Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm posting my list again for this quarter with some additions! It's an ambitious list but it's what I have on my table right now...I'm trying to have a mix of small and large projects so I can mix it up and not get bored.:yes

1. Siobhanna Sweater....have the yarn:yarn

2. Tie Front Sweater....have the yarn:yarn

3. Seraphina Shawl....need yarn:yarn

4. Another Whiz of a Sweater (Big Hook Crochet book...want to try it in a different yarn):yarn

5. Circle to Square Afghan 20%:crocheting

6. Cardi-Shawl (CGOA pattern)....have the yarn:yarn

7. Spring Green Purse...have the yarn:yarn

8. LB Ruffled Stole...5% :crocheting

9. Mango Moon Bag Kit (got for my b'day!) :hook

10. Learn to Knit!:yes

Its the first day of the quarter and here's my updated list (plus I picked up the Spring Issue of Interweave Crochet:clap!!)

1. ABC Blanket II - 33%
  2. Bedspread - 25 - 12 inch squares - 1%
  3. Lil' Monkies Baby Afghan/Seija Hat - still have to buy my yarns!:yarn
  4. LEARN TO KNIT (In progress):
    a. Dishcloth #2 - 30% (I love this yarn colorway! It reminds me of a box of crayons!)
    b. Springy scarf - 5% (practicing my stockinette stitch!)
    c. Socks - havent picked out the pattern or yarn. But its the reason I am learning to knit!
  5. Spring Interweave Crochet Items - Click on the link above if you want to see pictures of these items!:
    a. Arachne's Tears Scarf
    b. Raspberry and Lime Purse
    c. Spring Spiral Hat (to match a scarf)

Like Kim, I am trying to keep some small projects and not go all afghan crazy like I tend to do! :lol

The best part of all, except for the first and third items, there is no deadline, no reason to feel like I am in a rush or I have to get something finished. (Which is why I dont participate in swaps. I did the kitchen one and I did enjoy it, but I dont like a deadline for my hobby! :yes)

Your 'On the Prowl' poncho sounds amazing! It will be really fun to wear. Hope your camera charges...I think the darn things are just temperamental (sp?)sometimes!

Yes, we want to see that poncho!

Kim, your new list looks really impressive!

Yes, we want to see that poncho!

Kim, your new list looks really impressive!

Impressive...or crazy??:goodorbad I guess we'll know by the end of the quarter!:)

I used to drive my son to school everyday but now that he has his license he's driving to school himself....It's a good thing but it makes me a little sad so I'm filling up my time with lots of crochet projects!

LOL, I told hubby it could be alot worse than yarn!!

oK so the Giant Granny Square #1 is completed, finished it friday.... haven't had time to take a pic.... will try thursday (spring semester of school starts tonight... and I also have a class tomorrow so thurs. is my next available day)

I start a list for this new quarter, NOTE: it is subject to change without notification... and I can pretty much guarantee it will change :P

2nd Quater list:

~Finish Giant Granny Square #2: 45%

~Up Down Stitch Afghan (xmas 08): +/-30% yes i'm still working on it

~Baby "STUFF" (there are now 2 expecting mother's close to me):

"stuff" has not been decided at this time, to many patterns to choose from

~dishcloths (train ride filler until baby items are decided)

~At least 2 Fat Bottomed Bags (lined): need quite a few for xmas 08

And that's that..... look forward to updates! :devil

My new list for the 2nd quater

Dolly Parton doll - 65% complete

Mr Bean style bear - 10% complete

NEW - Retro Babette - 20% complete

Sweet Dreams baby blanket - 30% complete

Pink blanket - 75% complete

Green pet blanket - 80% complete

oK so the Giant Granny Square #1 is completed, finished it friday.... haven't had time to take a pic.... will try thursday (spring semester of school starts tonight... and I also have a class tomorrow so thurs. is my next available day)

I start a list for this new quarter, NOTE: it is subject to change without notification... and I can pretty much guarantee it will change :P

2nd Quater list:

~Finish Giant Granny Square #2: 45%

~Up Down Stitch Afghan (xmas 08): +/-30% yes i'm still working on it

~Baby "STUFF" (there are now 2 expecting mother's close to me):

"stuff" has not been decided at this time, to many patterns to choose from

~dishcloths (train ride filler until baby items are decided)

~At least 2 Fat Bottomed Bags (lined): need quite a few for xmas 08

And that's that..... look forward to updates! :devil

I forgot something and the stupid thing won't let me edit it (well it let's me edit it I just can't save it)

so added to my list is:

~Coffee Table Doily: 75%

Hey everybody! I'm back from class and have the energy to give some details and add a little more to my list that was in the first post.

