2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I used 2 balls (+2). 1 on my sunflower design and 1 assembling afghan squares. I have to finish some charity squares using the skeins I bought. I won't use much so I'll have a negative # this week :sigh.

WTD Score: - 2

Ellie 13

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, geez..what have I gone and done now???:think I posted a request on the 'ville asking if anyone had Aunt Lydia's rug yarn. It has been discontinued and I use it for wrapping hangars. Then they are donated to our church bazaar every year.

I hit more than the jackpot!:cheer One of our members said she had a bunch stored away. :clap Today she sent me pics. 99 full skeins and lots of partial skeins! :eek There goes my score for the entire year, plus some!!!

She is going to mail it to me after I get back from vacation at the end of the month, so I will be good with my score til then. But once it hits my front door, YIKES!!!

:yay:yay:yay I just gifted 4 full skeins of ILTY to a dear friend :yay:yay:yay WAIT!!! I'm NOT done yet!!! :clap:clap:clap:clap

I also gifted 5 more skeins to my secret pal :jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay HOLD ON one more time!!! :hi:hi:hi I also rolled 2 balls to add to my score :yarn:yarn

:2rock:2rock WTD 20 :dance:dance

:yay:yay:yay I just gifted 4 full skeins of ILTY to a dear friend :yay:yay:yay WAIT!!! I'm NOT done yet!!! :clap:clap:clap:clap

I also gifted 5 more skeins to my secret pal :jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay HOLD ON one more time!!! :hi:hi:hi I also rolled 2 balls to add to my score :yarn:yarn

:2rock:2rock WTD 20 :dance:dance

That's such a happy score! Good for you!

:manyheart

I organized my stash and am going to get rid of some of it. Stuff I know I'll never use so so far I've gotten rid of 3 over half full balls of thread that is kind of yellowing and 3 balls of thread for +9 points.

Off to update my siggy.

Hi ladies!!

I'm down here in Sunny (mostly) Florida and have busted some skeins of yarn. I've used 3 skeins of cotton for a total of +6 points so far.

I may end up in the negative though, since we will be going shopping soon and I will have to hit at least one yarn store.

I used up two skeins trimming a baby jacket and making a bonnet. +4 for my score.

I am staying out of the stores.

Way too tempting.

My numbers this week:

WTD = +8

YTD = +135

Finished one out of three Beach Covers (used 3 skeins Sinfonia) and the matching wristlet bag (used 1 roll Omega #18 Nylon yarn)

Hi ladies!!

I'm down here in Sunny (mostly) Florida and have busted some skeins of yarn. I've used 3 skeins of cotton for a total of +6 points so far.

I may end up in the negative though, since we will be going shopping soon and I will have to hit at least one yarn store.

With all this rain we've been having here in FL, buying yarn is about the only way to put some sunshine in your day. :yes Have fun!:hook

I know I am posting very early for the week. But I have to go out of town to see my father who doesn't have much time to live. Mom was very happy when I told her that the three of us are coming down to be with her for the week.

I've got so much to do, so I think I won't get much crocheting done.

WTd=+8. YTD=+62.

I won't have access to a computer, so I'll be back in a week or so. Good luck everyone on stashbusting.

I won't win any prizes since I'm starting so late and gardening interferes with crocheting, but here goes. SB Start date July 1, 2008: wtd: 0, ytd: - 11 (just got a bunch of free yarn Tuesday from a person who's moving across country). Sheesh! Just when I got going!:oops

Oh well, I'll whittle at that by finishing off a bunch of tiny balls on granny squares round 1, 2 or 3.

Marzee

I used a ball (+1) making leaves for the sunflowers.I started the border on my afghan. So I should use at least a skein by Sat. and get me back to the + side. I'm not sure what to do after that :think.

WTD Score: - 1

Ellie 13

CLLINDA, I'm so sorry to hear of the reason for your trip. Be safe in your travels and I will have your family in my prayers!!

Okay, Schmetterling, you're creeping up on my score...just wait until you get a package!! May not be until next week that it arrives, but I'm also saving some yarn I have to gift for RAOK's for next week's score to be positive too! :lol HEY!! I have to do something when my crocheting isn't busting my stash! :devil

Will be out of town til the 26th, so here is my score for this week

WTD -24

Won't be taking any hooks and yarn with me on vacation, so guess next week's score will be the same. Unless I happen to find some yarn to buy during the week.

Here's a question: My husband is sending me some of my stash I left behind. Do I have to add that to my numbers, or is it already 'in my stash'?

Meanwhile, I rolled one skein into a ball, but bought some yarn for another baby blanket, so my total this week so far is -7

Here's a question: My husband is sending me some of my stash I left behind. Do I have to add that to my numbers, or is it already 'in my stash'?

Meanwhile, I rolled one skein into a ball, but bought some yarn for another baby blanket, so my total this week so far is -7

I'm thinking it's already yours, so you don't have to add to your numbers. Who agrees?

17:

purchase 4 skeins-8(for specail-order hats)

give away 4 skeins+8(100% wool that was gifted to me last year,which I will never use-it's going to the thrift store)

1.9oz ball-almond(on a special-order hat)

+1

Archived