Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

Do you have any pictures of it??

As a matter of fact, I do!:) I just couldn't get Photobucket to cooperate in getting it posted.:(

It was fun to make. I'm hoping as it gets used the leather will straighten. I think it got crinkled when it was shipped.

Let me know what you think!

mangomoonbag-1.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a matter of fact, I do!:) I just couldn't get Photobucket to cooperate in getting it posted.:(

It was fun to make. I'm hoping as it gets used the leather will straighten. I think it got crinkled when it was shipped.

Let me know what you think!

mangomoonbag-1.jpg

That's really nice!

I love it! I've never seen a crochet bag with leather like that before! How was that done?

The leather and lining of the bag come already assembled. You crochet each side and then attach it to the leather with thread using the holes that are already there. LOL, if I had known how hard that would be, I would have picked the kit with less leather!! It was a fun b'day gift that I would not have bought for myself.

th_DSCF1737.jpg

This is my scarf done in Lion Brand Incredible. It's like ribbon, so it's not for warmth, it's for accessorizing!! Is that a word? Here's my friend posing with it as a belt. Didn't get one of her wearing it around her neck, but it hung a few inches above her waist and added nice color to her outfit.

th_DSCF1736.jpg

I'm hoping to get enough done for Mother's Day presents for my family and friends. I gave my friend the first one I made for her early present.

I get soooo excited when I see a compliment and yours came so quickly!!

Thanks so much!! These little skeins of this yarn/ribbon cost 5.99 and I got mine on clearance for 50 cents!! I bought them all and have enough to make 9 scarves. One down...

1. Shawler....have yarn

2. Siobhanna Sweater....have yarn

3. Removed Tie Front Sweater after reading directions! May add back in later.....

4. Another Whiz of a Sweater (Big Hook Crochet book...want to try it in a lighter yarn)

5. Circle to Square Afghan 20%

6. Chic on a Halfshell Purse...have yarn

7. Lace Tote Bag...have yarn

8. Mango Moon Bag Kit....Finished!:yay

9. Garden Party Wrap pattern by K.Guzman...ordered yarn

10. Chevron Blanket...need yarn

Ongoing....Learn to Knit!

I'm revising again after finishing the Mango Moon bag. The items I have yarn for, I don't feel like making right now, and the items I don't have the yarn for, I'm dying to make! LOL, isn't that always the way......:)

I get soooo excited when I see a compliment and yours came so quickly!!

Thanks so much!! These little skeins of this yarn/ribbon cost 5.99 and I got mine on clearance for 50 cents!! I bought them all and have enough to make 9 scarves. One down...

That's a really good deal on that yarn, and I love the colors of it. I have some myself that I got for a dollar when it was being clearanced at our Michaels, but I haven't used it except for a few rows on a "fun yarn" scarf I've been knitting (just something for when I want to garter stitch).

Here's the start of our mother's day afgan:

mdp-thumb.jpg

I got this picture yesterday so it's a few stripes longer now. In this picture it's at the estimated half way point (I'm guessing a total of 18 stripes). It's made with RHSS and Caron SS. Except for changing color so often, it's a great project to work on when I feel the need for something simple.

I'm a bit hesitant to post the pic of my brother's gift up. Both because I'm working with more color changes than I'm used to and I'm not sure that it looks right, and because he likes to look at the pictures when he walks by...lol But I'll show it anyways.

gbp-thumb.jpg

Since he's a fan of the Indians, it's going to be the team name/logo thingy. It's made with RHSS in blue and red, with an F hook. It's really tight with the SC, but once I get into it I don't have too many problems. It's going to be a square pillow, and it'll by 18" x 18" when it's done. When I'm done crocheting it I'm going to outline the letters in white. Not sure what I'm going to do about the back. I only have until the 18th to finish it though so it has top priorety right now.

When I'm carrying the other color through (just on short distances, for the long ones I cut and re-attach later) it's really hard to keep it from showing through. Any tips?

Your projects look so nice! I don't like carrying yarn over because it shows through, so unfortunately, I have no suggestions for that. I only have compliments for the work you've done so far on these 2 projects! :cheer

Thanks! I can't wait to finish the first square for the afgan so we can figure out how many we need to make. And the pillow is the only thing that kept me awake in accounting today...lol I really hate that class, but as long as I'm paying attention it doesn't matter what I'm actually doing (and as long as I stop and do the problems he wants us to do, of course). The strands really only show through minorly in a few places, but I am a hopeless perfectionist. I've started stranding it along the back if it's longer than a few stitches but too short to cut and reattach...lol

Just wanted to tell you about the neat day I had yesterday. I homeschool my son through a charter and the students had to take a state test yesterday and Monday. I went shopping on Monday while he was there and found Lion Brand Suede in Spice for $.99/skein at Ollie's and Jungle Fancy Fur for $1! I am so excited!!! Want to make a hooded jacket with it. Any suggestions on patterns? Anyway, I knew yesterday would be a shorter day so I decided to stick around, work on a poncho, and talk to some of the other moms. I pull out my crochet and one Mom says, "Ooo, a fellow crocheter! and she whips out her project. Then another comes in and said, "Hey I brought my crochet. too!" We all had elementary age kids and talked about how we are able to crochet while sitting there keeping the kids on track when we aren't able to do much else :lol. Then I walked upstairs where alot of the high school mothers were and there was someone else crocheting, and she was carrying it in the same bag I was carrying! I just felt that was awesome. Really neat experience for me. Thanks for letting me share :manyheart.

The leather and lining of the bag come already assembled. You crochet each side and then attach it to the leather with thread using the holes that are already there. LOL, if I had known how hard that would be, I would have picked the kit with less leather!! It was a fun b'day gift that I would not have bought for myself.

Thats pretty neat! I like it!

1st layette completed, it was a girl's set, have started on 2nd set for boy.

received news that DSIL passed on this AM, very emotional time, so may not be on site for a while.

Everyone's projects are lovely. Til we meet again, :hug, :manyheart

received news that DSIL passed on this AM, very emotional time, so may not be on site for a while.

I'm so sorry for your loss, you and your family are in my thoughts:hug

Carol, I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL! You and your family our in my thoughts.:hug

You and your family are in my thoughts. We will miss your company here and eagerly await your return. :hug

Project Update:

I got both SP projects done the night before I had to send them out. So I stayed up until 2 AM crocheting. :eek Anyway, they both came out great and I ended up making the 8 pocket tote into a 6 pocket tote and taking the two side pockets and sc'ing them together on 3 sides to make a crochet hook case that matches. I filled the bag and sent it off on Tuesday. I photographed it and will post photos after my pal gets it.

I also finished CDBear's squares and got them mailed out today. I didn't take pics of those. I always forget to photograph the squares I make.

Oh, wow, now I can cast on my Yoga socks. Good times! :lol I'm anxious and scared of DPN's. :blush

Everybody's projects look and sound great! It's obvious that we have begun this quarter with gusto. I'm impressed. :D Way to go everyone! :cheer

Archived