Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

That all sounds great. I have been wanting to buy some sensations rainbow to make a Seraphina's Shawl but that is on my want to do list. Today I haven't worked on anything from my list because I am trying to make some more squares for the comfortghan for Dragonfli. I sent some already but she doesn't have near as many as she needs. So hopefully later today or tomorrow I can work on the Sock Monkey Afghan for my nephew's b-day next month. Too bad you didn't get some more yarn.:yarn

This was first time I tried the rainbow classic, I had used the rainbow boucle and loved it so decided to try the classic. I emailed you regarding drangonfli.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was first time I tried the rainbow classic, I had used the rainbow boucle and loved it so decided to try the classic. I emailed you regarding drangonfli.

I got your pm and I pm'd you back. I'm glad to hear from someone that has used rainbow boucle. I have seen people on Ravelry who have used that yarn for the a Seraphina's Shawl and thought it looked great. I just can't figure out which color I like best. :think

I did 3 rows on my blanket last night while watching Aladdin. Also did another row on my vest. Tried to make some legs for spongebob, but so far everything looked too bulky...lol

I got your pm and I pm'd you back. I'm glad to hear from someone that has used rainbow boucle. I have seen people on Ravelry who have used that yarn for the a Seraphina's Shawl and thought it looked great. I just can't figure out which color I like best. :think

The first one I used was in a lot that I bought on auction, so I tried it, It was the orange, and that is not my favorite color at all. But once I started it looked more like gold and rust. When I ran out and went to Joann's for more, they didn't have it in the orange, so I went to the website. They have so many beautiful colors, I don't envy you in having to make a choice.:think

I finished the back and one wing of the shawl I am making. Just started on the 2nd wing. I really like the way it is coming out, but wish I had picked a different color.

The first one I used was in a lot that I bought on auction, so I tried it, It was the orange, and that is not my favorite color at all. But once I started it looked more like gold and rust. When I ran out and went to Joann's for more, they didn't have it in the orange, so I went to the website. They have so many beautiful colors, I don't envy you in having to make a choice.:think

I don't know what colors to choose and right now at Joann's they have is on sale for 5 bucks!:yes So I want to hit my Joann's and see what colors they have on the shelf and if they don't have much I will have to settle online. :computeBut I really don't know which one to choose. :gallery My b-day is coming up this month so I am way excited. I have just been crocheting since October and I want to get tons of yarn! :jumpyay

Welcome Robin! This is a fun CAL and helps you to get alot done too!

I decided to revise my list every Friday to help me stay on track, so here's my latest:

1. Circle to Square Afghan 20%

2. Fun Circles Bag 25%

3. Lace Cotton Shawl 60%

4. Patons Brilliant Shawl 5%

5. Squares for Warm Up America 0%

6. Tea & Sympathy Shawl 2%

7. Flowers for Aryn Shawl (hope to get yarn this weekend)

8. Learn to Knit!! (apparently when it comes to knitting I have two left hands and no thumbs...I'm terrible at it!! LOL) 2%

Kim

Oooh... the circles to squares afghan! I have the pattern printed out and it has been staring at me! I am making myself wait on buying (more) yarn for that until I get at least one WIP done! How's it going for you?

I love this idea.

My goals for first quarter:

1. 30 CSS sections for WUA - 10 already made

2. Drum CAL - one strip out of 4

3. doily for DD - 75%

4. 30 baby caps for hospital - 8 made

5. 8" square for loveghan - done

6. baby hat for DD's friend - done

7. 5 baby blankets for hospital - 1 done

8. scarf for Jan Blitz - 25%

9. 3 adult hats for Jan Blitz - 2 done

:hook:hook:hook

Oooh... the circles to squares afghan! I have the pattern printed out and it has been staring at me! I am making myself wait on buying (more) yarn for that until I get at least one WIP done! How's it going for you?

It's going great! The Circle/Squares work up real fast and if you use colors you really like, it's alot of fun to do. I slowed down on mine when the weather got unusually warm because I am making mine with wool but plan to get back to it this week!

What colors do you think you'll use?

