2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do I look at sale yarn on-line? Don't I realize that it will just get me into trouble? If anyone WANTS to get into trouble, Annie's Attic has some very nice markdowns right now. :devil I managed to avoid ordering, but boy, was I tempted!!!

As I was coming home from the YMCA from my morning workout, my car had a mind of it's own. It turned right into the parking lot and parked.:lol So I got out and then the Clearance rack called my name very loudly. I walked over, and 17 skeins of yarn at $1.99 jumped in my cart. :devil It's mostly baby bee boucle (in yellow and then in blue/pink/yellow) and a few more of the baby bee sweet delights.

I'll have to find another way home. This is killing my score!

But, I look at it this way. When I take the train in a few weeks down to see my folks, I have something to keep me busy!

So who's going to beat my score for Shoot the Moon?

It looks like I'm at a -58 for the week!

Come on, someone can beat that score. I know you can do it!:devil

So who's going to beat my score for Shoot the Moon?

It looks like I'm at a -58 for the week!

Come on, someone can beat that score. I know you can do it!:devil

I'm just glad that you hit your meltdown in the same week that I did and did it better. :whew

I squeaked past this one :cheer... appreciate all your help on keeping me out of trouble.

:rofl

I used up a ball and a skein today at my crochet/knitting group.

I think my score now is -55.

Has anyone seen the sales at Hobby Lobby? Who's going to take the honor away from me for "Shoot the Moon?" Come on, you can do it.

:manyheart

I used up a ball of thread on the filet I was working on for the filet class, so +2 for me. That brings my weekly score to +4!

I got my craftsetc yarn in today :eek 14 skeins of ILTY :yay now my ILTY bin is crammed full. No more room in there for anymore. -28 points with my +6 points leaves me -22 for the week.

I used up one skein last night making a baby sweater.

Now if I can only stay away from HL today, my score will still be very high but not as high as it could go with all the nice sale yarn.

It's the last day to beat my shopping score of -53. come on now, who's going to beat me this week for "Shoot the Moon"?

:manyheart

Well I've only added 4 more skeins to my stash. I am down south, and was only getting started at Hobby Lobby when I got called back to work. I'd like to get some more, but I am not sure when I will have time to go back. So -8 for the week for me....

Well, this week totatally negated my positive five score of last week.

Weekly score -5

Used a few balls and skeins up, but then had to buy a few skeins for WIPS. Then, yesterday, I got a suprise visit at work. The owner had told his wife I knit (doesn't know the difference...lol) and she went to the knitter's convention. She suprised me with a goodie bag filled with patterns, a ball of yarn for making socks, a little zippered case called a Yazzi, scissors, etc. I was speachless! Have been toying with the idea of learning to knit, now I have no more excuses (except, I still don't have knitting needles.)

Sorry, back on subject....I promise to do better with my score next week.

2 more balls busted (+2) :clap. I've got 3/4 of a skein left, should be down to a ball by tonight. I definitely have to get some red Simply Soft and some bright yellow. Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow so I won't have to add any points :devil. WTD Score: + 20 :yay

Ellie 13

Archived