Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

Thanks Kim, I just printed it up, one question, is the 4 balls required the same amount for using Grace? I know you haven't finished, but when you do can you let me know?

I would like to do it in the Champagne color, but just want to know if I have enough in my stash. It looks nice, and would be great for a cool spring or summer evening.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

th_HPIM0656.jpg

th_HPIM0655.jpg

The Boucle lap ghan, when it was at 50%. and a close up to show the stitches use, V stitch and double crochet. I didn't want to have to border or fringe it, so I used a pattern I created to make it faster. It is a 2 strander.

I love the lapghan! The V-stitch edges are great!

Thanks Kim, I just printed it up, one question, is the 4 balls required the same amount for using Grace? I know you haven't finished, but when you do can you let me know?

I would like to do it in the Champagne color, but just want to know if I have enough in my stash. It looks nice, and would be great for a cool spring or summer evening.

I just looked up the Lion Brand cotton yarn they are using and it has 400 yds per skein and the pattern calls for 4 skeins. You do the entire pattern with 2 strands together. I have 8 skeins of the Patons. I'm halfway thru the pattern and so far have used about 4 skeins. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend and I'll let you exactly how much it takes.

Now I wish I had bought more of the yarn when it was on sale at Michaels! I really love how it works up.

I think the shawl will be gorgeous in the Champagne color!!

Kim

Thanks Suzy, do you mind me asking what a "felted hook holder" is?

I'm not Suzy, but I can post a link to a felted hook holder. Berroco has a pattern for one that I've seen others post FO pictures of here. http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/kluster/kluster.html

If Suzy isn't using that one, I'd love to see the pattern she is using.

I got the last scarf made for my step kids tonight. YAY!!! Pics will be posted tomorrow. I also started on my grandmother's doily. Thread is um... interesting to work with. lol It's my first time using it.

I finished the skirt and made a matching shirt to go with it (click the pics for big versions):

dolloutfit-smaller.jpg

dolloutfit2-small.jpg

They turned out really good in my opinion, and my sister really liked it.

And since I'm not going to waste an opportunity to use my on of my sisters' digital camera, here's the rest of my WIPs:

blanket-small.jpg

My blanket. As you can see, I'm really close.

hat-small.jpg

The hat. 5/8 there! I'm thinking about giving it to a good friend of mine for his birthday at the end of march. The color's not perfect in the photo, but it gives a good idea.

vest-small.jpg

And here's the partially completed back of my vest. I love the simple eyelet pattern, it's so pretty.

sb-inprog-small.jpg

And finally, a small spongebob toy I am making. The body is about the size of a tictac box.

By the way, just a question: What does FO stand for? :huh

I finished the skirt and made a matching shirt to go with it (click the pics for big versions):

dolloutfit-smaller.jpg

dolloutfit2-small.jpg

They turned out really good in my opinion, and my sister really liked it.

By the way, just a question: What does FO stand for? :huh

That's adorable!! And I believe FO is 'finished object'.

Kim

I'm in! This will be my first CAL. :)

First Quarter:

1. Afghan for hubby 5% completed

2. Baby afghan for friend-in development

3. scarf for friend's todder-have the yarn, not started

4. slippers for the girls-searching for patterns in their size

5. scrap afghan to use up some stash-started foundation row

I'm not Suzy, but I can post a link to a felted hook holder. Berroco has a pattern for one that I've seen others post FO pictures of here. http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/kluster/kluster.html

If Suzy isn't using that one, I'd love to see the pattern she is using.

I got the last scarf made for my step kids tonight. YAY!!! Pics will be posted tomorrow. I also started on my grandmother's doily. Thread is um... interesting to work with. lol It's my first time using it.

Duh, boy am I slow lately, :lol, I just didn't think of crochet hooks :hook.

Finally finished off and wrapped the Boucle ghan up. That is another off my list, but I am adding a crochet rug for my kitchen. Forgot about it when doing original list, and I really need it cause the size I want is looooong and narrow.

Thanks for the link Relynn, I kept thinking how could a felted hook be strong enought to hold anything? :lol. My mind was really off line.

Very cute CPK clothes nila, we can see you have been a busy person...

Welcome aboard Robin

Welcome Robin! This is a fun CAL and helps you to get alot done too!

I decided to revise my list every Friday to help me stay on track, so here's my latest:

1. Circle to Square Afghan 20%

2. Fun Circles Bag 25%

3. Lace Cotton Shawl 60%

4. Patons Brilliant Shawl 5%

5. Squares for Warm Up America 0%

6. Tea & Sympathy Shawl 2%

7. Flowers for Aryn Shawl (hope to get yarn this weekend)

8. Learn to Knit!! (apparently when it comes to knitting I have two left hands and no thumbs...I'm terrible at it!! LOL) 2%

And I didn't put it on the list yet but at some point I plan to do a wearable with sleeves. I have several patterns and the yarn but I still seem to be having my sleeve phobia and keep putting off making them. So even if I only do it once, I'm going to make something with sleeves!! LOL

Kim

I just love the WIPs you guys have shown so far! I had to change pages really fast when I saw the SpongeBob... my 3 yo DD is obsessed with him and if she saw him she'd spend the rest of the day saying "Mommy, you'll make me a SpongeBob?" lol The V stitch edged blanket was great too! I'm going to have to use that trick one day.

Welcome, Robin! We all seem to be having a good time chit chatting and getting projects finished. Hope you have a blast too!

