Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

Checking in to see how everyone is doing? How's the July Charity items going? The deadline for July items is Aug. 31. Please remember to PM kookykatlady and Me when sending your July items.

August is well underway and I hope the month is proving to be a great one for everybody!

:hook

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a few baby items made and two squares. I am trying to get these done in between my nieces wedding gift and all my other charity projects. I am having a great time with all the baby stuff. Hope everyone is having fun too.

Here are a couple of the baby items I have made so far. I love the way this little premie dress came out. It worked up quickly so I may make another one if I can squeeze it in between a few other projects. Pic should be clickable.

th_babystuff001.jpg

th_babystuff003.jpg

Hope all went well, Lea:hug

I'll have only a handful to send - the Games took all my energy! It'll be something, anyway, to send to...?? WHo:think

Thanks judianne..it did go well... I'll repost the Aug info...and make sure we include Ryan's afghan in that too...

Charity: Nursing Home Project

What the charity does: Distribute lapghans to residents of a local nursing home. Many members are on Medicare and have no family visiting and very little to call their own.

What the charity needs: 8" squares in any color with a white border.

Mailing address: Please PM hseger for the mailing address.

Shipping deadline: August 31, 2008

Sponsor: hseger (remember to PM/email this person when you send something)

Coordinator: To be announced (remember to PM/email this person when you send something)

Labor day is fast upon us and its time to start thinking about September's blitz (especially with the Labor day sales :shop). We'll be making items for Project Athena and CrisKad is the charity sponsor. I will be the binky counter this month. I've asked Christina to post a little more information on her charity and the items that she is requesting.

Ok I am running a bit behind this month and need to get some packages in the mail this friday. I will be sending them out priority mail so they get there. I will pm when I send. Sorry I have been a bit out of it lately.

Archived