Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

I finished my winter hat today. :cheer I started on the same hat I made for my mother, but decided I wanted something just a little different, so I winged it and made my own brimmed hat with a ribbon hat band. I'll be posting pictures and drafting a pattern for it to be tested by others within the next few days.

Now I'm off to decide on a scarf pattern to match my new hat. :D I might end up winging it too. I love the ribbon I chose for the hat and would like to incorporate it into the scarf as well.

Have a great evening everyone!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finished my winter hat today. :cheer I started on the same hat I made for my mother, but decided I wanted something just a little different, so I winged it and made my own brimmed hat with a ribbon hat band. I'll be posting pictures and drafting a pattern for it to be tested by others within the next few days.

Now I'm off to decide on a scarf pattern to match my new hat. :D I might end up winging it too. I love the ribbon I chose for the hat and would like to incorporate it into the scarf as well.

Have a great evening everyone!

Sounds interesting, looking forward to the pics, I worked on making a design for my kitchen rug today. Only crocheted a swatch for measurements, but should be working on it tomorrow. Just a simple check pattern, nothing fancy. :yes:yarn:crocheting

I'm almost finished the cotton shawl I'm making from the Lion Brand pattern! I think it should be done by Thursday and I'll post pics. :cheer

Carol, I'll let you know how many skeins of the Patons Grace I use for it. So far I've used 8 skeins and I have about 12 more rows to go plus the border. It looks like it may end up using 10-12 skeins all together.:yes

Kim

Well, I'm not doing so hot on the CAL. I had to frog my scrap afghan and I'm back to where I was before. (I read the pattern wrong, grrr).

I haven't worked on my other afghan. :eek

I did finally get my materials totally ready for the scarf and should have it finished in the next week.

I've been designing my own butterfly square based on the one off of Ebay in another post. (((the butterfly kisses pattern)))) I think I have one I like!!!!! I'll post my prototype later. But that's my other WIP now. I want to do at least a 4 square practice piece to figure out how I want to join the squares and what edging to use. :hookI didn't really like the lacey, holey join and edging that the other lady did on the ebay piece. I wanted something a little more solid. I figured out how to start my square on the back of the butterfly and work the bottom of the butterfly into the square. It makes sense if you see it. I like the way it came out becuase the backside is still a solid sqare since it was not stitched on separately.

I was going to attach a pic, but every time I try it's huge, even though I resized it really small. I'll try again later.:angry

I'm almost finished the cotton shawl I'm making from the Lion Brand pattern! I think it should be done by Thursday and I'll post pics. :cheer

Carol, I'll let you know how many skeins of the Patons Grace I use for it. So far I've used 8 skeins and I have about 12 more rows to go plus the border. It looks like it may end up using 10-12 skeins all together.:yes

Kim

Thanks Kim, I really am eager to do it...

Well, I'm not doing so hot on the CAL. I had to frog my scrap afghan and I'm back to where I was before. (I read the pattern wrong, grrr).

I haven't worked on my other afghan. :eek

So very frustrating when that happens...

I'm sorry your afghan test didn't turn out well. Would you mind posting a pic so I can see how it did turn out? If you don't want to, I can understand. I'll be very interested in seeing your rug. What pattern are you using? Or are you going to design it yourself? I need to make a rug for my kitchen too and I've started collecting patterns for inspiration.:crocheting

I will post one, I think it was the yarn I was using, but I really need to use up the baby yarn odds and ends and thought this would be a good way to do it.

I am designing my own rug, and attempting to write it down, my first try at this. I made a chart on graph paper, and now I am writing the steps down as I go. Writing patterns is harder than it looks, so I am gaining a new respect for those who do this. I always used graph charts for things I made, for my own personal use. But trying to put it on paper for others to understand is something else....

Ok I have an update, even if just slight!

Baby's ABC Blanket - row 46 of 167!

Purple and White Striped Baby Blanket - frogged twice (I didnt like either pattern) and now redoing in just 2 rows purple dc and 2 rows white dc. I'll figure out some sort of border to go with it.

Heather the Hippo - head and ears are done and stuffed.

8 Pocket Tote CAL - the back panel is finished, have done about 5 rows on the front panel

Pet blanket for the Snuggles Project - Maybe 1/3 of the way done. I havent worked on it since last week (I'm feeling guilty!), so I'm not really sure.

Not doing so good on my list. I got completely distracted by another pattern, and I've been working on it like mad. You see, I discovered the Diagonal Box Stitch, which I had initially been looking at for the blue baby blanket on my WIP list. Well, the lady who wants the blue blanket didn't like the yarn I started with, so I had to scrap that idea. Then I decided to play with the stitch using Homespun....uh oh. I've not worked on anything since. I'm trying to decide if I want to finish it off as a shawl, or square it up for a throw. I guess I'll just have to wait for it to tell me....

Woohoo! I finished my City Girl Cap yesterday. I also cranked out a hat for DH to keep his head warm in the mornings. I used the Sedona pattern Boyfriend version in green with blue and off-white trim. I'll try to post pix later today, depending on how the schedule works out.

