This is neat! Nun figurine

Reflecting what the creator says... I am not a catholic either so maybe this is not as neat as I think but I like it

http://www.geocities.com/crochetrat/CatholicNunFigurine.html

Yet another of Rachel's finds for us.

I know some people who would like to have one of these and if you made it in respect and love, it shouldn't be a problem... should it?

I like it, and I do not think it's disrespectful. Three of my aunts are nuns (although they no longer wear the habit), so seeing something like this reminds me of them. The rosary is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

I tried to view the pic but the link wouldn't work can you post again?

it says the data transfer limit has been exceeded that means that rachel and darski made it way too popular....you have to try again later, reposting the link won't do any good.

it says the data transfer limit has been exceeded that means that rachel and darski made it way too popular....you have to try again later, reposting the link won't do any good.

oops!

:eek

:blush

Yeah, oops! :lol;)

(I found that link on one of my desperate-for-new-links crawls. I type in a generic term (think "hat" or "square" or "fridige") in my database and pressed search. A huge list of links pop up and I look through them and say "hmm, this site may have added a new pattern since I last visited" and click "open in new tab" (yeah, I'm a Mozilla Firefox lover). A lot of times I don't find anything, but sometimes (like in this case) it works!)

Yeah, oops! :lol;)

(I found that link on one of my desperate-for-new-links crawls. I type in a generic term (think "hat" or "square" or "fridige") in my database and pressed search. A huge list of links pop up and I look through them and say "hmm, this site may have added a new pattern since I last visited" and click "open in new tab" (yeah, I'm a Mozilla Firefox lover). A lot of times I don't find anything, but sometimes (like in this case) it works!)

Hi Rachel, I'm still trying to get used to Mozilla Firefox!! I had never heard of this, so I was really skeptical. I like it now!!

I love it. And the rosarys too. I'm catholic and my moms sister is a nun, a Religous Sister of Mercy, RSM. I'd love to make this. One for me and at least one if not a few more for my auntie and for the convent she stays in. I'm sure the nuns there would love it. And yes, made with alot of respect and love :manyheart would not be any problem at all. Thanks again for the pattern. :):yes

I love the nun doll! Darski, I think it would be a wonderful gift for the folks you have in mind. The rosary is beautiful, too.

I always had nun dolls (not crocheted, though) growing-up. I still have one of them on display.

I'm not Catholic, but I think it's neat. MY dad's cousin in Canada is a nun (50 yrs I think) and in all the photos she looks like that. I've never met her personally, so I wouldn't recognize her any other way (LOL). Some of the older nuns dress like that in Boston, but the younger ones wear shorter outfits (below the knee) with the black head piece, but not the white around the face.

Ellie 13

I'm Catholic and I love it! I know lots of Catholic families that have nun/religious dolls for their kids to play with. Since we go to mass every week, religious figures are a part of our everyday lives and kids like to act that out with dolls, just like with anything else they know...like firemen and policemen.

I think this is really cute!

• 1 month later...

Archived