Kim

It's going great! The Circle/Squares work up real fast and if you use colors you really like, it's alot of fun to do. I slowed down on mine when the weather got unusually warm because I am making mine with wool but plan to get back to it this week!

What colors do you think you'll use?

Kim

I think I am going to use shades of blue with some white to make it stand out a little bit more. Hopefully I will be able to start it in the second quarter! Thats my plan anyways. Do you have any pictures of it posted? Maybe in the show and tell or on Ravelry?

I think I am going to use shades of blue with some white to make it stand out a little bit more. Hopefully I will be able to start it in the second quarter! Thats my plan anyways. Do you have any pictures of it posted? Maybe in the show and tell or on Ravelry?

Those colors sounds great! I am on Ravelry but haven't taken the time to really setup my space on there.:blush I have a couple of pics posted in the Groove Along CAL on Crochetville and you can also see some pics there of what others have done with it, along with a pattern called the Babette Blanket.:yes

Kim

I love this idea.

My goals for first quarter:

1. 30 CSS sections for WUA - 10 already made

2. Drum CAL - one strip out of 4

3. doily for DD - 75%

4. 30 baby caps for hospital - 8 made

5. 8" square for loveghan - done

6. baby hat for DD's friend - done

7. 5 baby blankets for hospital - 1 done

8. scarf for Jan Blitz - 25%

9. 3 adult hats for Jan Blitz - 2 done

:hook:hook:hook

Welcome, Rose! Looks like you are well on your way to getting your list done for the quarter! Way to go! :cheer

I've been bad.... I got distracted. :devil I did get almost done with round 9 on Grandma's doily last night, but for three hours this morning I played with my new toy. I got a Royal yarn ball winder and a Lacis wooden swift. I wound 2000 yarns of sport (fine) weight chocolate colored wool yarn in 2 hours this morning. I haven't had that much fun in a long time. :lol I've got 2800 yards of fingering weight khaki green cotton left in a gigantic donut (skien) to wind, but that'll be another day. I've got to work on that doily again. :hook

Have a great day everyone!

As a newbie, I love this!

Hat & Scarf set for my Great Aunt - 75%

Hat & Scarf set for my MIL - 25%

Hat & Scarf for my mom - 25%

Pocket Scarf for my SIL - 0%

Hat for my cousin - 0%

Cupcake for my DD - 0%

Granny Square afghan for my mom - 0%

Welcome to the CAL/KAL, Jenna! I can't wait to see pics of your projects when they get done. I love accessories! :manyheart Good luck with your to do list.

I finished Grandma's doily this afternoon. :clap Now I need to starch it and block it. I'm so happy I got this done in plenty of time to mail it to her for her birthday. :D I'm taking a break from hooking for the rest of the evening while I try to decide what kind of scarf and hat I want to make for myself.

I've been bad.... I got distracted. :devil I did get almost done with round 9 on Grandma's doily last night, but for three hours this morning I played with my new toy. I got a Royal yarn ball winder and a Lacis wooden swift. I wound 2000 yarns of sport (fine) weight chocolate colored wool yarn in 2 hours this morning. I haven't had that much fun in a long time. :lol I've got 2800 yards of fingering weight khaki green cotton left in a gigantic donut (skien) to wind, but that'll be another day. I've got to work on that doily again. :hook

Have a great day everyone!

OOOOH, that sounds so neat. I hope to get one some day soon. The ball winding was the part of crocheting and knitting I hated. Do the cakes come out being as easy as the ads say???

oops :oops forgot to say that I finished the 2nd comfort shawl. I really like the way it came out, have to take pics tomorrow before I pack it up to mail.

I did a test of the tumbling blocks ghan and I don't like the way it looks, so as soon as I can find a replacement afghan pattern I will have to change it on my list. Looks like I will be working on my Kitchen rug now.

Great job! :clap Hope to see a pic! :yes

Thanks! I'll post a pic of it in the Thread Crochet Show And Tell forum after I get it starched and blocked. Right now it's a little curly and I need to get it smoothed out to really be able to see the edge details.

