Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

Here's my revised list for this week:

1. Shawler ( http://shelledan.etsy.com )...have yarn:yarn

2. Siobhanna Sweater....have the yarn:yarn

3. Tie Front Sweater....have the yarn:yarn

4. Another Whiz of a Sweater (Big Hook Crochet book...want to try it in a different yarn)

5. Circle to Square Afghan 20%:crocheting

6. Cardi-Shawl (CGOA pattern)....have the yarn:yarn

7. Spring Green Purse...have the yarn:yarn

8. Mango Moon Bag Kit 75% :crocheting

9. Learn to Knit!

10. SWS Eyelet Beanie...Finished!:yay

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I got so much done last quarter, that I decided I'm back for another one. I still need to take picture's of my project's that was done last quarter. A couple of shawl's I shipped without taking pictures of them. OOP's Didn't mean for that to happen. Anyway, here is my list for this quarter.

Care Bear Afghan ~ Care Bear CAL ~ I have 54 row's to crochet before cross-stitching begin's

Rectangle Granny Afghan ~ 50%

Baby Blanket ~ 0%

Prayer Shawl for neice ~ 10%

Prayer Shawl for self ~ 0%

That's it for right now. I know I'll get more done than that I hope.

Blessings,

Lynn

Here's my seraphina for my Mom. It's only 1/4 done, but it's looking so nice and she loves it so far!

th_seraphina.jpg

and here's the little bear rug from Marylou's pattern

I had to add it to my WIP list and I did her last night.

When I take a nap and don't want to hear my cell when it vibrates and wakes me, I put my cell on the bear rug and it's nice and quiet and doesn't disturb my naptime!

th_bearrug.jpg

Pics aren't the best, they were sent from my cell phone to email and then transferred to photobucket. My hubbie's on duty and I don't have a clue how to work his camera. Not bad though for a cell pix.

Awww, she is cute....Love the Seraphina colors, so soothing and blend so nicely.....

Everyone is eagerly starting the new quarter it seems. I just finished the tie front top (used Holiday yarn in cream and gold) and have started a baby sweater, well not really baby, it's a 2T size. Using a pastel variegated pompadour yarn. Going back to crocheting and housework, trying to stay busy, DSIL has been given only 2 more weeks. She is being moved to a Hospice today. So hard to just sit and think and wait. Can't do much here in PA when she is in CA.

Lovely Poncho, Susan. I really enjoy using fun and fancy furs. Some people don't because you can't see the stitches, but I just feel my way along....

I have my own little trick with fun and fancy furs. I use a sportweight or fingering yarn with it and it makes for easy crocheting of these fun yarns.

:hug to you, HappyOldCro, about your DSIL.

:clap great trick, Kathy, about using some yarn with furry yarns to see stitches!

I was in a lot of pain today :angry so I haven't crochet at all yet. I just got up from a 2 hour nap so hopefully I'll get some work done now.

I have finally added some photo's to my blog. It is my homeschool blog, but I have a section I use for my crafting. It's called My Sewing Basket, you are welcome to check it out. It is my blog, I use another user ID over there.

Blessings,

Lynn

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/mcgyver959701/My+Sewing+Basket/

My very first pictures to post!! :clap

Thanks again, Dare2BDifferent!! :nworthy

They are clickable!! I'm so proud of ME! :dance

th_DSCF1745.jpg

inside of tote bag with snaps to close.

th_DSCF1744.jpg

I sewed the tote inside the bag I crocheted.

th_DSCF1742.jpg

lining sewed inside beaded bag.

th_DSCF1741.jpg

beaded hobo bag - the only purse I ever kept I made.

th_DSCF1739.jpg

isn't she a cutie? I especially love her nose!

this was a thread crochet pattern and I used WW.

Cute little doll and I love the beaded purse!! Great work!

Here's my seraphina for my Mom. It's only 1/4 done, but it's looking so nice and she loves it so far!

th_seraphina.jpg

and here's the little bear rug from Marylou's pattern

I had to add it to my WIP list and I did her last night.

When I take a nap and don't want to hear my cell when it vibrates and wakes me, I put my cell on the bear rug and it's nice and quiet and doesn't disturb my naptime!

th_bearrug.jpg

Pics aren't the best, they were sent from my cell phone to email and then transferred to photobucket. My hubbie's on duty and I don't have a clue how to work his camera. Not bad though for a cell pix.

The seraphina is looking great! I like those colors! And that bear is adorable! How big is it?

I finally got a picture of my finished blanket from last quarter. I've already posted it up in the show off section, so I'll just post a link here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75805

I have finally added some photo's to my blog. It is my homeschool blog, but I have a section I use for my crafting. It's called My Sewing Basket, you are welcome to check it out. It is my blog, I use another user ID over there.

Blessings,

Lynn

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/mcgyver959701/My+Sewing+Basket/

Nila that blanket looks so warm and cuddly and Lynn I love those Care Bear blankets! I wish I had a niece to make stuff like that for - my nephews wouldn't care for that as much!

My bf and I took a trip to Baltimore to see some friends (the mom to be and future recipient of ABC II) Saturday so, even in the dark on the way back, I got a good 2 1/2 hours of crocheting in! :hook

I have wanted some fingerless gloves for awhile and I have very small wrists (I'm talking a 4 inch circumference) so patterns are always huge on me! The other night I decided to just make one and then took some yarn and seamed it to make it nice and snug. Then I counted the stitches on each row before the seam, wrote the number down and used that as my pattern... and it actually worked! :clap So I have one down and one to go.

I also made some progress on the ABC II and I started the Raspberry Lime purse. I am using a dark teal color in place of the lime and black for the raspberry color. I am also using some wool and a bigger hook so that I can felt it! I am trying to get it done by this weekend so I can give it to my sister for her birthday on Sunday.

Here's my list, updated for this week.

1. ABC Blanket II - 50% (20 out of 30 squares completed; plus sewing together and adding the border)
  2. Bedspread - 25 - 12 inch squares - 1%
  3. Lil' Monkies Baby Afghan/Seija Hat - still have to buy my yarns!
  4. Fingerless Gloves/Hand warmers – 50%
  5. LEARN TO KNIT (In progress):
    a. Dishcloth #2 - 40% (I love this yarn colorway! It reminds me of a box of crayons!)
    b. Socks - havent picked out the pattern or yarn. But its the reason I am learning to knit!
  6. Spring Interweave Crochet Items:
    a. Arachne's Tears Scarf
    b. Raspberry and Lime Purse – 10%
    c. Spring Spiral Hat (to match a scarf)

I have my own little trick with fun and fancy furs. I use a sportweight or fingering yarn with it and it makes for easy crocheting of these fun yarns.

Good idea Kathy. I like it when it is all furry. It depends on what I make as to how fuzzy I want it to be. It is important also, to remember to use a big hook. Makes pulling it through so simple. :hook

Nila that blanket looks so warm and cuddly and Lynn I love those Care Bear blankets! I wish I had a niece to make stuff like that for - my nephews wouldn't care for that as much!

It is. It was a bit too warm last night to use it though...

You have a cute blog Lynn, homeschooling has always been so interesting to me.

Do you sell the prayer shawls through your blog, or do you have a shoppe online? I would love to have one if you are interested in selling one.

Good idea Kathy. I like it when it is all furry. It depends on what I make as to how fuzzy I want it to be. It is important also, to remember to use a big hook. Makes pulling it through so simple. :hook

That's so true!!

Archived