Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judy, your package came! The battery on my camera is dead, so I won't be able to take pictures until tonight when I can buy new batteries.

Thank you so so much!

Glad they arrived. I wanted to do a little something, despite being involved in many other projects...

I took some pics...let me get at my photobucket....

th_HPIM0639.jpg

th_HPIM0634.jpg

The squares for the blanket were given to me, and I was able to make it a bit bigger after raiding my stash...

:manyheart The blanket is sooooo soft! The gown and hat will be really appreciated too. Thank you so so much!

What is your suggestion for the October charity?

:manyheart The blanket is sooooo soft! The gown and hat will be really appreciated too. Thank you so so much!

What is your suggestion for the October charity?

I've been in touch with a member here...on this thread, too(minwifeof4boys)...and I've been trying to help with blankets for children at Fisher House. They wait while a parent is in the military hospital, recovering from wounds. They also like to give the children blankets when a parent is deployed.

I haven't done as much as I want to, and I am willing to assemble squares or I can get the information for people who want to send a completed blanket...

What do you think?

I've been in touch with a member here...on this thread, too(minwifeof4boys)...and I've been trying to help with blankets for children at Fisher House. They wait while a parent is in the military hospital, recovering from wounds. They also like to give the children blankets when a parent is deployed.

I haven't done as much as I want to, and I am willing to assemble squares or I can get the information for people who want to send a completed blanket...

What do you think?

That sounds like a great charity! Maybe you can email AmyS to see if she'll approve it?

..thanks for thinking of it judianne... here is a link to Fisher House if anyone wants to read up on it... they also have houses like this at large military hospitals so if some one wanted to coordinate for an area we could have it spread out if someone sees a "house" near them....

Fisher House : http://www.fisherhouse.org/theHouses/northCarolina.shtml

.. OK.. October Blitz is upon us!!!! This month we will be making items for Fisher House, the Ronald McDonald house for the military. These homes provide a place to stay for families of wounded warriors OR the wounded warriors if they do not require hospitalization but require treatments ( example: Spence in my son's unit took an RPG schrapnel to the knee, he stayed at Fisher House and his dad took him for daily PT)

http://www.fisherhouse.org/theHouses/northCarolina.shtml

while I know all about the one here in NC and visit at least once a month, if you click on locations on the side bar of the website you will see various other locations for Fisher Houses. If you have a Fisher House in your area my I suggest you support that one and just send judianne and I the info of what the totals were that you sent. She and I can compare lists...

I'd just send an email to the director at the Fisher House you are choosing to sent to and ask what the needs are... I called Paula at the one at Ft Bragg and here are a few suggestions:

1. ghans for the children of the wounded warriors. Paula & Lucy give each child their own special lovey when they check into the home and it is something they keep with them and take to their own homes

2.soap savers ( these are also distributed to the All America Floor at Womack Army Medical center for use to in coming wounded from Germany)

3. Dishcloths

4. dish towels with crochet toppers

5. stuffies for the children

6. decorations for the seasons ( pumpkins, turkeys, Christmas)

7. also ghans for the wounded warriors

8. any other goodies you might think of let me know. We make rack packs ( sort of ) for the new arrivals that include books, pencil, shampoo, conditioner, gum, candy ) so if you wanted to do a book mark or something for these bags that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

If any NC-ers would like to meet in Oct to visit Fisher House with me let me know...

Here are my items for September, I'll ship Monday. 12 blankies, 20 hats . (clicky)

th_bluewhitesquare.jpgth_bluerr.jpg

th_greenhoodie.jpgth_4fleece.jpg

th_pinksqripple.jpgth_pinkfleece.jpg

th_yellowshell.jpgth_rippleandboxstitch.jpg

Cluless, your box arrived today! Thank you so so much for your generosity! All the work and love you put into these ghans and hats brought tears to my eyes. :manyheart

Today I rcvd grannyannie's package! She sent gorgeous squares, hats, and gowns.

2907022955_7fedbffa91_m.jpg

Thank you so so much!

As of today, the totals for the September blitz is 134!!

Today I rcvd grannyannie's package! She sent gorgeous squares, hats, and gowns.

2907022955_7fedbffa91_m.jpg

Thank you so so much!

As of today, the totals for the September blitz is 134!!

Yeah! I'm so glad they finally got there! I was getting worried. They should have been there a couple of days ago! :hug

Hi, all....

I know many of us are trying to work on Christmas presents, but I hope you'll be able to help out a bit for this month's charity, Fisher House. I saw a short piece on TV the other day where parents of a wounded soldier were interviewed about their experience at the one near Walter Reed Hospital and it was easy to see the good that this organization does.

Happy:crocheting

Archived