OOOOH, that sounds so neat. I hope to get one some day soon. The ball winding was the part of crocheting and knitting I hated. Do the cakes come out being as easy as the ads say???

I totally feel hating making balls right along with you. I used to use an empty medicine bottle (the normal prescription size that pills come in) and my two hands. That typically led to a lot of tangles, knots and cussing. :lol The cakes are very easy to make once you get into the rhythm of the winding. The only challenge is getting them off of the bobbin that it is wound on. It's wound a little tight so it takes a little finagling. I've worked out a technique with that by leveraging it against the corner of my dining room table and pulling the cake off. Works like a charm.

oops :oops forgot to say that I finished the 2nd comfort shawl. I really like the way it came out, have to take pics tomorrow before I pack it up to mail.

I did a test of the tumbling blocks ghan and I don't like the way it looks, so as soon as I can find a replacement afghan pattern I will have to change it on my list. Looks like I will be working on my Kitchen rug now.

I'm sorry your afghan test didn't turn out well. Would you mind posting a pic so I can see how it did turn out? If you don't want to, I can understand. I'll be very interested in seeing your rug. What pattern are you using? Or are you going to design it yourself? I need to make a rug for my kitchen too and I've started collecting patterns for inspiration.

I'm off now to pick a scarf pattern. I keep thinking I'll like the Tunisian Scarflet that Running Mommy designed to mock that crazy expensive knitted one (it's called Pidge). Just one problem, I've never done Tunisian crochet... guess there's a first time for everything. :crocheting

Those colors sounds great! I am on Ravelry but haven't taken the time to really setup my space on there.:blush I have a couple of pics posted in the Groove Along CAL on Crochetville and you can also see some pics there of what others have done with it, along with a pattern called the Babette Blanket.:yes

Kim

I just got my invite to Ravelry last week, but I haven't set up much either! I will definitely check out your pictures.

I dropped off a hat last night to a neighbour that was made with a varigated yarn (My Monet Monday) project and then made a preemie hat with the bit that was left.

I am getting some stuff done so this CAL/KAL is helping this year.

I am not quite sure what to do for my TV Tuesday today but I will find a suitable project after I pick up some groceries.

Great job finishing another project! :clap I wish I could say my list was dwindling but alas I have to wait till payday to get some cotton yarn.:rolleyes Oh well good luck picking out a project on your tv Tuesday! What cha gonna watch? :popcorn

Been a while since I checked in. It looks like everyone is coming along well. Here is my revised list (I added the City Girl Cap):

1. Queen-size Ripple Afghan (commissioned project - deadline 3/16/08) - 10% done Ugh! I had to frog it. :( Not wide enough. Starting over tonight. 0%

2. 20 Warm Up America sections - 2/20

3. Valentines projects - 3 heart motifs done, filet heart 50% done, ditty bag 0%, filet gift bag 0%, Rows of Hearts Doily 0%

4. Harley Davidson graphed wall hanging - 25% done - moving to next quarter for Father's Day

5. City Girl Cap (for me :D) - 15% done

Where has the time gone? I thought I just did an update and it was a week ago already! Anyway, not too much to report as I didn't get much done this weekend. I finished 4 more rectangles bringing my total to 8; only 42 more to go! :lol I did manage to get not one, but TWO hats done for the baby gift. The first one was big enough to fit me, so I gave it to a neighbor girl who loves pink. The second should fit when the baby is a little older, but at least it is still baby sized. Decided to add a set of booties instead of a blanket and have one of them done. Just can't convince myself to do the other one for some reason. Not a big fan of the pattern I guess. Might just find a different one and start over.

And of course, it would not be an update if I didn't add a project! I am going to try to create a felted tote bag to carry during the Knit Out and Crochet event that I am going to next month. Hope I can come up with something cool!

Here is my 1st Quarter List:

Finish "Snowy Pines" afghan [50%]

"Midnight Brites" baby afghan [0%]

WUA rectangles [8/50]

Helmet liners [1/2]

8-pocket tote for Mom [0%]

Baby Gift (hat/booties) [75%]

Felted tote bag [0%]

Archived