2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the first time in more time than I can even remember...

I finished 2 balls of yarn working on doll clothes...

I had just about given up hope of ever doing that.

I got it all my stash into 1 large plastic tub :cheer. I've got mostly pinks and a lot of Christmas yarns. I used 2 skeins making 2 baby afghans and 3 balls making turtles and flowers (+7). Nobody wants anything in pink anymore :sigh. If any one here needs pink, just say so and it's yours :devil. A.C. Moore is has RHSS - $1.99 and Caron pounders - $ 4.99. I think cotton is on sale too :think. I might be tempted, because I have to get stems for the flowers.

WTD Score: + 7

Ellie 13

My evil son HAD to go to Ben Franklin craft store for a special paint brush. While we were there, I was literally attacked by tiny balls of yarn that were desperate for a new home. They were only $.50 each, and they were so cute and fluffy! So I brought a dozen of those, and 4 of the ribbon yarn, and my score doesn't look so pretty now. But the yarn is so soft and pretty, and fun to work with!

WTD = -32

YTD = - 43

So, will I get shoot the moon this week??? I haven't won anything yet.:lol Off to update my signature!

haven't felt well so I'm still not done with the shawl but am about to bust the last skein for it, :yay if I can get myself to finish it. :sigh I did manage to roll two more balls :yarn:yarn at least that's something :shrug already updated sig :yes

+8 for the week so far

My evil son HAD to go to Ben Franklin craft store for a special paint brush. While we were there, I was literally attacked by tiny balls of yarn that were desperate for a new home. They were only $.50 each, and they were so cute and fluffy! So I brought a dozen of those, and 4 of the ribbon yarn, and my score doesn't look so pretty now. But the yarn is so soft and pretty, and fun to work with!

WTD = -32

YTD = - 43

So, will I get shoot the moon this week??? I haven't won anything yet.:lol Off to update my signature!

I didn't know there were any Ben Franklins left. They disappeared some years back around here, along with Woolworths.

You could possibly be the Shoot the Moon winner this week. Best wishes.

used up a tiny ball today for +1 going slow now. Gonna have to bust out some novelty yarn soon to get some of these balls of it gone. :D

:cheer After weeks and weeks of not making a dent, I finally finished a skein of yarn.

:cheer After weeks and weeks of not making a dent, I finally finished a skein of yarn.

Sometimes, I think the skeins are just too big! It takes forever to use up a Pounder, and even the 8 ouncers seem to take forever to use.

I like Jiffy. Those go fast.

:manyheart

I finished my skein working on my shawl!!!!:cheer and I agree,:yes it does seems to take forever to get through a skein! I also rolled another ball. :yarnI'm using all the balls I've been rolling to make a scrapghan. I've started rolling all the little balls of yarn, tying them as I went and my scrap ball is the size of a cantelope!! :eek I updated my sig for 3 more points.

I bought 8 skiens to do an afghan for my DSIL. She's having back surgery again in a few weeks, and I want to send her something special since we can't be there with her. Any way, that's -16 today, which makes my score for the week -4.

Since mid-day I used up another skein on my camisole and 4 balls on a scrapghan for my smaller dogs (in the hopes that if they have their own scrapghan they'll for once stop trying to lie down in my projects--as I'm WORKING on them).

Question: I tried to update my siggie and I'm getting the BB size code message. Did anyone figure out what to do about it yet?

Yes - where you choose the font size, none of your fonts can use a size larger than 3.

I rolled a POUNDER into a teeny tiny ball last night. I've got to figure out a use for that little ball, I want that last point! :lol

Archived