Drawstring Cotton Bag

kat

I found this pattern and decided to make it.

http://www.stephthornton.co.uk/crochet/drawsbag.htm

I just thought it was cute. Not sure what I will do with it. DH asked me why I made it, and I said just cause I wanted to. He says.. What are you going to do with it, and I said I don't know. He just shook his head and went off to watch tv. :lol I will probably donate it, cause I really have no use for it.

It would make a great beach bag, or back pack type purse. I stuffed it with plastic bags to take pics. It is really simple and fun to make.

Here is a pic:

th_bag.jpg

Here is a close up of the stitches:

th_bagclose.jpg

Sorry.. forgot to post that. :blush I used Lion Brand Lion Cotton WW in the Seaspray, and Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton in Sage Brush. Idiot me didn't even realize one was kitchen cotton until I had finished it. :lol The colors just worked well together, so I grabbed them up. I don't guess it matters though.

People don't understand that part of the joy is the actual making of something. Tell your husband that I said that you're not the only one who makes stuff just to make it. ;) I make things all the time that I know I won't want, but I want to see how's the pattern works etc. I think it's adorable, and donating it is such a great idea.

I guess it could be used for yarn, but it would need to be bigger around or you wouldn't get alot in it. I like to carry several skiens when I go off... :D

That is a great idea though.

Thanks for all the great replys. You all are so sweet!

Most of the time when I make something, I have no clue what I will do with it, and my husband is always asking who's that for?

Michelle

Mine always asks me that too and half the time I say I don't know yet.:lol

Very cool bag Kat!:yay

• 2 months later...
I found this pattern and decided to make it.

http://www.stephthornton.co.uk/crochet/drawsbag.htm

I just thought it was cute. Not sure what I will do with it. DH asked me why I made it, and I said just cause I wanted to. He says.. What are you going to do with it, and I said I don't know.

I've been crocheting drawstring bags like this too. I plan to put knitted and crocheted facecloths, pretty soaps and lotions, etc. into them and give them as gifts to my children's teachers.

Archived