The 5 1/2 hour doily (on FreePatterns.com - check out my Ravelry notebook for more pattern info) is super easy now that I'm getting the hang of how to work with thread. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. I just had to adjust my tension. I tend to barely hold on to yarn at all... so my stitches with thread were WAY loose. lol I just finished up row 5 out of 13, so it's coming along quickly. I'm still not that comfortable with the steel hook, the balance of it is different than the larger hooks I use. It's heavier in the back so I'm having to hold it a little differently. I'm sure I'll get used to it with practice though.

I'll be doing pics this afternoon while the girls are sleeping and I don't have to worry about them running off with the stuff I'm photographing.

I would also like to attempt a sweater that's in a new book I bought. (I'm at work and the name escapes me) I have never made a wearable, and I don't know if it will make it into this quarter. But It's on my "before the end of the year" list. (which is growing by the second) :lol

I got some done on my prairie star ghan (for my Aunt) and some on the shawl for the daughter of a friend who has breast cancer.

Friendly Friday is working so far.

I didn't get a lot of crochet done this week at all. I guess I just needed a break for a bit.

Will join you all in this one, have been meaning to get more organized with my WIP's and was also thinking about doing the same as Darski and adopting Juile's old sky cal rules where you work on certain projects on certain days.

I found I got more done that way, I have loads to finish and loads I want to start.

If we finish all our allocated WIP's b4 the quarter ends, can we add new one's?

Here's my list for the 1st quarter

Dad's afghan -97% complete

Chester's blanket - 85% complete

Halebop's blanket - 65% complete

Hook case - 90% complete

Dolly Parton doll - 60% complete

Spike stitch bag - 85% complete

Mr Bean style bear - 10% complete

Sweet dreams baby blanket - 35% complete

If we finish all our allocated WIP's b4 the quarter ends, can we add new one's?

Welcome Roxy! First... a Dolly Parton doll?!?! That I have to see! :lol It should be fabulous!

Yes, if you finish everything, you can add more if you want. I leave that up to each individual.

Here's the pictures I've been promising for days. It's of all the winter sets I've made for my family. My mother's and my oldest step-daughters were done before the end of the year, so I never listed them on this CAL/KAL. They were on my CAL Before 2008 list, though. I've also posted pictures and more pattern details in my Ravelry notebook. Check it out if you can.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69467

Okay I have all my ends from last year woven in! :clap

I am starting on my lace shawl--technically I think it is a wrap since it will be rectangular. I'm using lace-weight yarn so it will take a while.

Nila that little Spongebob is cute! If my son sees it I will have to add it to my list.

Here's the pictures I've been promising for days. It's of all the winter sets I've made for my family. My mother's and my oldest step-daughters were done before the end of the year, so I never listed them on this CAL/KAL. They were on my CAL Before 2008 list, though. I've also posted pictures and more pattern details in my Ravelry notebook. Check it out if you can.

Those are really nice!

Okay I have all my ends from last year woven in!

I am starting on my lace shawl--technically I think it is a wrap since it will be rectangular. I'm using lace-weight yarn so it will take a while.

Nila that little Spongebob is cute! If my son sees it I will have to add it to my list.

Thanks! As soon as I finish him, I'll be adding the pattern to my blog.

Latest Progress:

A row or so on my vest

So professional in quality and design... I am totally in love with the set you made for Mom, and the Medallion scarf also...

:lol, just had to go back and check my other cals, couldn't recall which ones I posted in and which ones I missed, I'm getting distracted a lot more lately, guess it comes with age????

Anyway if I post something I already said, just chalk it up to old-agism.

I was out today and near 4 different places that sell yarn, And didn't buy any :tup.

I did start my 2nd comfort shawl this morning and finished off 2 more toys that I had started before the Holidays. Also played with making yo yos, (not too keen on all those little tails that need weaving in)...Making 2nd shawl in all one color, one yarn (sensations rainbow classic, a brushed yarn in pink) using the Celtic Knot Shawl pattern found in friendshipshawls web site. It is the perfect pattern for my DSIL. Since the yarn I am using is thicker than recommended I have changed the trc to dc, and reduced the 3 ch spaces to 2 ch. It makes the spaces a little squat, but the overall look is still good. I am also adding a tail to the back, to match the wings, which will give it a triangle shape.

When I finish this it will be time to get to that kitchen rug.

That all sounds great. I have been wanting to buy some sensations rainbow to make a Seraphina's Shawl but that is on my want to do list. Today I haven't worked on anything from my list because I am trying to make some more squares for the comfortghan for Dragonfli. I sent some already but she doesn't have near as many as she needs. So hopefully later today or tomorrow I can work on the Sock Monkey Afghan for my nephew's b-day next month. Too bad you didn't get some more yarn.:yarn

So professional in quality and design... I am totally in love with the set you made for Mom, and the Medallion scarf also...

Thank you so much! I had a great time making her set. Once I figured out her taste I was really able to run with it. :hook The medallion scarf was such an easy project. I literally whipped it out in 2 1/2 hours.

I've been working on Grandma's doily. I've gotten a couple of rounds done today and I think it will be pretty when it's done. I think it'll probably take me another 2-3 days (working on it here and there as I have time) to get it done. That's plenty of time before her birthday.

I got all the winter sets I made mailed out today! :yay It's so nice not to have that looming over my head anymore.

Got sis's hat done today...so that's two projects down. Really easy and really quick. I used Homespun yarn in "Baroque", an N hook, and the "Chunky Cap" pattern from the Jan/Feb '08 Crochet Today magazine. I don't think the hat took 30 minutes...definitely a pattern to keep. I took pictures, but I used my phone and the colors didn't turn out very well. I'll try to find my camera charger and take another picture tomorrow.

Now...which project to work on next?????? The closest one to hand is the Fiesta afghan, so I guess that will be the project for the rest of the evening.

Hope everyone is doing well, and having a good weekend!

Archived