My Second Quarter 2008 List:

1. Project for SP - this is a biggie for me and it's about 20% done. It has to be done by the 8th, so I'm crunching on it.
  2. Another project for SP - this is my instant gratification project to do when I need breaks from number 1 above. I haven't started yet, but I have the pattern and supplies ready to go.
  3. Square for CDBear - I literally need one or two more rounds and this is done. As soon as the sp stuff gets done I will be wrapping this one up.
  4. Knitted Yoga Socks - This is a must for me. Unfortunately my feet get a little sweaty when I practice yoga and that makes for no traction on the mat. Accident waiting to happen.
  5. Lacy Pineapples Pullover for me - This is a gorgeous lacy sleeveless pullover from Crochet! Magazine (I think the Jan/Feb 08 one with the purple and red blanket on the cover). It's made in two pieces and the first one is about half done. I'm using a tightly plied fingering weight wool for this one in a dark chocolate brown (almost looks black it's so dark).
  6. Woodland Tunic for me - Oh my gosh, I'm still drooling over this pattern.
  7. China Doll for me - Since Doris was lovely enough to include lots of shaping information in the pattern, I think I want to try this one. I typically can't pull off mandarin style tops because of being rather busty. If her alterations will accommodate them, I might be able to wear it well. I need to find some affordable sport (2) weight yarn in cotton or cotton blend for this. I'd love to wear it on my vacation in late May.
  8. Ring Around the Posies for me - another beautiful lacy top from the Spring 08 issue of Interweave crochet. I LOVE crocheted lace.
  9. Q Hook Afghan for Mom - yep, the dreaded blanket again. I am pushing to get this done by Mother's day. I've got 5 out of 20 squares completely finished. I have the roses and leaves done for the other 15, just need to do the surrounding squares. It really doesn't take long, it just bores me to tears.
  10. Knitted twinset for my oldest DD - I've got an idea in my head and some yarn on it's way to me to do it. I'm going to be using Red Heart Sport in a serious hot pink color for a tank top and Red Heart SS in a hot pink and red multicolor for a bolero. I figure if I make it for her, next summer her little sister will be able to wear it too.
  11. Q Hook Afghan for Stepdad - I'd like to get this done by Father's Day, but I'm going to try to get it knocked out by the first of June.

It looks like I've got some serious LYS hopping to do and I'm going to have to hit the MD Sheep and Wool I think to get all the yarn I need for my list. lol I have gotten to a point where I'm banning most acrylics for my wearables. If I am taking the time to hand make something, I want it to be nice. I'll still use them for blankets and kids clothes though.

Yep, I'm an overachiever. I will probably only get half of it done. :lol

:lol, no pressure here, I already have 1/3 of my next poncho done, this one is "Am I blue?", right now I am button sewing. I do my projects in conveyor belt style,

1- crochet everything

2- do any machine sewing needed

3- hand sewing

4- pictures then tagging, bagging and stowing in tubs.

I find I get more done this way, since room is so small I can't have sewing and crocheting done at same time. Have to move too much furniture and stuff around.

That is why I do my pics in collage form, All the items are spread on bed, ready to be tagged and bagged, so I grab camera and shoot them all....

My sewing machine has a pile of towels next to it right now, but it was being tempermental too, so I moved on to doing some buttons. Had that bin out last night while putting the beads on the poncho pull strings.

I think all my mechanical stuff is rebeling against me...:lol

:lol, no pressure here, I already have 1/3 of my next poncho done, this one is "Am I blue?", right now I am button sewing. I do my projects in conveyor belt style,

1- crochet everything

3- hand sewing

That's a great method! I wish it would work for me. I find I lose steam if I don't get things finished asap. So I may start a bunch of projects, but then I get a bug up you know where and I kick myself into high gear and crank out one project at a time until they are all done.

That's a great list! Can't wait to see pics of the tops you make!

Thanks! I think I'm going to order the yarn from KnitPicks. They seem to have some of the lowest prices on cotton and cotton blend yarn in colors I like to wear for the tops. And free shipping with minimum purchase, which will not be a problem when buying fiber for 3 tops. lol I'm not done bargain hunting though, so I might end up purchasing somewhere else.

I took my big SP project to my knitting meeting tonight and I got the first big piece done, aww heck, I can say what it is as she doesn't know who I am and this is for the reveal package and she's not part of this CAL/KAL... it's an 8 pocket tote from Lion Brand. I also got the back started and have about 3 inches out of 11 1/2 done on it. I'll work some more on it later tonight. I started it a couple of weeks ago, but got bored with the stitches. Now that I've got a tight deadline I've got some motivation to get it finished. Her wishlist here stated that she wanted a tote bag to carry her crochet projects in. I figure that will do the trick.

I did get the Gourmet Crochet mobius wrap pattern a few weeks back, but since Spring keeps flirting with the idea of showing up, I figure now is not the time to make said wrap. Especially out of wool yarn. lol That will probably get put on my 3rd quarter list just in time for Fall.

