2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I read last night so no points for me.

It's kind of a balance. Do I crochet or read? I love both!

:manyheart

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either I just don't crochet enough to get rid of it or I forget to keep track as I use it or maybe it's just this new less is more lifestyle but keeping score is not as fun as it was in the begining to the point were I was starting to avoid crocheting :( ,so I think it would be a good idea for me to drop out of this game for now. Good luck to everyone, keep it up

:cheer:clap:cheer

haven't posted in a bit but here are my numbers for this week:

5 1/2 skeins of Moda Dea Cheerio in Amethyst - used for bottom up pineapple shawl

2 1/2 skeins of Jaegar Roma yarn in Leaf - WIP tank top

WTD = 15 YTD = 109

ILTY is 7 ounce solid and 5 ounce variegated skeins.

It is softer than RHSS, but I have had some problems with it pilling and fuzzing after using it for a short time. Washing it didn't help.

Just so you know, each skein is worth 2 points, so if you bought 15 skeins, that would be -30.

Each skein bought is a negative 2 points, and when you use or give away a skein, it is positive 2 points.

Check the first post of this thread for the scoring.

Have Fun!! We are...well, most of the time :lol

Rats, you weren't supposed to catch that :lol

So far, i'm still in line for the "Shoot the moon" with my -24. Someone has to beat this. Come on now!

So far, i'm still in line for the "Shoot the moon" with my -24. Someone has to beat this. Come on now!

It's not gonna be me this time! :P Sorry! :devil

I'm still at +2 for the week. I have not had a lot of time to :crocheting this week!

And the prices on the clearance rack were so good, that I might be tempted to stop back in on the way home from the Y this morning, after my workout. Hobby Lobby can hinder my score this week, that's for sure.

haven't posted in a while :P been feeling lousy :( but I've been crocheting :D

:hook finished up 3 skeins of cotton making hats :yarn:yarn:yarn :hook went back to my scrap basket and rolled 2 more balls :yarn:yarn my scrapball is gigantic :eek

+8 for the week

My evil, evil daughter HAD to go to Joann's for something. And she can't drive yet, so I HAD to take her, and four skeins of yarn followed me to the register, so I HAD to buy it....:devil

WTD -8, YTD -93.

Why does Big Lots do this! They have such nice pretty yarns that I can't buy at Michael's and Hobby Lobby - and only a dollar!! -8 for me, but at least I didn't spend much money! :lol

I was so good. Even though the clearance rack in the store was calling my name as I drove by, I stayed out of Hobby Lobby. It took real willpower. I just don't know if I can stay strong for the rest of the week.

I wish my Big Lots had yarn (or do I?) I had to take some Amish ladies to Goodwill to day and I found a bag of some kind of wool blend something. Haven't taken it out yet, but figure when I get it frogged it will be some cool looking stuff. When I frog it I'll add it to my score.

Boy, good thing I'm not Krystal!!! I'd be losing to Wendy. That's 2 weeks in a row now that I bought yarn.

Ok folks, we need to get our story straight in case anybody should ask.

Did Darski really come in here and admit that she bought 4 more skeins of yarns today. :no

There is no way that she is going to have a score of minus 30 this week, just couldn't happen ... right :?

:rofl

the minute I looked into that silver cup something happened to me that I just can't explain

:spin

:out

Edited to add: The good news is that I just finished a skein and two more are likely to go by Saturday :yay

:crocheting

I sure hope Darski beats me this week. I guess that's the problem of shopping on Mondays. No one wants to take the honor away.

I sure hope someone buys some more.

Good news: I did a lot of :crocheting over the last four days. I used 3 balls during my trip to Boston on Sat. (+3). It :rain Sun. Mon. and Tue. afternoon, so I :crocheting. Used 2 balls and rolled a skein (+3) :clap. Bad news: my friend brought a bag of yarn Tue. 5 skeins, 2 half skeins and 10 balls! - 22 :eek. Good news: I only kept 2 skeins brown and a 1/2 skein tan (good for teddy bears). I donated the rest to the knitters at the senior center :lol. So, 6 + 17 - 5 = + 18

WTD Score: + 18

Ellie 13

Archived