6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

I have been making squares and trying to get enough together to mail i should be able to get a package to you this week...I also picked up some ribbon for you and safty pins...Hope that will help some...

Karen

All of it will help :clap That's how The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project keeps going - every 6"x9" rectangle and every donation of supplies is important.

Thank you, Deborah

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:ty to everyone who used the February Charity Square-A-Long (February 15th - 18th) to make

6" x 9" rectangles

for

The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project!!!!

:yay:bounce

I look forward to receiving the 6" x 9" acrylic rectangles for our April 6th design event!

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

Robin - got your second email. How odd I answered your first email (and sent the address info) on Feb 16th..... if you don't get today's copy of the same note let me know.

Robin - got your second email. How odd I answered your first email (and sent the address info) on Feb 16th..... if you don't get today's copy of the same note let me know.

Thank you I will go and check my email right now. I have had problems receiving my email for some reason :(. I even checked in my spam box just in case but it wasn't there. I am not sure why I am not getting them, I think it is a problem with yahoo. I appreciate you responding to me so quickly.:hug

Deborah- :jumpyay:ty:dance I got the email!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, it took twice to get it to me. :( I don't like to be the problem child :lol. Thanks again so much. I will get my rectangles in the mail.

No worries..... sometimes our email does odd things.

I'll keep my eyes open for your 6"x9" rectangles - will let you know when they arrive.

Deborah: Just started my first rectangle last night:) I 'm so excited to be

able to give something back to those who serve our country. I come from a military family so to speak and my daughter and son-in-law also serve, so this is such a wonderful opportunity to be involved in.

thank you:yay

Deborah: Just started my first rectangle last night:) I 'm so excited to be

able to give something back to those who serve our country. I come from a military family so to speak and my daughter and son-in-law also serve, so this is such a wonderful opportunity to be involved in.

thank you:yay

Please thank your daughter and son-in-law for their service!!

It is appreciated.

Welcome Aboard to The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project!! Deborah

I'm in on the challenge. I've already made 7 total and still have yarn in my stash to use that's color appropriate. I'm using up the ends of skeins and loving every minute of it. Maybe I'll have an excuse to get some more yarn!!! What a temptation. :devil

Thanks for the motivation for the next few weeks. I love this charity.

Deborah,

I have finished putting together the two rectangle sets you sent me. I should be able to send them back on Monday along with whatever rectangles I make up as well.:hook

:ty For finishing the two handmade afghans - another two wounded warriors we can thank for their service to our country!!

:cheer

Thank you to

Gramof11

Julia from NorCal

and

Angelfire

for accepting the challenge

"to make at least one 6"x9" rectangle a week until March 31st"

Each 6"x9" rectangle is another step to thanking a member of our military wounded in service to keep us safe!!

I challenge everyone that has replied to this thread to make one rectangle a week until March 31st. It is only like 7 rectangles and think how many it could add up to.

Count me in...I have the yarn sitting here so all I needed was a bit of a push. One...or more;)...a week is so doable!

I challenge everyone that has replied to this thread to make one rectangle a week until March 31st. It is only like 7 rectangles and think how many it could add up to.

I'm in. :crocheting That's a great idea! Hopefully I will have time to do more...but....I will pledge to do at least one a week.

That is a reasonable challenge and I am in. I can do one a week. :)

I was hoping to do one a day, but I got distracted with other projects. I'm working on #3 today. I can do at least one a week. :) They're simple, basic rectangles because I'm new at this, but I think they will work well in the afghans, anyway.

This is great! :clap

If each of you meet the challenge and make 7 6"x9" acrylic rectangles it will equal enough for one more handmade afghan at our April design event!!

Another wounded military member will be thanked :yay

Thanks to

Wrenak

ScoobyDoo0811

Judianne

Wildflwr

Julia from NorCal

Gramof11 (and for posting the challege)

Angelfire

Anyone else willing to sign onto the 7 6"x9" acrylic rectangles challenge??

Archived