2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Score is low this week. I would have had two more points, but I decided the lapghan I started was too wide, so I am frogging it.:(

wtd = +5 ytd = +70

I hope I can beat that score next week.

:manyheart

busted a skein yesterday so I added +2 to my weekly then moved it all to my yearly to start off next week.

Wow - I haven't been here for awhile. Don't have anything busted.

I sure am jealous of all of the people that got new yarn!!! Wait, aren't I supposed to be getting rid of stash. Don't mind me, just going through withdrawal!!!!!!

I missed a few weeks but did make up for it this week....by buying more stash :lol

Used 2 skeins of Peaches & Creme +4

Bought 33 skeins Jaeger Roma (online at Smiley's), and another 23 more skeins of mixed yarns from Smiley's store today (huge sale)

So that puts me @

WTD = -108 YTD = +90

I used a skein and a ball making charity squares - yippee!! +3 for me this week :)

You know what is almost as good as buying yarn? Finding totes of stash that you forgot you had and there is some great stuff in there :lol

Shelby - I LOVE going through my stash closet when I'm in a purchasing mood. It really helps me to NOT buy if I go through it, empty it out, sort and pet it. :lol

I do the same thing. I forget what I have. So if I visit my stash, I can find something to do and not spend any money.

And with gas prices so crazy, I have to conserve any way I can.

:manyheart

Well, for the week ending May 17 I had +10.

It was easy because I have so many graduation presents to finish. They are all getting kitchen sets, and cotton skeins are sooo small. I seriously need 7 grad gifts. 1 set is completely done, and 3 more are mostly done. Some of them might be getting a check, since I only have 1-2 weeks left to go.

I cheated and bought some of those nylon crocheted scrubbies from a woman at the Farmer's market. She had all the colors I wanted and only charged 1.25 each for them, and gave me a free one after 4. I would have bought hanging towels also (they were only 3.50) but I just didn't care for the selection.

Guess what I did? I took out my Tangled Lost Hope Basket of yarn and worked my way through the knots and rolled those skeins into balls!

What a mess!! But what an accomplishment to now use the yarn again!

The balls rolled ranged from apple size to big ol' softball size or larger.

My hands and wrists were killing me and my mind was a tangled mess when I was done, but here's my rolling score for this week: +16 :cheer:clap

Archived