2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was writing down my +2 on my list (I used up a skein on a shawl = yay!!) and realized that I only counted 4 skeins of yarn a while back as -4 (that math...), so instead of evening out my score for the year back to 0, I am at -4 for the year. :( (and -16 for the week. considering I usually only buy a skein or two a week - ouch)

Made some more squares, but I'm running out of black Simply Soft. I'm definitely going to have to get 2 (3?) more skeins :eek. I'm adding 4 points to my score, used 3 balls and rolled a skein down :cheer. I'll try to add more before Sat.

Score: + 4

Ellie 13

BTW, I posted this in another Cal, but felt the need to brag a little here too.

While on my hunt for 2" rings, I was checking out Walmart, got my rings and "had" to check out the clearance stuff. Found a thick book of beginners crocheted clothing patterns (shipped it right off to my grand daughter) for $5, and a package of 8 of the most unique gold tone buttons, one of which was a big gold fan. Of course I grabbed that (only 1.00) so you know it is going on my newly made purse, . Also got a few more buttons and trims from the clearance section, and two clothing leaflets for me.

But I was good and kept true to the stashbusting Cal. No Yarn.

Argh.. ebay reached out and tempted me with 7 skeins of peach yarn.. and a lb of soft teal yarn.. both of which I really needed for the Hooking for a Cure CAL...

(the lb came in 4 balls.. so I'm gonna count them as 4 skeins).

so.. another - 22.. but I've already used up 2 of the peach skeins... so -18.

I'm having a really hard time keeping up with the negs.. lol

-18 added to my previous -58 = WTD= - 86 YTD = 109

:::emulating my idol.. Nght::::

I got 2 skeins last night for an idea that I had. It didn't work out the way I wanted, or I might have used most of it up last night. I think I am about 1/2 way through one skein, so we'll see what I can get done this week. For now it is -4...bummer. I have hope to be back in the positives this week though.

So after not being able to pick up my hook yesterday (lots and lots of work to do and its still not done....:eek) I grabbed it up today while I wait for the FedEx man and managed to get another skein used up! YAY! Another +2!!

Finally finished off another skein +2 for the week so far. That will probably be my final score if I can't get working on anything that uses yarn up. :lol

Well never mind I did manage to get some more points. I went through my stash to give some away in a swap so I found 10 skeins and a ball to send off so another +21 points. :yay

well, I have FINALLY finished a skein !!!:cheer:cheer I started a new job this week and its put a serious cramp in my life of leisure !! :lolI need to get into a whole new routine now.:eek:eek At least I finished up a skein for the first 2 points in about a month:yay Im trying to work, get to the gym, do dinner for DH, crochet and keep up with my reading...:help Oh my goodness....At least Im too busy to get out to the store and buy more stash:rofl:rofl

Score 2 points for me - finally :cheer

In the midst of my buying blitz, I managed to finish 2 more skeins on the blankie, it's *almost* done! +4

My order from craftsetc.com isn't here yet, but I haven't ordered any more since either.... I'm thinkin' I probably shouldn't! :blush

I am very slowly working through some skeins... I am making friendship squares with leftovers and with the smallest balls I am making some yo-yos. I managed to finish off three balls last night. I am slowly trying to whittle down my stash - shopping trips to buy yarn certainly haven't helped me the the past few weeks :lol

Laughlovehook, color me sending good thoughts your way. I understand sometimes RL can get overwheming. :hug

Score-wise: Since the last update, I finished off 2 small balls, and bought 2 skeins. Net loss of 2pts for YTD, but net gain of 2pts for WTD.

Forgot to keep my score updated but it doesn't really matter because I have had crocheters block for a few weeks. The fish afghan http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44604

gave me inspration so I will be able to use up a skein and some balls but will loose some points because I will have to buy more to finish it :rolleyes.

My biggest problem is finding the right projects for the small balls I have been hording.

Well, I think I've managed to use up two half skeins, but will wait and add it to my score when I finally finish the blanket and see exactly what I have left over. (Who knows, I may end up finishing up the leftovers on another project as well...) This has been a slow few weeks for hookin' for me...

A nearly full ball of peaches n creme was destroyed by my new puppy.. +2

th_Sasha.jpg

WTD= - 82 YTD = 113

Ummm make that 1 ball of Peaches n creme and a ball of Moda Dea Dream ... +4 now

(I really don't leave yarn lying around.. she pulled these out of a workbasket. guess the basket goes higher now)

well, that's one way to use up yarn.

LOL.. not my preferred method. We adopted her from another family ..so I'm having to teach her new manners. :)

Gonna update the weekly score now. Sure won't use up any more today. Gonna house clean and play with my granddaughter.

WTD 2

Still in the positives. We'll see what happens next week as my 18 skeins should be coming in the mail. :eek

Archived