my "fairly" new thread holder thingy

judypudy

I hope this works. i was inspired by a lady on here ( wish i could find here

original thread) i even told HER i would be willing to buy one from her!!!:yay

but alas, i made one for myself. of course her's was MUCH nicer. i improvised

b/c i tend to be on the LAZY side. i had bought a pair of HUGE jeans last year at rummage sale for like a quarter...so i just wacked of part of a leg...ran thick string thru the bottom cuff to gather it around the coffee can. i had to cheat on the pockets since i had a CLOSED seam to work with. well, i think

it worked out pretty good though.:eek i wish i could give CREDIT to the lady for her original design.maybe she will pop in to see mine.(would have RATHER paid her to make it for me:devil) thanks for looking. judy

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l317/judypudy/000_0058.jpg

How creative of you! That's a really neat little item you've made yourself there! In fact, I'd go so far as to say that you could probably make and sell them to help support your crochet habit. I'd be willing to purchase one if you did that. :)

Elle

I think you did a very good job on that. I would like to have one of those myself but my supply of jeans has dried up and I don't sew anymore... :sigh

It really is a neat idea and you did a pretty good job of winging it.

Do you have the original thread this was mentioned on? Or the name of the person who made it? There are a million uses for that and I have tons of fabric I could make it out of. It would be really cute if with different fabrics and embellishments.

no i sure don't have the lady's name or could i find the post she made. i will try again to search for her orginal thread. i thought for sure she might pop in to let us know she was the one made it first. at the time i even told HER i would pay for a couple these!!! judy

The lady was Dodged5, 7 she hasn't posted any messages since

august. so i don't know what happened to her. but there you have it!!!

i give FULL credit the Dodged5 for the idea. :cheeri hope she is alright.

i did remember that she was in oregon, b/c i told i wish i lived NEAR her to get her to make one for me. judy

Archived