Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

September Challenge - Project Athena

Hi guys, since August is wrapping up, I thought I'd post the information for Project Athena. We provide blankets for preemies and newborns to local Brooklyn hospitals.

The hospitals have expressed a need for burial gowns, blankets, and caps. The biggest need right now is for burial gowns. If you want to do blankets, a good size for preemies is 24x24" or newborn size is 36x36". Also, we'll take 6" squares for blankets too, if you prefer making squares instead. We've got a handful of people who'll put them together.

Cluless is our coordinator for this month, so please PM her totals at the end of the month. Please e-mail me for my mailing addy. Thanks so much in advance! You guys rock!!

Good Morning! Wow - the last of day of Aug. already - Where did it go? :crocheting:eek

A friendly reminder to everyone that today is the deadline (well, actually Tuesday since no mail today or tomorrow) to get the items for the July Charity sent in. Please remember to PM me and kookykatlady with your totals. Thanks again for your help. It is greatly appreciated!

:hug

JULY

Charity:

Heavenly Angels in Need

What the charity does: Donate items to families of premature babies and babies who have died, and children coming out of traumatic situations

What the charity needs: Baby clothing in any size, blankets. Made out of baby yarn or other really soft yarn.

Mailing address: Please PM kookykatlady for the mailing address.

Shipping deadline: July 31, 2008 (extended to Aug. 31, 2008)Sponsor: kookykatlady (remember to PM/email this person when you send something)

Coordinator: flowerpower06

Just another Reminder:

Please send your August totals to Minwifeof4boys....she is the August Coordinator and is keeping tally.

I am/was the coordinator for July and I am keeping the tally for July.

Thanks again! Have a Great Labor Day! :manyheart

Our totals for the Aug charity squares is......73 :yay:yay:yay

With everything going on this month I think that number is awesome!

judianne also did a special project for the son of a soldier who is having a bone marrow transplant ... nice job!!:yes

Well, I think like most the summer kept me pretty busy, and August was crazy, however I'm back in for September!! ready to make baby things :woo

:lol

Judy I got your squares this morning! I guess the mail ran really late yesterday. I kept checking for mail and had given up that we were getting any but something told me to check this morning and finally we had had mail.

Archived