The most beautiful afghan I've seen...

There I was...innocently putting in my work day at Walmart. Break time came, so I thought I would go look at the magazine section. What??? Could it be that Walmart actually had a crochet magazine?? There it was--Crochet Today. I've never seen this magazine before.

So I flipped through the pages. Stained Glass Afghan Pattern! How stunning! Blueberry Pie and Black yarn, and it's round. Yes, I bought the magazine just to get this pattern. I absolutely must make it! Please pray for me though--it's in boring sc and it's one of those confusing graph patterns. I spent this morning converting the graph to regular English instructions.

If you have this magazine, what do you think? Will I be bored silly with sc and put it down within a month? It's really so beautiful.

Thanks for your input.

Here's the link:

http://www.crochettoday.com/articlepage.aspx?articleid=201

I know I've seen that pattern before, but I can't remember where.

I haven't made the pattern, but yikes! All single crochet? Good luck! I'm sure you will do a wonderful job.

Our local Wal-Mart always stocks the following crochet mags:

Crochet Today

Crochet World

Interweave Knits Crochet

The best part about buying mags at Wal-Mart? They are cheaper than the cover price!

I thought Annies Attic was suppose to bring that back??

word was it was suppose to be back in her magazines Spring 2007, but I see that didn't happen. Maybe Crochet Today gave her-the orginal author more money than Annies Attic was -did to offer to reprint?

I started - but didn't finish- the original Cathedral Window ghan and I don't think this one is anywhere near that one. This one is ok but I don't think they could play in the same league.

I am just finishing in the ends of the Cathedral Rose Stained Glass afghan. I think the one in Crochet Today looks like a whole lot of work! Mostly single stitch. Ugh. At least the other had doubles and bobbles and an interesting pattern.

I think I will skip the knock off pattern.

Lorry

I don't think I've ever seen the crochet today magazine at my wal-mart but the next time I go to town I think I'll see if maybe the magazine is at barnes and noble cuz I'd like to have that pattern.I think that is real pretty.

I will do it. I am determined to stick with it, no matter how boring it becomes. They say it's "easy", and sc is incredibly easy, but the directions are a little confusing. I will not let that deter me, though. Maybe I'll have it finished by Valentine's Day.:yes

I bought that issue of Crochet Today for the very same pattern. I think it'd be more interesting with different shades of variegated yarn though. I also like the Cathedral Rose pattern that several people have mentioned in this thread. They're both on my to-do list. Just don't know when I'll get around to them! :P

Btw, are you using the Blueberry Pie and Black color scheme or did you choose something else? I've used the Blueberry Pie yarn before in an afghan and it turned out really beautiful. One of my favorites! :)

That afghan is very pretty and I would not mind the single crochet so much, I just hate working the graph patterns, so I probably won't attemp this one.

I am using the Blueberry Pie and Black. I think it would look great in Farmland, too. I saw the Cathedral afghan, and I think it would be too complicated, even if I could find the pattern. Maybe I'll look at it again when it is re-issued next March.

I started this one. I have one of the panels done (it's in my blog if you're interested in seeing it)

This one isn't too graphed. Just the end is graphed.

It is confusing and I think I have it correct... you do 11 panels for the outside first, that's graphsed. Then you boarder those in black. Then you do 11 almost triangles for the center but not the very center. Then you put those pieces together. you have a center hole. You crochet from the center to the very center. So you don't start from the center and work in a circle.

The panels are pretty easy even graphed. I copied them for myself (not voilating copyright laws) and enlarged them and highlighted every other row, then wrote down the number for black and number for blueberry pie.

Yes I'm using Blueberry pie. I like blues.

No this doesn't compare to the other. But it looks 10x simplier. However, if AA does reprint the original I will make that one too, I love it. This one will do for now.

Debbi

It's the current issue of Crochet Today. A graphed pattern shows squares representing each stitch, in its paticular color. My middle-aged eyes have trouble blurring all the squares together, so I prefer that a pattern be written in regular English.

How new is that issue? I subscribe to Crochet Today, but being in Australia my magazine always comes heaps after it's released. What issue number is it in? Just in case I got it but didn't see that pattern?

I thought Annies Attic was suppose to bring that back??

word was it was suppose to be back in her magazines Spring 2007, but I see that didn't happen. Maybe Crochet Today gave her-the orginal author more money than Annies Attic was -did to offer to reprint?

That would be 2008.

Good News about Cathedral Rose Pattern!

Archived