2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

CraftyWitch -12

darski -20

HappyOldCro -22 <-- SHOOT THE MOON!!!

Boy, I always just manage to miss that by a NY minute. Thank you HappyOldCro for saving my bacon this time. :hug

:rofl

Is there no hope for this addiction? :no

(We sure hope not)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna work on charity squares for next few days - that's good for some stash bustin'!

Good thing there is no place in this county to buy yarn, I had the fever this morning.

Thought I just HAD to buy some :lol

Hey,

I've been having trouble posting on Saturdays, but I used up a couple balls and wound a skein down to a ball that afternoon, so I guess I finished out at 0 last week.

This week I am currently at +3, I made a felted purse yesterday using up one skein, and finished off a wristlette bag that used up a small ball. So wa hoo, in the positive for the week. Plus I made some cute things.

Seriously this weekend was productive, I made--one felted bag(not yet lined, and strap not done), 2 wristlette bags, one girls bag, and one boys hat. I feel like I accomplished something. I set up a booth to sell stuff 4 hours Saturday morning, and was able to work while I was there. I also sorted through my yarn, which it needed -- again.

Boy, I always just manage to miss that by a NY minute. Thank you HappyOldCro for saving my bacon this time. :hug

:rofl

Is there no hope for this addiction? :no

(We sure hope not)

:lol I don't want to cure it, I'd like to control it, well, maybe just a little....

If I didn't have the addiction I would miss all the great sales....:yes

If I missed the sales I wouldn't have all the lovely yarn that makes me hunt for patterns in order to use it....and then I don't have enough of that type of yarn and have to buy more...:devil How to stop the cycle????:think

(Sounds good, but I love my stash ;):yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:manyheart)

Well I went to HL for the 2 skeins I needed to work some more on my CRW's and ended up buying 8 skeins more for the wedding ring quilt :sigh so that's 10 more skeins for -20 starting this week. I do have a few points coming up in the next few days.

I've been so busy these past 3 weeks with family events that I haven't crocheted enough to even speak of :ohdear

I am hoping this week to bust some stash! :hook and NOT buy anymore!! :2nono

My hubby found an old camera of ours and on it were some pics of a blanket I did in 2001! :eek

I wanted to show you so you can see I really do crochet, even if it's 7 years ago! :lol Hope you like it. :xfin

blanket

I didn't post on Saturday either because I hadn't quite finished up my mega ball of S&C (I've got about 2 metres left on it). But I came dangerously close to falling off the wagon twice over the last few days. Saved both days by the "Closed" sign. Whew. It's fun to read all of your posts. I can relate.

I haven't kept score for a while. I didn't buy much, but I was gifted a skein, which I used, finished 4 skeins, bought 3 more, so I will update my YTD to match my net +2. The big order I was expecting was cancelled, which is very good for my YTD, but didn't make me very happy. I'm starting my WTD at 0 today. Here's to positives!

:eek Boy I sure did great!! My 2nd week in this CAL....

Broken finger = none used!!!

Feel better present 1 hot pink skien = -2

Gift from swap partner (14 skiens!!) = -28

Total -30

Well I blew it for the week. I just went to HL and bought 23 skeins and I got 1 skein at goodwill also and 3 skeins at Wal-mart so -54 :eek . I figured since I was in the negative for the week might has well blow it all the way :lol

Off to change my siggy. :sigh

I turned two skeins into balls and finished one ball off so +3 for me so far this week.

ME TOO!! +3 for me

All I have to say is Oops! - I'm at a -220 this week!

:faint

Now there is a woman with potential! :cheer You Go Girl :cheer

I feel so much better now.

Oh wait, did you want us to sympathize or congratulate you? :rofl

Archived