Crochet! January 2008

siminsc

Has anyone gotten far with the Shearling jacket? The back and sides worked up smoothly but I feel that the sleeve dimension (outer jacket) around the wrist is quite large. The magazine only lists dimensions for the inner jacket.

I think the outer sleeves are large for the because you add the lining, which will be smaller in size. So I'm thinking it's okay. I looked it over last night when you had this question.

The inner jacket looks super easy, just dc and ch 1 throughout.

And so does the outer jacket look easy. For anyone who wants to try this and has done the 8 Pocket Tote (on Lionbrand website and in a CAL here) it's the same stitch pattern for the outer jacket as the tote.

Debbi

I hate to be a whiner, but when i noticed everyone was receiving there copy and i hadn't received mine i contacted them and they said it had been sent out back when you all got yours and they would re-send a new copy. being the over-anxious type that i am and upon seeing a copy at Joanne's i bought it... and i was sorta disappointed. i usually LOVE this magazine and can find several things i'd like to make, but this time not so much.

maybe i'm just burned out on holiday themes and cold weather themes - i dunno.

now, as for Interweave Crochet's mag coming out Dec 11, that I am REALLY excited about. on their website you can see all the projects in the issue and i see several that i will definitely be making.

I think the outer sleeves are large for the because you add the lining, which will be smaller in size. So I'm thinking it's okay. I looked it over last night when you had this question.

The inner jacket looks super easy, just dc and ch 1 throughout.

And so does the outer jacket look easy. For anyone who wants to try this and has done the 8 Pocket Tote (on Lionbrand website and in a CAL here) it's the same stitch pattern for the outer jacket as the tote.

Debbi

Thank you, Debbi. I thought that the inner sleeves should be smaller but the cover picture has them rolled up. It does appear that the sleeve looks a bit "eased" because it is larger than the lining.

I will be frogging tonight 'cause I just realized that I used the wrong dimensions for the right front! :eek I should highlight the stitch counts and measurements that I use as soon as I start the pattern. :thair I usually do this, even in my books.

well, it does say "Tiny Tied Crochet Top" #AY022 by Lorna Miser" so I Googled that with no results. I googled Lorna Miser and got this link but couldn't find the specific top there, but i'm no quitter so let's see what else i can find.

Nope, couldn't find that specific design, but I did find the yarn and I also 'think' that Aurora Yarns is connected with Drop Designs (the pattern is shown in an ad for Aurora Yarns)

Lorna has her own website. It is currently under construction/renovation.

Here is her portfolio site: http://www.lornamiser.com/portfolio.html.

I would check back often if you are interested. There is also an email address. lorna@lornamiser.com That way you could ask about the pattern directly. I hope that this helps.

Cora

Here is the pic of the Sassy Shell Purse (before handles). I used a larger hook (I) but it is still smaller than it should be. The pattern says it should be 8 1/2 x 15 and mine measures 8 x 12 1/2. Mine also looks a bit more rounded than the one in the mag. Doesn't matter...it's for my DD and she loves it!

SassyShellPurse.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Here is the pic of the Sassy Shell Purse (before handles). I used a larger hook (I) but it is still smaller than it should be. The pattern says it should be 8 1/2 x 15 and mine measures 8 x 12 1/2. Mine also looks a bit more rounded than the one in the mag. Doesn't matter...it's for my DD and she loves it!

SassyShellPurse.jpg

Thanks for looking!

That's adorable! I love the stitch pattern.

Kim

• 2 weeks later...

SassyShellPurse.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looks great! :woo

:bounce

I got my free issue yesterday and there are some cute patterns in it. I do like the bunny hat. I think I'm going to subscribe to that magazine.

Carol:hook

I made the bunny hat for my friend who is having a baby in January. I posted about it in THIS THREAD if you are interested.

I think I am going to have to get a subscription to this mag as well since I seem to find at least one pattern in each issue that I HAVE to make, thanks to this site!

Sara

Archived