :lol.

Thanks Kim for the advise. The poncho was from an idea I got from a Bernat booklet. I liked not having a point in the back (always sit on it and when shifting position wind up choking myself), but the pattern itself was to tight, I wanted more of an open weave for the yarn, so (as usual) I did my own thing. I also had some glass amber beads and wooden tube beads left over from my macrame days and used them on the ends of the ties. It has a slimming effect because of the black sides. It was 4 skeins fancy fur, 2 skeins of Moda Dea Primo and one skein of Bernat Frenzy (same colors as fancy fur but lighter shaded with short fur to frame under the face) for the neckline and loopy bow.

Not that happy with purse. Had problems with the Fan pocket. If I rounded it more it would flop over, so I had to keep it almost on a straight diagonal. Also the red lining was just too thin, so I double pocketed the inside, using an uphostery type fabric with the silky material as a large inner pocket. Still need to attach the magnetic closure on the flap under the fan button.

Thanks for the compliments Elaine, I really hate stopping to take pics and rarely post on the show and tell. Camera time takes away from creative juices, so to speak, I just get the ideas and want to crochet away...This Cal helps me stay on track and get the other things done (sewing, etc...) otherwise I would just have piles of crocheted parts, :lol.

Think I am all caught up now, and on to new projects and my spider shawl.

Hope I didn't miss anyone....

When I was growing up all we had were towel toppers my Mom made.

She'd cut the towels in half, getting 2 for the price of one. She did sew :sew down a small edge so it wouldn't unravel and then she used a nail :?and made holes into the seam she sewed, then she'd crochet into the holes. I've never done one myself and I too do not like to sew! :P

Thanks for all the welcomes to this CAL/KAL. :hug I'm very excited to be a part of this! Since I had my accident, being "foggy" :2spin on so many meds and can't sit for more than hour, my projects take forever to get done!

I crochet like a turtle, :turtlethus my avatar, because I either can't concentrate on the pattern, :tired or I can't sit long enough to really get anything done.:bang

So, joining in with all of you gives me a goal, and the support to get things done! :yay I decided to feel more successful at the end of my week, I'd work on one project each day. Last night my Mom came over and it happened to be her Seraphina Shawl day. She was so excited to see it and watch me work on it. :cheer

How do I post pics? Is it best to use photobucket or some other place or to just put them up in a post? :shrug

Today was cleaning house day, so I've spent it so far ordering my family around (kids home from :school) and monitoring the chores :juggle getting done since I can't bend. :no All I wanted to do was to sit and crochet :hook but I had to pitch in somehow! :think

After my nap, :sleepit's Scarves day. :crocheting

I have a pattern for a No-Sew towel topper. Think I got it at Crochet Pattern Central. You make a little hangy loop under the skirt part and you can change out the towel as needed.

My kitchen swap partner, knitsandknots, ended up making a tunisian towel topper that was interchangeable. I told her I loved my bar mop towels and wouldn't use anything else. lol She made the typical triangular shape with a button and loop at the top to hang in on my oven handle (or a drawer handle, I just don't have any on my drawers) and then she crocheted around two pencils (dowels could also be used) at the bottom, one on the front and one on the back. They were joined on one side and the open side had a button on the front and a loop on the back. I drape my towels over the back bar and button it closed. Ta da! Instant towel topper that I don't have to throw in the washer as frequently as I need to throw my towels in.

I'm feeling rather accomplished today. I have finished the gusset and now I only have the pockets, straps and assembly to finish on the Eight Pocket Tote. I'm so pleased that I got the big parts done before the weekend. There is actually a hope of me getting it done in time! Yay! :cheer

My very first pictures to post!! :clap

Thanks again, Dare2BDifferent!! :nworthy

They are clickable!! I'm so proud of ME! :dance

th_DSCF1745.jpg

inside of tote bag with snaps to close.

th_DSCF1744.jpg

I sewed the tote inside the bag I crocheted.

th_DSCF1742.jpg

lining sewed inside beaded bag.

th_DSCF1741.jpg

beaded hobo bag - the only purse I ever kept I made.

th_DSCF1739.jpg

isn't she a cutie? I especially love her nose!

this was a thread crochet pattern and I used WW.

I have a pattern for a No-Sew towel topper. Think I got it at Crochet Pattern Central. You make a little hangy loop under the skirt part and you can change out the towel as needed.

I'm off to CPC, want to see how to make this....Thanks.

