2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:woo one more skein of bamboo down for another pair of wrist warmers. +2 for a total of +14.

Those are going to be a Christmas present. Now to decide if that's what I want to do with the last skein of it too. :think

...one RHSS is not enough for twelve two-color 12" granny squares. I'm almost out. It means, Oh My!:ohdear that Saturday I will have to go to Jo-Ann to see if I can find some more Country Blue.

I have been so good and don't think I've bought any yarn for about a year. And that was from a friend, not a store. Not to say I haven't been tempted. And Caron Pounders are on sale this week.... Will I be able to resist? Who can say?:goodorbad

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: 0

Silver medal for Stashbusing: 08/24/08

I am down to -100 YTD, but now I am knitting a baby sweater...why did I decide this was a good idea???? It is taking forever. It is seriously only 3 1/2 inches long (top down). I know better than to knit something.

I got past the stuff I bought this week by mailing a bunch of skeins off to DH daughter in Cali.

I rolled the last skein for the shawler into a ball today finishing the shawler off. :yay another +1 for +17 for the week.

Now to work on these last 2 skeins.

The bad news is I did find some yarn in the thrift store but haven't decided which of it I'm keeping and what I'm sending out to a swap partner so I'm going to hold off counting it. :blush

Used up two skeins at my crochet/knitting group today. Another 4 points.

Hooray!

Maybe I'll break even for the week! Not bad for buying 6 skeins this week at the sale at Michael's.

:manyheart

I didn't quite finish that RHSS - maybe 2 yards left. Off to Jo-Ann tomorrow. Will try to restrain myself.;)

Nothing else to report. Nice weather last weekend and forecast for this coming, so yard work will continue instead of crochet. Trust me, it will start raining. November is the wettest.

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: 0

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: 0

Silver medal for Stashbusing: 08/24/08

Used up another skein. So I'm at ZERO for the week. And if I keep going tonight and tomorrow, I'll probably end in the positives!

Yeah!

I'm posting early. It's been a good week for crocheting!~

Started out with a negative 12 and ending up with a

WTF=+2!

I think I did pretty good!

Didn't have time to get the last 2 skeins used up today. so my score is....

WTD +17 :yay

But next week is going to be bad again cause I'm going to decide how much of that yarn I got at the thrift store I'm keeping and at a yard sale today I was buying 2 skeins of yarn and she said take the whole box for 1 dollar :eek so of course I did but I haven't had time to look through it yet :sigh

I would have finished off the week with +4 ( finished a skein on a 12 pt round ripple and a skein making a pair of socks), but my sister came over with some orange sock yarn (4 skeins) for her Halloween costume. She's going as Velma from Scooby Doo and needs knee-hi socks.

SO...

WTD: -4

Sorry it's so late. There was a vortex of gravity over my bed this morning, making it very difficult to crawl out of the warm covers....

+25 dragonpuck - GOLD MEDAL!!!

+17 hseger - SILVER MEDAL!!!

+10 Dreams Of Yarn - TIE FOR BRONZE!

+10 appy lover - TIE FOR BRONZE!

+7 rlandto

+4 Ellie 13

+2 basjordan

+2 econ-nerd

+2 CLLinda

0 Marzee

0 jeannie1205

-3 Tia

-4 JennyBunny - Shoot the Moon?

I am using the question mark, because I don't think a -4 is a low enough score for the shoot the moon. This has been a very good week for us! Congratulations to everyone.

Archived