1- crochet everything

3- hand sewing

I find I get more done this way, since room is so small I can't have sewing and crocheting done at same time. Have to move too much furniture and stuff around.

Carol, that's a great system! What a good way to get things done.:yes

Thanks! I think I'm going to order the yarn from KnitPicks. They seem to have some of the lowest prices on cotton and cotton blend yarn in colors I like to wear for the tops. And free shipping with minimum purchase, which will not be a problem when buying fiber for 3 tops. lol I'm not done bargain hunting though, so I might end up purchasing somewhere else.

I took my big SP project to my knitting meeting tonight and I got the first big piece done, aww heck, I can say what it is as she doesn't know who I am and this is for the reveal package and she's not part of this CAL/KAL... it's an 8 pocket tote from Lion Brand. I also got the back started and have about 3 inches out of 11 1/2 done on it. I'll work some more on it later tonight. I started it a couple of weeks ago, but got bored with the stitches. Now that I've got a tight deadline I've got some motivation to get it finished. Her wishlist here stated that she wanted a tote bag to carry her crochet projects in. I figure that will do the trick.

I did get the Gourmet Crochet mobius wrap pattern a few weeks back, but since Spring keeps flirting with the idea of showing up, I figure now is not the time to make said wrap. Especially out of wool yarn. lol That will probably get put on my 3rd quarter list just in time for Fall.

I ordered some yarn from Knitpicks in the past and was really pleased with it....I mostly shop from ebay though if I know what yarn I want. I've worn my Mobius Wrap on cooler days but am getting ready to put it away until Fall.

I've seen that tote bag pattern! That's a great gift for your SP.I'm a little burned out after making stuff for my SP partner....

I'm looking forward to seeing how your China Doll Top comes out! I really like that pattern too, but not sure if its something I would actually wear though. I am going to look at nitpicks for some of the patterns from the new interweave crochet issue (and other items on my list).

I have made that 8 pocket tote bag. I use mine everyday to bring my projects (and whatever else) to work with me. I didnt put on the pockets on the end, I figured 6 pockets is enough! You may want to sc the edges of the straps though. Mine started stretching pretty bad so last night I just went around the edges and sc - what a difference!!!!! :c9 It really made the bag feel a lot sturdier!

I'm looking forward to seeing how your China Doll Top comes out! I really like that pattern too, but not sure if its something I would actually wear though. I am going to look at nitpicks for some of the patterns from the new interweave crochet issue (and other items on my list).

I have made that 8 pocket tote bag. I use mine everyday to bring my projects (and whatever else) to work with me. I didnt put on the pockets on the end, I figured 6 pockets is enough! You may want to sc the edges of the straps though. Mine started stretching pretty bad so last night I just went around the edges and sc - what a difference!!!!! :c9 It really made the bag feel a lot sturdier!

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to incorporate that into the bag.

I ordered some yarn from Knitpicks in the past and was really pleased with it....I mostly shop from ebay though if I know what yarn I want. I've worn my Mobius Wrap on cooler days but am getting ready to put it away until Fall.

I've seen that tote bag pattern! That's a great gift for your SP.I'm a little burned out after making stuff for my SP partner....

I'm going to be checking Ebay today sometime around my classes and homework. If I can save a buck, I will. lol

I'm going to be checking Ebay today sometime around my classes and homework. If I can save a buck, I will. lol

I buy alot from Toadal Discount Yarn and EweNeedYarn. Both are very nice sellers, the yarn is fantastic and the sale prices are really good. They also ship very quickly!

Well got the sewing machine working this morning, had to take it apart and clean it. Sewing yarn items tends to add more lint and fuzz than usual. Finished machine sewing and now I am back to button and trim sewing by hand. 12 more buttons and 2 ribbons to go, :lol. Camera dock claims that the camera is all charged, so I may be able to do pics tonight. :remember:photo.

I am just making scarves at the moment...Hope this counts. I'm meeting 8 new inlaws in Europe in 2 mo and am making one each. Also making scarves for daughters family in Europe.

4 scarves bil's - 1 20%

4 scarves sil's - 1 50%

4 scarves daughters family - 1 done

Well got the sewing machine working this morning, had to take it apart and clean it. Sewing yarn items tends to add more lint and fuzz than usual. Finished machine sewing and now I am back to button and trim sewing by hand. 12 more buttons and 2 ribbons to go, :lol. Camera dock claims that the camera is all charged, so I may be able to do pics tonight. :remember:photo.

:clap:clap:clap

I am just making scarves at the moment...Hope this counts. I'm meeting 8 new inlaws in Europe in 2 mo and am making one each. Also making scarves for daughters family in Europe.

4 scarves bil's - 1 20%

4 scarves sil's - 1 50%

4 scarves daughters family - 1 done

Hi! It all counts! We all have big and little projects going...just depends on what you need to get done!

Archived