Found it, that is real neat. That is what I make the towel grippers for, full towels, but I use the toppers when I make 1/2 towels, "2 for 1".

We've decided to do the afgan. Something simple, so it won't take all year. It's going to be green and light pink, to match the living room. Not totally positive on the specifics except that I want extended single crochet as the stitch.

I was going to make a pillow for my brother, but it's turned into an afgan. I'm not going to get that done in 2 weeks, so if I make it I'll give it to him for christmas. I'm going to have to see if I can actually come up with a pillow he'd like, and then chart it at a size smaller than 4 yards. (First attempt at chart was HUGE. Don't worry, the planned afgan wouldn't even be that big, I managed to shrink it down by half and, if I made it, it would more of a blanket anyways.)

So here's my updated list:

-Fingerless gloves (45% done)

-Some potholders (1 done, another's yarn has been bought)

-Afgan (Yarn bought, main stitch picked)

-Brother's Pillow (not started)

-Brother's (possible) afgan (not started) - no need to worry until later in the year

This is the Flower Power Poncho I did for my sister (She will look better in the colors than I do, believe me). I had been looking for a way to use the Fancy Fur I bought with her in mind, this is what I came up with.

th_shrug077.jpg

This is the first time I've done clickable (Thanks D2BD!), let's see if it works!

My very first pictures to post!! :clap

Thanks again, Dare2BDifferent!! :nworthy

They are clickable!! I'm so proud of ME! :dance

th_DSCF1745.jpg

inside of tote bag with snaps to close.

th_DSCF1744.jpg

I sewed the tote inside the bag I crocheted.

th_DSCF1742.jpg

lining sewed inside beaded bag.

th_DSCF1741.jpg

beaded hobo bag - the only purse I ever kept I made.

th_DSCF1739.jpg

isn't she a cutie? I especially love her nose!

this was a thread crochet pattern and I used WW.

Aww, she is a real sweetheart, I am very impressed with the beaded bag, is it bead crochet or were beads sewn on afterwards?

Lovely Poncho, Susan. I really enjoy using fun and fancy furs. Some people don't because you can't see the stitches, but I just feel my way along....

I'm in on this one. I have 4 lap robes started, and not finished. I would love to get those done. So that is what I am working on.

greens ripple lap robe

pink and cream ripple lap robe

pink, cream and green huge granny square lap robe

red, black and gray and white varigated (there is a name for this yarn, but I can't think of it right now.)

So I want to finish those by June.

I also have an afghan started, a regular size one, but won't get that done I'm sure...

Patty

on my beaded purse, they were crocheted in as the purse was made

the poncho is super cute!! and I too "feel my way" when using yarns you just can't see the stitches!

Here's my seraphina for my Mom. It's only 1/4 done, but it's looking so nice and she loves it so far!

th_seraphina.jpg

and here's the little bear rug from Marylou's pattern

I had to add it to my WIP list and I did her last night.

When I take a nap and don't want to hear my cell when it vibrates and wakes me, I put my cell on the bear rug and it's nice and quiet and doesn't disturb my naptime!

th_bearrug.jpg

Pics aren't the best, they were sent from my cell phone to email and then transferred to photobucket. My hubbie's on duty and I don't have a clue how to work his camera. Not bad though for a cell pix.

Here's my seraphina for my Mom. It's only 1/4 done, but it's looking so nice and she loves it so far!

th_seraphina.jpg

That's really nice! I bet she can't wait 'til it's done!

We've got 2 squares started for our mother's day afgan. It's hard finding places to work on it though. (most of the house it would be seen, and in our bedroom I tend to fall asleep ;))

I've worked out a simplified graph for my brother's pillow and am 7 rows in. I can't wait to get to the color changes...lol It's going to be bigger than I'd originally hoped for, but much smaller than the original graph.

Hi Kathy! I'm glad you have joined in! Anything you are working on - even if it never gets finished *ahem my circles to squares afghan* - it counts! Are you using a bunch of different patterns?

4 scarves bil's - 2 done but 1 hijacked by hubby lol...so I guess only 1 done

4 scarves sil's - 1 50%

4 scarves daughters family - 1 done

I actually work the scarves lengthwise and play with the colors for the males. I prefer the good ole v stitch, sc and rsc. This is mainly because I love stripes. Got some funky yarn for the women so am still trying to figure out how to work with it. (funky because I've never worked with it before lol) May have to follow a pattern with this stuff.

Archived