Crochet! January 2008

siminsc

I got the new issue on Monday and wondered if anyone is making the Good-Time Vest that is in it. It looks nice and like it would be really quick to make. I'm going to start one today.

I started on the vest but decided it's not going to work for what I want. Too light and airy. On page 45 there is an add for yarn that shows "Tny Tied Crochet Top". I love the look of it but can't find it anywhere on the net. I thought maybe the pattern would be for sale somewhere or even a free download. Any ideas about where to find it?

I started on the vest but decided it's not going to work for what I want. Too light and airy. On page 45 there is an add for yarn that shows "Tny Tied Crochet Top". I love the look of it but can't find it anywhere on the net. I thought maybe the pattern would be for sale somewhere or even a free download. Any ideas about where to find it?

I'll have to get out the magazine and take a look...maybe it's a pattern that's only sold at yarn stores? Does the ad have a web address? If so, you could contact them and ask where to get the pattern.

Kim

I started the Shearling jacket the weekend before Thanksgiving. I already have the back finished and I am working on sides. I will be using yarn from my yarn stash. The interior will be a white Boucle that has been hanging around for over a year. The exterior will be similar to the jacket on the cover. The pattern works up very easily.

I started the Shearling jacket the weekend before Thanksgiving. I already have the back finished and I am working on sides. I will be using yarn from my yarn stash. The interior will be a white Boucle that has been hanging around for over a year. The exterior will be similar to the jacket on the cover. The pattern works up very easily.

I was going to try that pattern too!

Kim

Oo, I don't have mine yet either. My previous one seemed a little late so I don't expect the Jan one early either.

I'm not much of a vest wearer but I looked at http://www.crochetmagazine.com/tableofcontents.php and man, I too really like that Sherling Jacket! What yarns does it call for, if anyone has a sec to check their mag?

Hmm... my copy still hasn't come. Anyone know when I should start to worry that there is a problem? In the past mine has always come quickly. I am just getting impatient waiting for it to arrive! :emptymail

well, it does say "Tiny Tied Crochet Top" #AY022 by Lorna Miser" so I Googled that with no results. I googled Lorna Miser and got this link but couldn't find the specific top there, but i'm no quitter so let's see what else i can find.

Nope, couldn't find that specific design, but I did find the yarn and I also 'think' that Aurora Yarns is connected with Drop Designs (the pattern is shown in an ad for Aurora Yarns)

I posted this in the help section but didn't get a response yet so I thought maybe some of you who already have the magazine could help me out!!

I am trying to make the Sassy Shell Purse on page 41 of the January 2008 issue of Crochet! Magazine. I've completed the body and sewn the last row to the first row. For the bottom, the instructions say to work in the round but I can't figure out where you are supposed to close it off. At the end of round three it just says to fasten off then goes right in to the top trim. Should I sew the bottom together or should I have sc the two sides together to begin with (even though the directions don't say to). If anyone has the issue and can help me out I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I posted this in the help section but didn't get a response yet so I thought maybe some of you who already have the magazine could help me out!!

I am trying to make the Sassy Shell Purse on page 41 of the January 2008 issue of Crochet! Magazine. I've completed the body and sewn the last row to the first row. For the bottom, the instructions say to work in the round but I can't figure out where you are supposed to close it off. At the end of round three it just says to fasten off then goes right in to the top trim. Should I sew the bottom together or should I have sc the two sides together to begin with (even though the directions don't say to). If anyone has the issue and can help me out I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Hi Kim, I was going to do that pattern but haven't started yet! I just read thru it and I can see what you mean but I don't have an answer for you...I hate it when a pattern doesn't explain things clearly, step by step, especially when it's marked as easy!

Have you contacted the magazine and asked them? They have a real good customer service.

Kim

Thanks!

Hi Kim! I'm so glad you are making this purse!! :woo I can't wait to see your version.

I went back to the original pattern as it was submitted and discovered that somehow during the editing process they eliminated this line from the pattern (and trust me, this happens more often that I care to admit):

Turn inside out and lay flat with one panel of the of the shell sts centered in front of you. Whipstitch bottom of purse together. Turn right side out.

HTH!

:bounce

Has anyone gotten far with the Shearling jacket? The back and sides worked up smoothly but I feel that the sleeve dimension (outer jacket) around the wrist is quite large. The magazine only lists dimensions for the inner jacket.

Archived