1. Queen-size Ripple Afghan (commissioned project - deadline 3/16/08) - 10% done Ugh! I had to frog it. :( Not wide enough. Starting over this weekend. 0%

2. 20 Warm Up America sections - 2/20

3. Valentines projects - 3 heart motifs done, filet heart 50% done, ditty bag 0%, filet gift bag 0%, Rows of Hearts Doily 0%

4. City Girl Cap (for me :D) - 100% done

5. Through Any Window Baby Blanket - starting today

Your square is really cute. And that baby pic on your blog is :laughroll. Great job designing the square. One day when an idea hits me I hope I can do as good as you. And your hubby had great ideas to. Can't wait to see the finished product.!:yay

I posted the picture of my butterfly square on my blog. :)

http://davisgang.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-pattern.html

That is such an awesome square! I'd love the pattern if you care to share. My dd's love butterflies. I'd love to make a couple of bedspreads out of them. :hook

On the topic of my projects, I had an appointment today with my counselor (I've got depression and she's my life boat) and she just about fell over when she saw my new hat. She commissioned me right on the spot to make one for her to give to her mother. So I'll be adding that to my list. It's got a quick deadline, but it's an easy hat to make. It took me 3 hours to make and finish.

Great job getting stuff done. I am slowly finishing some of my stuff but it is for a friend that is on the ville so I can't divulge much. From what I know you can add and take away all you want. We are just all here to be cheerleaders so we can get these projects done. Great job and good luck! :cheer:cheer:cheer

I got 3 of my thngs done today!!! I'm so excited! I was even able to make an extra amigurumi cupcake for for my MIL's b-day tomorrow!

Am I aloud to add to my list? lol!

Please do add to your list at your own leisure. This is a cheering squad CAL/KAL. It's just to keep us motivated so we don't have mounds of WIPs taking up space in our homes in various stages of completion. I'm so guilty of that. lol

I finished another wedge on the hat yesterday. Only one more to go!

Apart from that though, I've been rather distracted by a few ideas I've had...lol But I was planning on working on my blanket today.

I finished my cotton shawl yesterday!! Very happy about that happening. It's very cloudy today so I won't be able to get a good pic...I'll plan on posting a pic on Friday!

Now I need to revise my list....

Kim

Here is my revised list for this week!

1. Circle to Square Afghan 20%

2. Fun Circles Bag 25%

3. Lace Cotton Shawl 100% Finished!:yay

4. Patons Brilliant Shawl 5%

5. Squares for Warm Up America 0%

6. Tea & Sympathy Shawl 2% Remove from list! (hated pattern & yarn):ohdear

7. Flowers for Aryn Shawl (hope to get yarn this weekend)

8. Learn to Knit!! (apparently when it comes to knitting I have two left hands and no thumbs...I'm terrible at it!! LOL) 2%:blush

Adding to list:

1. Boboletta Cocoon Jacket by Gourmet Crochet.

2. Scrap blankets for our dogs

Kim

Well I got several rows done on the shawl for my friend's daughter last night so that is moving along. My friend will be away for about 3 weeks so I have some time to get it done yet.

For Thankful Thursday today I plan to get some of those edges/borders done on the pet snugglies (square tries) that need something more...

Still plugging away. :wlol

Ok so I've been reading this CAL for days now and well I think it's high time I join... I've got a bunch of stuff going and need motivation to get them done. I'll have a partial list for now with modification/additions to come...

1. Alternating V-Shell lap-ghan: +/- 25%

2. Up-Down Stitch Afghan: +/- 20%

3. Heart Scarf (idea borrowed from Valentines CAL): 85%

4. 4.5hr Afghan: 15%

5. Baby Bib: 10%

6. 2 sets baby booties: 0%

7. 2 baby hats: 0%

8. Snowflakes (snowflake monday cal): 0/52

ok I think that's what I've got for now. I've never set my self a deadline for so many things at once, hope this works!!!

Ok so I've been reading this CAL for days now and well I think it's high time I join... I've got a bunch of stuff going and need motivation to get them done. I'll have a partial list for now with modification/additions to come...

ok I think that's what I've got for now. I've never set my self a deadline for so many things at once, hope this works!!!

Welcome and jump right in! I am constantly adding and deleting and modifying my list so no big deal if you have changes. As some one said earlier the is about cheerleading, not winning a contest!

Sara

Welcome to the CAL/KAL! I look forward to seeing the results of your list. Don't overwhelm yourself. Baby steps work best. Some of us specify certain days to work on certain projects and other just do one or two until they are done then move on. Just do what comes easiest to you.

Good luck completing your list! :hook

Hello,

I've been lurking for a few days on this one and thought it would be great for me to join. I'm determined to get a few Christmas gifts made early this year. And this would be great for me.

Here is my list:

Shawl for DN1: 0% (need to pick up some blue yarn)

Shawl for DN2: 0% ( need to pick up some lavander yarn)

Shawl for self: 0%

Light and Lacy afghan: 65% (color: blue ridge)

Prayer shawl for secret sister: Completed 1/10 (in lavander and ocean)

Many Blessings,

Lynn

Archived