What were they thinking?

Check out this pic...(please)

http://images.transcontinentalmedia.com/canadianliving/crafts/vneck_500.jpg

It is to accompany the instructions for a V-neck cardigan.

...so they take the picture of a woman with her hair all over the V-neck.

What's up with that?

:rant:thair:irk

I wish these craft types would find a real craft type to oversee the picture process.

I may ask in the forum for that one

With some companies it is about selling the picture, not the product...she is young, pretty and smiling...the sweater oh yeah that is secondary...idiots!!

With some companies it is about selling the picture, not the product...she is young, pretty and smiling...the sweater oh yeah that is secondary...idiots!!

That's funny because the first thing I saw when I opened the picture was the stitch used. The only thing secondary was the chick wearing it. :rofl

That's a very pretty cardi, where did you happen to run across it dear darski?

:rant:tryme:box for the photo people on that one!

That's funny because the first thing I saw when I opened the picture was the stitch used. The only thing secondary was the chick wearing it. :rofl

Same here - but the hair over the sweater is still pretty ridiculous... The picture be fine if it were in a clothes ad or magazine but definitely not for crafting purposes.

I got the link from CPC. Every Saturday, I check to see what Rachel has found this week.

The link for the cardi is here...

http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts/crochet/crocheted_v_neck_pullover.php

Just looked at the instructions for that. And, for everyone who has purchased Doris Chan's Everyday Crochet, this V-neck pullover is excerpted from that book. I looked and its called "Tall Latte" and detailed on pages 50-57.

Yes, I've seen this before in other sweater pictures. I notice we also cannot see the arm or shoulder seams, if there are any. I like to see these when I look at a pattern picture.

We do get to see how long it is, and the sleeve length, which are sometimes both not obvious, so at least there's that, but it would be nice to view the entire sweater. Do a better picture or do multiple views.

Real Deal

I think they sometimes pose the models to hide flaws like the V-neck doesn't lie flat. I made a sweater wheree the crochet stitch kind of keeps pulling the sweater off the shoulders. That's why the model was learning way way back with her hips out at an odd angle.

I can't get the links to work

I don't know how to fix that as they still work for me.

If you go to CPC and click on "What's New this week" (it's at the bottom of the Index of patterns) You can find it under "V-neck Cardi"

I don't think it's that bad. I was expecting her hair to be tied under her chin hiding everything. :lol

I've seen much worse. Afghans draped badly or folded so you can't really see anything. Then babies, cats, or plants on them to further hide it.

People at an odd angle so you can't see the front or maybe the back.

I agree, most times it's about selling the photo and not the project. :think

I think they sometimes pose the models to hide flaws like the V-neck doesn't lie flat.

That's what I figure. The finished project they used in the photo wasn't quiet right and so they had to hide the flaws.

Of course I agrew ith afghans folded and on chairs. What's up with that:think We may do that later, but to see the pattern and stitches would be nice.

Or when they hide a stich. A dark afghan on a dark bedspread. Then I start it and realize it's way too open stitch for my liking and have to frog, but I couldn't tell from the stitch or photo.... :P

Debbi

You've just hit on my pet peeve!

If I'm trying to decide to make something, I am all eyes on the item itself - let me get a full view of the darned thing, don't plant things on it, don't fold it up, don't ANYTHING - just show me the whole item (from many angles if necessary) and that's that. I want to KNOW if it's exactly what I want to make before starting it. Otherwise, I won't even bother to start it!

I do happen to like the design of that sweater, though! Too bad I don't make wearables. I have a hard enough time finding things to fit my "figure" in the store, let alone trying to make a pattern to fit!

thats hilarious, i just printed this pattern out last night to make it, i love the sweater but i dd read through it before so i could figure out just what is the collar you cant see.. just in case i need to change it you know

Here's the link:

Sport V Neck Pullover

Just a FYI: I add new pattern links on CPC Wednesday night (hopefully before 8:30) and Saturday morning (hopefully before 10:30, usually before 8:30).

You are on my To Do list every Saturday. I love to check in and see what lovelies you have for us :hug

I'm with Empress Busy Bee. I don't think it's that bad. You still get to see the V and how far down the chest it goes. I really like this top. As soon as I can figure out where I can get the yarn (or what substitute I can use), I'd like to make it.

I'm with Empress Busy Bee. I don't think it's that bad. You still get to see the V and how far down the chest it goes. I really like this top. As soon as I can figure out where I can get the yarn (or what substitute I can use), I'd like to make it.

I was thinking of making it as well but I still would like to see the whole thing. This is just one example of a habit we have seen play out and hence the comment.

Saying it isn't as bad as it could be is like saying they only boil babies on Thursdays. :wlol

:angry It's a shame when the model is more of the picture than the actual product.

I've seen this in afghan pictures also. They have it draped so it looks "Just right" and you can't really tell what the afghan looks like. This is a sore spot for me!:angry

:manyheart

Archived