Christmas gifts..potholders

chrispersmom

th_HPIM0698.jpgth_HPIM0697.jpg

I made these for my sisster in law for christmas...I plan to make a spring/summer themed one with a flower of some kind and maybe a thanksgiving one with a turkey. They are double thickness crocheted together so that they really can be used. I sewed the decorations on at an angle so that they would be upright when hung on a cabinet door. I used peaches and cream cotton and the snowman is made from # 3 cotton thread. Pictures should be clickable.

Love the snowman one especially! Did you make up the pattern?

Yes, for the appliques and for the potholders. The potholders are just simple hdc, made with an H hook, normally I would do sc so it would be tighter, but I know my sister in law and she won't use them. She won't want to get them dirty.

For the snowman, I just made some circles and sewed them together and the scarf is just a row of hdc and added fringe. When I do ornies with them I use puff paint for the face and buttons, but this time I just sewed it on...little x's. And the hat is just a few rows of hdc . The first row is longer, then on the second row I slip stitched over a little and then left off the last few stitches to make it look like a hat. If you can understand anything I just said..:hook:think

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived