Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a pic of my Whiz of a Sweater from the Big Hook Crochet Book.

Kim

WhizofaSweater003.jpg

Very nice, I like the colours!

I havn't done much from my list, have started to make some clothes for the Dolly Parton doll, that's about it really, have been working on Sp stuff.

Here's a pic of my Whiz of a Sweater from the Big Hook Crochet Book.

Kim

WhizofaSweater003.jpg

Oh.. wow! I love it, Kim. What yarn did you use on this? If you posted before about the yarn, forgive me for being impatient and not wanting to read backdated posts. :lol Oh.. and...

PEEPS!!!!!

I love peeps! :lol

Very nice, I like the colours!

I havn't done much from my list, have started to make some clothes for the Dolly Parton doll, that's about it really, have been working on Sp stuff.

Dolly Parton doll??? This I've gotta see. :lol

I think I need to get on board here for the second quarter. I have been :lurk and following your progress here for the first quarter and now think I need to join up too. I have too many WIP and need to get them done (and want to start more stuff too of course) :help I should have joined in January but ... Now I will. I'll compile my list and get it posted for the beginning of Q2 :yay

Awesome! Do join us. We look forward to seeing what you can accomplish with your own little cheering section motivating you here. :cheer

~Relynn

Ok, well, I got nothing crocheted since my last update, but I am 3 rows shy of finishing a knitted item for my secret pal. It'll get done tomorrow. I'm focusing on her gifts now because I want to send out a reveal package asap and get the swap over with so I can start signing up for more swaps. :lol I've become a complete addict. *twitch* I need my new swap fix. *twitch*

Oh.. wow! I love it, Kim. What yarn did you use on this? If you posted before about the yarn, forgive me for being impatient and not wanting to read backdated posts. :lol Oh.. and...

PEEPS!!!!!

I love peeps! :lol

It's Noro Iro, a wool/silk blend. I may make another with the same yarn in a darker colorway.

LOL, thanks for noticing my peeps!!

Kim

That is so nice Kim, looks like a fuzzy kind of yarn, fuzzy and warm.

I finished my purse, at least the crocheted parts. Now I have to do sewing to finish it.

Pics coming on this Friday, if camera cooperates.

That is so nice Kim, looks like a fuzzy kind of yarn, fuzzy and warm.

I finished my purse, at least the crocheted parts. Now I have to do sewing to finish it.

Pics coming on this Friday, if camera cooperates.

Thanks Carol! Look forward to seeing pics when you're done!

Kim

You are welcome Kim. While on my hunt for 2" rings, I was checking out Walmart, got my rings and "had" to check out the clearance stuff. Found a thick book of beginners crocheted clothing patterns (shipped it right off to my grand daughter) for $5, and a package of 8 of the most unique gold tone buttons, one of which was a big gold fan. Of course I grabbed that (only 1.00) so you know it is going on my newly made purse, :lol. Also got a few more buttons and trims from the clearance section, and two clothing leaflets for me.

But I was good and kept true to the stashbusting Cal. No Yarn.

I think I will give this a try. I'm pretty new here, less than a month, and am still trying to figure out abbreviations, projects, etc. (By the way is there a thread with abbreviation explanations anywhere?? I moderate a neurology board and have a sticky abbreviation thread at the top of every forum; it's really helpful for newbies.)

I hope I do this right! Please let me know if I don't! :)

CAL 2nd quarter projects:

Caps for hospital's NICU and the school distribution program

Socks

Felted coin purse for daughter

Felted potholders

Dishcloths and dishtowels

You are welcome Kim. While on my hunt for 2" rings, I was checking out Walmart, got my rings and "had" to check out the clearance stuff. Found a thick book of beginners crocheted clothing patterns (shipped it right off to my grand daughter) for $5, and a package of 8 of the most unique gold tone buttons, one of which was a big gold fan. Of course I grabbed that (only 1.00) so you know it is going on my newly made purse, :lol. Also got a few more buttons and trims from the clearance section, and two clothing leaflets for me.

But I was good and kept true to the stashbusting Cal. No Yarn.

I admire your willpower! You got some great deals too...gotta love that kind of shopping!:clap

Kim

I have decided to join this CAL/KAL and have listed what I plan to get done in my siggy below! I know there's something I'm forgetting, but I'll update it as I go along!

Now to finish up the projects I've been working on so I can start fresh on Monday, along with this semester's college courses!

I think I will give this a try. I'm pretty new here, less than a month, and am still trying to figure out abbreviations, projects, etc. (By the way is there a thread with abbreviation explanations anywhere?? I moderate a neurology board and have a sticky abbreviation thread at the top of every forum; it's really helpful for newbies.)

I hope I do this right! Please let me know if I don't! :)

CAL 2nd quarter projects:

Caps for hospital's NICU and the school distribution program

Socks

Felted coin purse for daughter

Felted potholders

Dishcloths and dishtowels

Welcome to the group!!!You can do it however you want! We are a pretty laid back group! As far as abbreviations go, I haven't seen a thread around here (doesn't mean that there isn't one!) but if you search online for crochet abbreviations, you should be able to find a list. I'll PM you with a link I have. I tried posting it in the message, but kept getting a bunch of ***** through most of the link. :think

Here's my tentative list for next quarter (subject to change without notice):hook:

1. Siobhanna Sweater (Gourmet Crochet pattern)

2. Tie Front Sweater (Positively Crochet pattern)

3. Seraphina Shawl

4. Another Whiz of a Sweater (Big Hook Crochet book...want to try it in a different yarn)

5. And let's not forget the dreaded Circle to Square Afghan that didn't get finished last quarter. (Love the pattern, hate the joining!)

6. Cardi-Shawl (CGOA pattern)

This is just a partial list...I have so many things bookmarked right now I can't remember what I had planned! I do know I'll have the Pamelyn Shrug finished before the new quarter starts.:yay

Is anyone else having problems with links? I PM'd Donna on it - I'm sure its a user error:P but I tried to PM the link for abbreviations to Schmetterling but I still got a bunch of *************.

I haven't done links much....did you try posting the link and then seeing if it still works, even with the ****? I think the 'ville server sometimes shortens or abbreviates some links but they still work.

I have decided to join this CAL/KAL and have listed what I plan to get done in my siggy below! I know there's something I'm forgetting, but I'll update it as I go along!

Now to finish up the projects I've been working on so I can start fresh on Monday, along with this semester's college courses!

Hi and welcome Suzanne. No rush, we won't pressure you, we are here together to help motivate and cheer each other on. I saw you are doing a layette. I just love doing them. What pattern are you planning on? I have one on my April to do list too. I have narrowed my list down to one of 5 patterns, I am concentrating on sets without blankets.

Here's my tentative list for next quarter (subject to change without notice):hook:

1. Siobhanna Sweater (Gourmet Crochet pattern)

2. Tie Front Sweater (Positively Crochet pattern)

3. Arizona Poncho (this one may or may not happen...depends on if I like the yarn I got for it)

4. Another Whiz of a Sweater (Big Hook Crochet book...want to try it in a different yarn)

5. And let's not forget the dreaded Circle to Square Afghan that didn't get finished last quarter. (Love the pattern, hate the joining!)

This is just a partial list...I have so many things bookmarked right now I can't remember what I had planned! I do know I'll have the Pamelyn Shrug finished before the new quarter starts.:yay

Wow Kim that is quite a list!! I just got a few new pamhlets and books in mail, (Thank You Ellen)in addition to my buys yesterday, so I know I will be adding one or two wearables to my new list, since the purse is done. I just need to decide which ones, I love them all.

Wow Kim that is quite a list!! I just got a few new pamhlets and books in mail, (Thank You Ellen)in addition to my buys yesterday, so I know I will be adding one or two wearables to my new list, since the purse is done. I just need to decide which ones, I love them all.

LOL, it will be fun to see if I actually get it done! I'm trying to use up yarn I have and patterns I already own rather than buying anything new right now. We'll see how far I get....

I really liked making that last sweater so I'm feeling braver about the wearables. What patterns are you considering?

I may be cutting it close but I and two rounds of single crochet away from finishing my Giant Granny Square Afghan #1 :clap :clap it should be finished this quarter.... maybe (crosses fingers) even tonight ;),

I do believe the second one will continue into the next quarter.... maybe I'll work on my second quarter's list tonight too!!!

I guess it about time to declare my projects for the 2nd Quarter! I will finish a shawl for me, make my first round ripple, and a pair of wrist warmers for my sister to wear at her computer. Thats all I can think of for now. May add more later. We're going to be very busy in May so I may not get through it all.

Archived