2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I finished a hat last night (crochet dad's cable hat, so cool!!) and got to roll up one ball. I made another hat, but I wasn't quite close enough to roll up that skein, maybe if I make another tonight.

Oh my K you fell off that wagon hard :lol But how could anyone resist that?? I was tempted to take some off your hands but considering that I needed to buy a new plastic tub to contain the yarn I have now (to add to the four tubs already in the basement...) I thought I'd best control myself a bit :P

I found 5 full skeins and 1 half skein at the Thrift store today for a good deal. One package even had a pair of 10 kniting needles in it. -10 points puts me to -5 for the week now.

Went to WalMart last night to pick up 1 cone of yarn, but ended up buying 2 cones and 5 skeins. That puts this purchase at -14, but when you factor in my score for the week so far, I am at -10

Most of that will be used up during the crochet games, so I will have good scores then!!

Used up one ball peach. Finished twelve 12" squares for stargazingirly (Jessica). Will be weaving in ends all next week, so probably won't have any points then. But we always look ahead, don't we? I want to take a shot at Krystal's square (reading the directions makes my head spin - I hope row 8 gets clarified). THEN I am going to do a rectangular granny afghan for the women's shelter and then boy! will I be busting stash! (Well...that is after I finally sew together the two pieces of another afghan that is buried under the stash:heehee). Anyway...

WTD: +1

YTD: -8

-Marzee

Krystal It was mostly RHSS though I got a skein and a half of homespun too. I passed on all the thread they had. Too much white in the bags with some colors that I would have liked so left it all alone. :D

I rolled a skein into a ball for +1 point.

I busted through two skeins working on a double strand round ripple. So that is four more points for my score.

I have about a quarter of a skein to use up by tonight so that I can have two more points.

:manyheart

The pounder I thought would be ready to roll down is not :sigh. I rolled the other pounder Thurs. night and used it up Fri. (+2) and I used up the ball of white I rolled last week too (+1) :clap. I still need more white :angry. Of course, if I get it tomorrow, I won't have to add the points 'til next week :D.

WTD Score: + 13

Ellie 13

Going to the state fair later today I will try and get the totals calculated after 10 pm central time

:2sheep:rabbit :mcow :1sheep :cowboy

Going to the fair for cream puffs and anything deep fried on a stick (from twinkies to pickles)

I might as well post my score :sigh I don't think I'll get anymore used up or anything bought before the deadline. If I surprise myself and I do get something I'll come in and update my score.

WTD -4

I have finally finished off 2 cones of cotton making dishcloths, hot pads and place mats.

That puts me at -6 for the week so far. I'm planning on doing a lot of crocheting the rest of the day, so I will post my final score later on!!

I used up the rest of the skein of hot pink that I used for a baby sweater.

Add another two for the week.

:manyheart

haven't been sleeping well so at 3am today I was up, drinking coffee, crocheting away and busted 2 skeins before the sun came up!!! :cheer+33wtd :cheer

Archived