Jolly Old St Nick and his Eight Tiny Rein... er Mice

Shellie

I had only been crocheting a couple of months when it was Christmas time about five years ago. I wanted a decoration but couldn't find reindeer anywhere! I could crochet mice though, I made LOTS of those. lol I found a Santa I liked, designed a sleigh and proceeded to make my "team". The harness is my own design and while it is really neat, I do have to untangle it each Christmas.

I am getting so many requests by PM that I thought I would clarify this one! I don't have a pattern, the mice are from an old crochet book and I found the Santa online somewhere. The only original things are the sleigh I made and my custom harness. :) Thanks so much for all the interest! Maybe I should think about designing my own so you can have it. lol

th_100_0528.jpg

th_100_0527.jpg

th_100_0520.jpg

Very neat. I like the idea about tying antlers to the mice...

For the sleigh, did you use Red Heart Christmas yarn. I bought some similar at Wal-Mart. Your sleigh sparkles.

I'm not adding antlers because that's how I designed it about four years ago. lol If I ever make this again I would give it a try. :) Yeah, its the Red Heart Christmas yarn and I have a ton left since all I did was make a Christmas boot and this sleigh.

In fact, the sleigh is just the lower part of the boot with modifications-no crochet sleighs online. :(

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived