2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Oops,

Something happens to my mind on Saturdays. I keep forgetting to post. I did not finish a skein this week. Too many projects at once. One of these weeks I may have more to report. So my score is:

WTD - 0

YTD - 25

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be starting off the new week in good shape. DD was here yesterday and we browsed thru my stash. She wound up taking 25 skeins to boost her stash. So that equals +50 :yay. But I also bought 3 skeins of baby soft earlier in the day so it means -6, giving me a total of +44 to start the week. My sewing machine went on strike, so I'll be crocheting again until I get it fixed (again), or squeeze some $$ from my rebate check and buy another.

Ok, finished my Aztec Sun and another skein along with it +2

Won't count the partials until I finish them on something else.

Geeeez, I've gotta catch up on pix now too huh? :lol

:scaredDoes my year to date start at zero or can I go back and look at my finished projects and see if I finished any yarn ++ all the yarn I have bought this year?

:scaredDoes my year to date start at zero or can I go back and look at my finished projects and see if I finished any yarn ++ all the yarn I have bought this year?

I don't think so. I think it's from whenever you join.

The score is determined weekly, and then everyone is back to the starting point (0) for the week to come.

Good luck. Lets see how much stash you can bust through. And don't forget, if you receive yarn (buying it, receiving it, inheriting it) it all goes against your score.

Year to Date scores are only for your own knowledge, there is no competition for it. So, it starts when you start the game.

You explained that very well.

:manyheart

Nght +24 <-- GOLD MEDAL (Can it BE twice in a row?)

yarn_monkey +24 <-- GOLD MEDAL tie

CLLinda +20 <-- SILVER MEDAL

Hseger +19 <-- BRONZE MEDAL

raelynn +18

yarncat +13

LegalWoman17 +13

HappyOldCro +12

ldyer1 +6

slksnell +6

econ-nerd +6

walker1021 +5

Schmetterling +4

NeedleArts +3

laurawithchild +2

basjordan +2

appy_lover +2

lpgeorge +2

alwayscrafting +1

rddugan 0

darski 0

Ellie13 0

CyM -4

DreamsOfYarn -14

Krystal16 -15

2kute -16

CraftyWitch -17

krazy-kitty -41

SuperGranny -114 <-- WHOA!!! SHOOT THAT MOON!

I'm so excited. The award of Silver medal is such an honor.

Thanks so much.

I sure hope I can do well this week. But I have a confirmation this weekend, so my times to crochet will be limited.

:manyheart

I worked with my scraps this weekend, making small cell phone/ipod cases. They were so small though that I only used up 1 ball, although I have several more that are really close. I was waiting to get the clips I needed to finish the cases, so maybe I will finish the balls while I am at it.

Here is a question...I have started to do a little wire crochet, and so this weekend I bought wire. Should I count that against my yarn score? I haven't up until now because I wasn't worried about building a stash of wire, it doesn't take up room like yarn does. Plus I was using it up almost as fast as I was buying it. But then yesterday I bought quite a bit more wire (got it on sale) and beads so now I actually have what I would consider a small stash of wire.

Here is a question...I have started to do a little wire crochet, and so this weekend I bought wire. Should I count that against my yarn score? I haven't up until now because I wasn't worried about building a stash of wire, it doesn't take up room like yarn does. Plus I was using it up almost as fast as I was buying it. But then yesterday I bought quite a bit more wire (got it on sale) and beads so now I actually have what I would consider a small stash of wire.

I would count it. If you're crocheting with it, why not?

Went onto town today to buy wii fit and mario kart and everywhere was out of stock :(, so really :angry, wii fit was only released on Friday, so... to cheer myself up I bought some yarn for a blanket I have been planning to make for over year.

It was all disney yarn, 2 balls of dark pink, 1 light pink & 4 balls of different shades of purple.

So -14 so far this week

I went to find white and blue yarn I knew was somewhere in my bins. I found only 1/4 or less skeins and tangled balls. After an hour (+/-) rolling and untangling, I ended up with 2 balls white and 3 blue (tied some together, so I would have less :lol). I hate to find yarn that way, you waste a lot of :crocheting time. I used 2 balls up afterwards though :clap.

WTD Score: + 2

Ellie 13

Archived