2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started crocheting again! It's good therapy. So I will try to get it to a positive number by Saturday night. It felt good to get back into my normal routines today. It's going to take a while, but I know my Dad wants me to go on with my life. It just will take time.

And I crocheted at the swim meet, just like I always do.

It felt good.

:manyheart

I started crocheting again! It's good therapy. So I will try to get it to a positive number by Saturday night. It felt good to get back into my normal routines today. It's going to take a while, but I know my Dad wants me to go on with my life. It just will take time.

And I crocheted at the swim meet, just like I always do.

It felt good.

:manyheart

Welcome back to crocheting! I most certainly agree about crochet being therapy. A group of us stitching moms get together once a week. We either call our group "The Guild" or "Therapy" depending on our week.

My boys swim, too. Swim meets and practices are a great place to get some crocheting done.

I busted a skein today. I have a good start on one for tomorrow, too!

WTD +4, YTD -151.

Oh Tia, that afghan is gorgeous!! :c9

I'm bouncing back and forth between so many projects right now that I'm not making much progress with yarn busting.

However, I did use up 3 small balls for circles of hope to send to Angelfire! :clap

+6 + 3 = +9

Thanks basjordan & itzhunic!

I bought 5 skeins today so I could remake that afghan to figure how much yarn is used, recheck the pattern and see how long it takes to make. Then I will have it tested.

So -10 for that. :(

Well so much for staying on track this week! :lol

I went to HL and came home with 11 skeins of yarn :faint Granted all but one skein is spoken for on a project so that will get used unless I change the colors on the one project before I get to it. :lol

-22 + 4 = -18 :sigh

Tia, I'm glad the yarn was what you needed :manyheart Very lovely afghan. I made 2 spiders, used up a ball (+1) :clap. I made some pins, but the orange is not going fast (about 1/8 skein used :sigh). I have to make a hat out of plarn for a friend. If I make the plarn, do I count it as gained stash :think?

WTD Score: + 1

Ellie 13

I met with some friends to crochet tonight, and left my current project at home. I had yarn for a two-strand purse in my bag, so I started on that. I managed to finish a ball and a skein. And it's much more fun that working with that boucle, so I may stick to it! My WTD is +9. My YTD is -146.

Still can't get over those of you who go through whole skeins in one day. Simply amazing!:clap

This week I busted a partially used skein of RHSS Windsor Blue (+2) and a small ball of generic black (+1). Rolled one ball (+1) of varigated/ombre [dark reds, greens, blues, shading in between with white/off white, have to find out what that is called. Do I risk taking it to Jo-Ann to find out? :wink]

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +4/YTD: -3

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +4/YTD: -3

Silver medal for stashbusting 8/24/08

September Charity Square-a-long - (Sept. 12th -15th)

Archived