Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yay:woo:ty

I am going to the post office today to send another 31 squares. Sorry it is late bu DH didn't get paid until today!!

So my mailman has been getting a workout lately, seems like everyday I have a new box of squares ready... well today is pretty hot, and I notice the mail van parked right outside my door, and he leaves the porch I go outside and I see this:

th_DSC01231.jpg

And the mailman asks "how many more packages are you expecting?" with a little chuckle :lol

There was also a box from fed ex that I didn't take a picture of because I didn't connect it with the rest, and should have, so it's really 6 packages today :woo

First I opened up Pat54's LARGE envelope and am greeted with this little gift for me:

th_DSC01232.jpg

I love them they are so pretty, :ty

And of course she sent me these squares as well:

th_DSC01233.jpg

Then I opened a package from my scarf swap partner, so only 5 of the packages pertian to here, check out swaps forum later for pics of my goodies :yay

Next up was a box from Cherri, she too sent me a gift... love the gifts, they are nice little surprises since I wasn't expecting anything for myself at all, so :ty ladies very much! Check out this wash cloth Cherri knitted me, it has hearts purled into it, not sure if my camera lets you see them:

th_DSC01240.jpg

And these wonderful squares:

th_DSC01241.jpg

Then we have tealady.. guess what she sent for me?? Tea!!! and green tea, is my 5:30am daily cup, so :hug

th_DSC01242.jpg

and these marvelous squares:

th_DSC01244.jpg

Next we have yarnscrapper who prepared 71 fantastic squares!

th_DSC01245.jpg

And the fed ex box was from kuddlekubs :woo

th_DSC01246.jpg

Now, when I received Pineknotts sqs the other day my oldest dd helped me line em up for the photo, and today there were so many packages that my 2 oldest dd's were put to work :lol And they were all too happy to help out!

th_DSC01243.jpg

All told 215 sqs arrived at my house today, :ty to everyone! I'm really beginning to like getting mail!

Cluless I have 591 in my possession already, and am waiting on the arrival of 66 more that I've been informed of, for a total looking like 657

nope tracy i didn't know, but :woo that will put us to 674 including yours, and that is enough to make 14 comfortghans!!!!!! :cheer:yay:woo

And have 2 squares left over.... you all are just awesome :ty

In honor of the June firemen bears I thought I would kick us off with the first bear. He still needs some embroidery and he needs to get his tail sewn on but here he is!

(Clickable) Not the best one I have done but for making him after midnight my time he came out ok.

th_morecrochet023.jpg

I'll be trying this fireman bear once I send off the traveling hook III tomorrow, how long does it take you to make a bear wiz??

I'll be trying this fireman bear once I send off the traveling hook III tomorrow, how long does it take you to make a bear wiz??

I have been making these for 2 or 3 years now and am not the fastest crocheter nor a person who likes to sew but I can usually wip out 2 or 3 a day - sometimes more sometimes less depending on what I have going that day. I had a friend tell me it took her about 5 hours the first time she made it but after that about 3 hours. Since I make these every month for my family- they are all firefighters and we started this charity - I usually make up several of the individual pieces for about five (5) to ten (10) bears at a time and then put them all together. It goes faster that way for me but everyone is different so you have to do what works for you. Even one (1) bear more than what we have is always appreciated.

If anyone has any questions about the bears just PM or email me and I will get right back to you ASAP. I work durring the week and live in the SW so I will try to answer you as quickly as possible. THanks in advance for your help! :hook:crocheting:hug

I managed to get 2 more done yesterday along with a few things for my summer camp SP so I am up to 3 so far. I am off to work now so I will check in again when I get home to make sure there are no questions. Have a good day everybody.

Hi ladies! I am not able to post the orig messages sooooo.... re: post #622 The prime number of 71 is called "end of a skein"!!!!!

And re Post # 630, I saw my box on your doorstep. Yeah!!! I'm so glad you got them safe and sound.

Now on to the next project(s)!!!

Yarnscrapper

nope tracy i didn't know, but :woo that will put us to 674 including yours, and that is enough to make 14 comfortghans!!!!!! :cheer:yay:woo

And have 2 squares left over.... you all are just awesome :ty

Ada, I have some to send to you also. I was so busy with family matters that I couldn't send them oput yet. Once I gather them they will go out tomorrow.

I received 3 more packages of squares today

from tracyleigh :ty

th_DSC01261.jpg

From Crossb4me :ty

th_DSC01260.jpg

And from an unknown contributor :ty please let me know who you are

th_DSC01262.jpg

:ty all The squares are just wonderful!!!

I received 3 more packages of squares today

from tracyleigh :ty

th_DSC01261.jpg

From Crossb4me :ty

th_DSC01260.jpg

And from an unknown contributor :ty please let me know who you are

th_DSC01262.jpg

:ty all The squares are just wonderful!!!

Your unknown contributor is alwayscrafting - Shelby. Sorry, thought I had that on the note!!

Life at "the Ranch" has been hectic this past week - anywhoooo..we are into June and I am this month's coordinator. Please PM me with your totals. Following is this month's info. Thanks for all you do for our Charities. Your unconditional kindness is greatly appreciated! :yes:manyheart

JUNE

Charity: Firemen Bear Hugs (no charity URL; but here is

fire department info)

What the charity does: This is a charity started by my family to provide Fireman bears to the Eutawville, SC Volunteer Fire Dept. (Station 7) to distribute to children during fire calls. These bears are also given to family members who have lost a firefighter in the line of duty. These firefighters cover a large rural area of OrangeburgCounty in SC and work solely as volunteers. There are currently 21 members of this department – none of which is paid for their efforts.

What the charity needs: The pattern used to make these bears can be found here. There are a few special requirements for these bears due to safety issues with small children.

1. The plastic face shields are to be left off all bears. NO SHIELDS PLEASE--These can cause severe injuries to small children.
  2. Eyes and noses of bears are to be embroidered on. NO PLASTIC EYES OR NOSES PLEASE--These can cause choking hazards to small children.
  3. All parts are to be securely sewn on to the bears (i..e, ears, tail, buckles, etc.).
  4. Hats should have the number "7" embroidered on front of hat. The words "Eutawville, SC" on left side of hat, and the words "Fire Dept" on the right side are requested but not required.

Mailing address:

Eutawville Fire Dept.

409 Porcher Avenue

Eutawville, SC29048

Attn: Fireman Bear Coordinator –RuthAnn Hritz

The station phone # is 803-492-3944 Please ask for RuthAnn when inquiring about the bears.

Shipping deadline: June 30, 2008

Sponsor: wiz3283 (remember to PM/email this person when you send something)

Coordinator: To be announced (remember to PM/email this person when you send something) - It's Me: Flowerpower06

Archived