2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I am so bummed, I posted (or so I thought) Saturday night with my +18, including a comment about how excited I was that I might medal. And for some reason it didn't actually post, or got deleted or something. Sniffle. I probably won't ever have a score that high again. YarnCat do you want to share?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used up 2 skeins on my cotton rug and 2 skeins on my DD's rug.

+8

ETA: I was so excited that I have used up 4 skeins of yarn that I forgot about receiving 2 skeins of yarn today :blush

So that puts me at +4

I didn't sleep much last night. I was in a lot of pain (my back and leg were acting up big time) so I put the time to good use and finished my DD's rug and used busted through 3 more skeins.

+10

I finished a skein (+2) and a ball (+1). I started training on a part time job at Market Basket yesterday. I had to leave at 8 AM and bicycle 30 (+/-) minutes to get there. When the new store opens here at the end of April, it'll be a 15 minute ride or a 5 (7?) minute bus ride :yay. I'll be going 3 times a week plus doing my old part time job in between, I might not get much :crocheting done. Since I haven't biked more than 1 - 2 miles in years (exercise), I was kind of sore last night. Who knows, maybe I'll get in shape and lose some weight :lol.

Score: WTD: + 3

Ellie 13

-2 and +2 cotton

I'm taking a one step back, two steps forward approach - my stash is so varied and I only have one skein of the majority of each that I decided it's okay to buy more yarn if it's contributing to using up what I have. So far...I bought four skeins a few weeks months ago to add to one skein, and there are two still left, waiting... This one will go quick though. I used an entire ball of cotton just this morning on a shrug, so I ought to get the other one gone tomorrow.

Well I stopped at the Goodwill on my way home last night and found a hank of cotton/rayon blend in a pretty orange color. After getting Dh to hold his hands up so I could wind a quick ball, I used the whole thing up on a little purse. It is cute, and since I used the whole hank the same day it didn't effect my score!! Then I worked on a bassinet purse that I need to finish up and I got another skein down to a ball so +1 yesterday. That means +4 for the WTD so far!! Yeah!! My Eva shawl is done and just lovely. I wore it to work today and I just love it!! I think I will be giving it as a gift, but I couldn't bear not to wear it once--besides I wanted to see how it wore. My cousin won't mind if I wear her shawl once...

Gave away a ball of sugar and cream but I think I count them as +2 anyway as it is full vs. partial correct? I am also done one myself so its a quick point change. Nice considering I usually use pounders lol.

Finally sent out 10 skeins of SS Zebra and 15 Homespun... 25 skeins for +50 points. Oh, and I received a box of odds n' ends, but I hafta count them yet for an accurate total. Will do that tonight :D

-2 and +2 cotton

I'm taking a one step back, two steps forward approach - my stash is so varied and I only have one skein of the majority of each that I decided it's okay to buy more yarn if it's contributing to using up what I have. So far...I bought four skeins a few weeks months ago to add to one skein, and there are two still left, waiting... This one will go quick though. I used an entire ball of cotton just this morning on a shrug, so I ought to get the other one gone tomorrow.

Now that's my kind of reasoning. I need one of this or that to use up what is in my stash.

Archived