Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

Lea posted a great list of the needs for the Fisher House at Fort Bragg.

If anyone wants to help but doesn't have time to make a full ghan for the kids, I'll take any squares you might be able to contribute.

I'm using 8 inch granny squares (holes or no holes) in bright "crayon" or patriotic colors.

Thanks again....:hook

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!

Just a quick question for this month's Fisher House donations... on the soap savers, do we put soap in them or not?? If so, any certain type??

Is that a weird question?? :P

Hi everyone!

Just a quick question for this month's Fisher House donations... on the soap savers, do we put soap in them or not?? If so, any certain type??

Is that a weird question?? :P

That's not a weird question at all...I would think with allergies, sensitive skin atc, that might be dicey... Lea would know for sure, or be able to find out for us.

LEA! HELP!:think

.. You can make the soap savers and not put soap in it, however, the military issue soap is horrible so we usually add an anti bacterial soap for them. If you want to do just the savers I'll have the Blue Star Moms add soap...

OK, thanks for clearing that up about the soap savers for me. I didn't know how many I would be able to do this month, but they are working up really fast. My DH is retired from the army and I always try to give to the military folks as much as possible... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for being MIA. I've been pretty sick with a bad cold this month. Haven't been doing much more than going to work then crashing into bed.

I rcvd 7 burial gowns from Heather for September's charity! Thanks you so much!

IMG_0038-1-1.jpg

Judianne

I have 6 crayon colors in 8" for you,are you still at the same address?

I'll try and get them sent off tomorrow

Same address....!

Thanks heaps!!! :hug I already bordered some that were sent me from a lady in a charity crocheting group I'm in, so I'm ready, hook in hand!:hook

Judy, I have a box to send out Friday (after hubby gets paid) that includes crayon colored Daisy squares, some patriotic squares and some soap savers made by coolhockeymom that I promised to send for her.

Terrific!!! :hugSame addy. if you still have it....:manyheart

A note:

for those who are making OTHER than squares for the ghans I'll be assembling, such as sopa savers, wash cloths, etc, could you send them directly to Lea?

If that's okay with you, Lea??

Of course, that's if you ladies want them to go to Ft. Bragg.

Yep,! I'll be heading to Bragg on the 15th and can hand carry what I get then..... then again in Dec. so there is plenty of time

Terrific!

I received 8 soap savers from Nicole (nnt) today... I'll post a pic later on this week .. Thanks so much!!! They are very nice:hug

Oh good! Glad they made it to you!

Ladies, if you have any squares to send me from the October blitz, would you please let me know? I'd like to get started assembling the ghans as soon as I can and need to know if I will have to make more squares to add to the project.

Thanks heaps!:hug

Thank you, thank you.....Angelfire, Coolhockeymom and pineknott!!

Angelfire sent me 7 squares in the daisy pattern Krystal designed!

Coolhockeymom, those 3 red/white/blue squares will be a great match to the ones sent me from a member of my other charity group!

Pineknott sent 6 wonderfully bright squares! They are perfect!

I see color themes falling into place already.

And every square helps!!

Thanks so very much:hug:manyheart

When will we know the November project? Sorry new here not quite getting it!

Keep checking the first page of this thread...it's supposed to be posted there sometime soon.

Archived